Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I' smoke 15 cigarettes regularly is there any harm to my health? Because many people are saying it that it will cause you cancer and you should quit smoking. So wat to do?
My dad 67 years old previous years he had 3 operation 1. 2012 Heart attack 3 block admitted in godbole thane operation successful done. 2. After 3 months problem in prostate size was increased laser operation done. 3. After 8 months dad slipped at home and hip gets cracked and the hip gets replaced artificial and after 3 year still hip pain a lot he walk properly but sometime hip gets stuck and we had gone to bone specialists they see x-ray of the hip and they said that we have to do re operation. What to do?
I am an 18 years old boy and I have started smoking cannabis. I've read online that it is good for health in controlled quantities so is it right to go on this path. Does cannabis also cause cancer like tobacco products? Also it fine to smoke 3-4 joints a day. Will it affect me on a chronic basis?
I am a patient of overy cancer. I had done full treatment ie; surgery and chemotherapy. Now my CA 125 is 6.5. please suggest me that what I should do or eat to control it and live a healthy life.
My wife has breast pain since last one month. She says it keeps on paining whether they are touched or not, what so we do. Should we go for any major test?
I am 25 year old. Sufring from prostatitis from last 6 month, I go to uroglist he gave me antibiotic for 4 week. With this treatment I am ok. But some symptom come back. I go to another uroglist. He said I have chronic prostatitis for last 7 months so he gave me 3 month of antibiotic. This is a correct treatment. Reply me sir
Can you suggest any way to detect CANCER personally without using any test because I think I have it but is there any such way.
Lungs are the most important organ of our body that has the responsibility of taking in the oxygen and releasing out carbon dioxide. When cancer develops in it, the entire body gets imbalanced. Lung cancer leads to more death than any other type of cancer, which is why identifying the symptoms and knowing the causes are instrumental in obtaining a timely diagnosis as well as in prevention of this disease.
Symptoms of Lung Cancer
In the early stages:
Loss of appetite
Sudden weight loss
Coughing up blood
In the later stages:
Sever chest pain
Causes of Lung Cancer:
- Smoking: People who smoke are more prone to lung cancer. With the increase in the number of cigarettes you smoke, your chances of getting lung cancer increase too. People who don't smoke but are surrounded by the smokers also have high chances of being affected by this form of cancer.
- Exposure to Asbestos: Asbestos is a group of mineral, which is present naturally in the environment. Lung cancer can occur due to the inhalation and ingestion of asbestos fibers.
- Exposure to Ranon Gas: Ranon is a radioactive gas, which is formed naturally on decaying of radioactive elements. It is found in low levels in the air that we breathe and the water that we drink. Consumption of air and water having this gas leads to lung cancer.
- High Levels of Air Pollution: Presence of high levels of dust particles and pollutants in the air that we breathe can cause lung cancer. 1-2% of lung cancer is caused because of it.
- High Levels of Arsenic in Drinking Water: Consuming water with arsenic content is harmful as it directly affects the lungs and when the arsenic content is too high, it may lead to lung cancer.
- Exposure to Chemicals: Exposure to certain chemicals like uranium, coal products, gasoline, diesel exhaust and mustard gas can also cause lung cancer.
Family History of Lung Cancer: Chances of getting lung cancer increase if your parents, child or siblings are already prone to lung cancer.
I have tonsils in my throat. Its possible to become cancer tissue? In winter weekly once I feel some pain my throat. I take salt nd warm water when I feel pain. Any possibilities to cure tonsils using home remedies or else?
I was having breast cancer in 2010. I was operated. But now my right hand is swollen. please help me.
Those who inherit damaged copy of bra 1 from parent have a greater chance of developing breast n ovarian cancer. As a faculty bra1can not repair damage DNA
Hi I am 35 year old now I am facing hyperplastic stratified squamous epithelium with focal hyperkeratosis and parakeratosis. In my report what is this. Is this Cancer.
I am suffering from cancer on abdominal muscle, which was removed by surgery and radiation given on September 2012. Spindle cell sarcoma. Till now, I am under medical review every 6 months, I am afraid whether it will come again. What shall I do to stop re occurrence again.
Uterine cancer is also known as endometrial cancer. It is a cancer which begins in the lining of the uterus. The uterus is the part of a woman's body where the fetus develops. Uterine cancer is one of those rare cancers in India, which can be diagnosed in its early stages. This is because excessive vaginal bleeding occurs, thus making it a very serious and an apparent symptom. It is also one of the few forms of cancer which can be cured as removing the uterus is often more than enough to cure the patient of uterine cancer.
Here are the causes, diagnosis and treatment of uterine cancer:
The exact cause of uterine cancer is not yet known, however, there is a theory on what causes uterine cancer. Hormones in a woman's body have been thought to increase the chances of getting uterine cancer. This is because it has long been thought that having high levels of estrogen is the cause of uterine cancer. Increased estrogen thickens the endometrium and thus, increases the likelihood of uterine cancer.
There are several tests used to diagnose whether you have uterine cancer including:
1. Pelvic exam: This is an examination in which the vagina, bladder, rectum and uterus are scanned for lumps. If they are found, it might be due to uterine cancer.
2. Pap test: A pap test is a special test designed to scan for uterine cancer.
3. Transvaginal ultrasound: A transvaginal ultrasound uses high-intensity sound waves so that pictures of the uterus can be taken.
4. Biopsy: During a biopsy, the doctor will remove tissue from the endometrium and it will then be analyzed for cancerous growths.
1. Surgery: This is the most common treatment as it removes the entire uterus and prevents the spreading of the cancer.
2. Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy involves giving drugs which kill cancerous cells. They are given through either an intravenous line or even in pill form.
3. Hormone therapy: This is a therapy in which either progesterone levels are increased or estrogen levels are decreased.
4. Radiation therapy: In this treatment, high energy laser beams are used to destroy cancerous cells.