Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saravanan
Submit a review for Dr. SaravananYour feedback matters!
What are the symptoms of vagina cancer? How we can understand from the beginning? A enlargement at the uterus is what symptom?
My prostate size is 44 cc. I am taking Tasulin (0.4) once in night. But now a days I am not comfortable. What to do? Increase dose or change medicine.
A fifty-four years old Marwari patient from Assam presented with progressive jaundice and intermittent episodes of abdominal pain for three months. CT scan of abdomen showed a small (1.5 x 1.5 cm) mass in the bifurcation of common bile duct which is causing biliary tract obstruction and hence jaundice. Portal nodes were not enlarged and there was no lesion in the liver parenchyma. At presentation, serum bilirubin level was high (14.7 mg/dl). Endoscopic biopsy and brushing cytology was adenocarcinoma and clinic-radiological diagnosis was ‘Klatskin tumour’.
- Metallic stenting was done to relieve jaundice and after stenting serum bilirubin level came down rapidly. PET scan showed increased uptake in the biliary duct region mass without any sign of metastasis. He was evaluated and planned for treatment with robotic radiosurgery. He was treated using robotic radiosurgery (CyberKnife) with high precision radiotherapy technique after fiducial placement (gold seeds) near the tumour. After one year, the patient had no obvious complain, liver function (no jaundice) was normal and CT scan evaluation showed completed resolution of the mass.
- Klatskin tumour is an uncommon tumour that arises from the bifurcation of common bile duct in the abdomen (duct that drains bile from liver). Patients usually present with progressive (increasing) persistent jaundice followed by pain in the upper abdomen. Surgical excision is the mainstay of treatment. However, surgery is not possible in majority of the patients owing to the location of the tumour, high jaundice and medical condition. Chemotherapy may not be an optimal option in majority of the patients as they present with high jaundice. Majority of such patients with poor medical condition are treated with only supportive care and prognosis is dismal (survival for a few months only).
- Patients with metallic stent have relief from jaundice but unfortunately in a few weeks time, the stent gets blocked with tumour growth. Patients again present with high jaundice and have severely impaired quality of life. They complain of severe itching of entire body, loss of appetite and succumb due to impaired liver function from high jaundice/obstruction. The treatment is to have a longer ‘jaundice-free period’ which in turn improves quality of life and possibly survival function as well.
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy’s high dose radiation ‘sterilizes’ the metallic stent and bile duct region. It is assumed that with radiation therapy, blockage of bile duct and stent is delayed and patients have longer jaundice-free period.In Klatskin tumour, CyberKnife allows to deliver high dose of radiation in a short duration to the target without significant morbidity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
In our modern life, cancer is the most dreaded disease of all. Despite substantial advances in medical science, there hasn't been much of a progress in the treatment available for cancer. The mortality rate for cancer is still on the rise and all this, in spite of all kinds of sophisticated treatments at our disposal.
Cancer is rather a torturous experience, not merely on account of the terminal consequence, but also of the extreme physical and emotional suffering that one has to endure. What's worse is that often all the efforts are rendered vain. In that context, a large number of people have started looking towards alternative therapies as a cure for cancer. Serious forms of cancers like blood cancer or leukemia are often formidable and do not respond favourably to the clinical treatments. Consequently, despite all attempts and humongous investments, the casualties are on the rise. To counter such threats, people are growingly moving towards alternative remedies. Among the other natural cures, Ayurveda has garnered a lot of interest and approval.
Ayurveda has devised a holistic process that potentially cures you of blood cancer and endows you with a fresh leash of life. As per Ayurveda, the main causes of cancer may be enumerated as genetic imbalances, exposure to harmful radiation, stressful and unhealthy lifestyle and consumption of degenerating food items. As such, Ayurveda tries to heal not just the disease but also the germ of the disease and in the process, improves your well-being.
