Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SaravananYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old. I took treatment for nasopharyngeal carcinoma of radiation and chemotherapy. Radiation 35 sittings in month of may-june. chemotherapy 3 cycles. From past six months I am not able to eat solid food. Salivary glands have to reactivate. Now what should I do. From when can I eat and how to reactivate my salivary glands.
Adding magnesium bath salts and essential oils in your warm bath relieves stress, pain and soreness, and detoxifies your skin.
My father aged 55 yrs. As per USG of whole abdomen report prostate is enlarged in size grade III and homogeneous in echotexture. It measure s 49.90 GM.(approx). Catherine is using. Dr. has already suggested 3 months medicine course or go for operation. please suggest whether we can for homeopath or allopathic or direct operation.
In case of 4th stage Cancer (Carcinoma gallbladder) if we are going for Kemo therapy then will it increase the life expectations or only control this disease? Also is Kemo advisable for a weak person? Thank you.
My wife has a lump in her right breast since birth of our child and it feels no pain when it is touched. Also it seems no increase or decrease in size. What to do sir.
My weight is 80 kg. My height is 6ft. My age is 23. My question is. What are the test to detect the adrenal gland cancer in the body. Please answer.
My question is on hard squeezing, my breast oozed out the fluid, I don't know what color fluid, but it did. Also, the other effects were pain, nipple burn, and a black layer has been formed over the nipple! Now it is getting back to normal. Please recommend me what doctor should I consult if necessary and what steps should I take?
Hi i am 25 yrs old yesterday night few bleeding in my left breast and pain also. I am very afraid please tell me it could be a cancer.Please suggest
I am suffering from throat cancer. What treatment can I take to ease my pain. I took some radiation and chemotherapy treatment.
I have been diagnosed with mild prostrate enlargement about 5 years ago. At that time I met concerned specialist in Hospital. He asked me whether I get up for urination in the night after sleep. I have informed that I do not get up in the night. As of now except for frequent urinary urge I have no issue. I am 61 years old. Once a year I am getting PSA test done Please advise.
I am 39 years old and I want to know whether I can detect any growth of cancer at early stage. What are the procedures/tests available to detect any cancer in my body. Kindly advise.
I am having paget disease.From 2004 my doctor was giving me 35 mg per week Actonel(Osteoporosis) but my new doctor endocrinologist(New_younger one) has stopped, and informed me that actonel is not to be taken for longer time. What is your advise?
Suffering with difficulty with urinating fully, was diagnosed with chronic prostatitis, doctor prescribe me silodosin 4 mg tablet for lifetime. Ultrasound scan shows prostate 19gms, in this size prostate can block urine? Is size is normal or not? Thanks.
I am 69y (male) Its found in the scan there's Grade 111 prostatomegaly and Cystitis changes in my rt. Kidney. How to rectify the prostate problem?
My uncle age 79 years is suffering from enlarged prostrate, urine bag has also been fixed, since, he was not able to pass urine, Doctor has advised Ultra sound & biopsy, rest of blood & urine tests are ok, his hb is low and feeling weak, when should he undergo surgery?
My mother is 56 year old she had carcinoma breast cancer grade 1 we did Right radical Mastectomy on 22/9/2016 before that she had 3 chemo. But now after surgery is it necessary to give chemo pls advise Our regular visit doctors had asked to give next three chemotherapy.
Ovarian cancer is referred to as the cancer of the ovaries. The ovaries are a component of the female reproductive system. There are two ovaries located on either side of the uterus in a woman's body. Ovaries which are the organs responsible for producing egg cells also produce the hormones estrogen and progesterone. Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer which often goes undetected until it has spread all the way to the pelvis and the abdomen. However, it is also very difficult to treat the condition in its later stages which is why diagnosing ovarian cancer quickly is quintessential. Here is everything you need to know about ovarian cancer;
- No symptoms at first: Usually, in its early stages ovarian cancer does not cause any symptoms.
- Abnormal bloating: Bloating is when your abdomen swells due to excess fluid or gas inside. Abnormal bloating is more frequently associated with irritable bowel syndrome or even constipation is a common symptom of ovarian cancer.
- Feeling full quickly: This is also an associated symptom which has often been mistaken for constipation or irritable bowel syndrome.
- Weight loss: This is one of the more common signs of ovarian cancer.
- Discomfort in the pelvis area: This symptom occurs towards the later stages of ovarian cancer after it has already spread.
- Constipation: Constipation is a symptom of ovarian cancer as well.
- Frequent urination: This is yet another symptom which is a sign of ovarian cancer.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer are often mistaken with that of irritable bowel syndrome and constipation.
Causes: As with other forms of cancer, it is still very unclear what exactly causes ovarian cancer.
- Surgery: Surgery most commonly involves removing large parts of the female reproductive system which includes the ovaries, the fallopian tubes, the uterus as well as the lymph nodes. The surgeon will also try and remove as many cancer cells as possible from the abdomen and pelvic areas.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is usually done after surgery. It is usually performed so that the rest of the cancer cells are killed off. Chemotherapy drugs can be injected directly into the vein, abdominal cavity or sometimes even both.