Ayurveda grapples with blood cancer in the following ways:
- Adjuvant to ongoing treatment: You may be skeptical of depending entirely on Ayurveda as a remedy for cancer. As such, Ayurvedic treatments may be used as ancillaries alongside the ongoing chemotherapy and radiology. Ayurveda stimulates your in built immunity and thus prolongs and rejuvenates your lifespan. That aside, the natural benefits that Ayurveda provides your body reduce the side effects of chemotherapy and help in complete remission of the disease.
- Rasashastra: Ayurveda deems the imbalance in your genetic code to be the main cause of cancer. Therefore, it believes that remedy lies in 'pitta' restoration. Under this treatment, Ayurveda uses a combination of metals vis-a-vis the purest elements to minimize the deterioration of the condition. A unique combination of silver, gold and other essential minerals can be wondrous to boost the immunity of the cells and restore the normal cell production rate in your marrows. This goes a long way in obliterating the damage caused by blood cancer.
- The right diet: Consuming the most favourable foods are essential while battling cancer. An alkaline diet comprising of coconut water, warm, fresh nutritious food like leafy greens, apples and nuts must be regularly consumed. Greasy, spicy and lavish dishes should be avoided since they are known to generate harmful 'ama' in your body.
My Father he was 68 years old, suffering from rectum cancer for past 4 years. He is in now final stage. He is very sick now what kind of treatment you should give. SYMPTOMS 1.A Change in bowel habits. 2.Blood (either bright red or very dark) in the stool. 3.Diarrhea, Constipation or Feeling that the bowel does not empty completely. 4.General Abdominal Discomforts, Frequent Gas, Pains, Bloating, Fullness or Cramps. 5.Weight Loss with no known reasons. 6.Constant Tiredness.
Do we have any cure for polycythemia Vera? Actually when do we start to know that we have polycythemia Vera? Appreciate your help!
My father-in-law of age 73 has detected 4th stage esophagus cancer. Can we go for a surgery? Or let him live as he is now?
My dad s suffering my lung carcinoma stage 3b. His right vocal chord s palsy and not able to talk what is the remedy for it.
Meri breast pr nipple k pas ek or do sal se choti si blister Nikli thi. Jisme se kuch white color ka kuch ajib sa niklta h. Us breast me na to drd h na hi kuch but wo blister muje khtm krni h. please ye btaiye ki m kya kru uske liye Koi home remedy or ointment.
Cancer in the female reproductive organs has been on the rise in the past few years and is a major health concern. While conventional medicine has been able to improve certain aspects of the lives of patients afflicted by this, Ayurveda also has some great remedies for cervical cancer. Let's have a look at some of the remedies in Ayurveda.
- Ashwagandha or Withania Somnifera: Ashwagandha is an all rounder herb, which has long been a favorite of Ayurvedic practitioners. It is a great antioxidant as it has very strong anti-inflammatory properties which help fight the growth of cancer cells and thus can be very helpful in arresting or preventing cervical cancer.
- Lodhra or Symplocus Racemosa: This is a herb, which is used as an extract in powders or even found in the form of capsules. It is commonly used to treat vaginal discharges and menstrual problems and has been known to be very effective. It is also very useful for all cancers of the female reproductive organs including the cervix.
- Shatavari or Asparagus Racemosus: As a herb, Shatavari is very good in increasing libido in women and also increasing energy for daily activities. Ayurvedic practitioners have used this herb to treat many female sexual disorders since ages. It is also very effective in preventing cervical cancer and limiting the growth of cancer cells within the female reproductive organs.
- Ashoka bark of Saraka Indica: This is another ingredient, which is used frequently in the female health products. Ashoka bark is of special interest in case of female reproductive health as it has been known to reduce pain and symptoms caused by tumors in various organs. This natural remedy is also very effective in lessening painful PMS symptoms and correct menstrual problems. Thus, it can also reduce the chances of cervical cancer and also keep it under check.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Used in many health tonics because of its rejuvenating properties, this herb can be very helpful in the treatment of cervical cancer as it provides the body with many essential minerals which cannot be administered by other medications or food.