Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Saravana KumarYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my tooth for 2 days. What I do for this so that I got rest from this pain. What I do for this it really pains badly. Suggest me some tips to remove my pain?
My boy baby is 11 months old. He was doing potty 4 times in a day. Not so lose and not so tight. He does in medium. So I took motion test. In culture and sensitivity stool, in the report, shigella skin has been isolated. Due to this bacteria what happens? Is this cause any problems? I took this test once again before 3 weeks, E.coli has been isolated In culture and sensitivity. Doctor put him 4 injections. But still he was doing potty 4 time in a day. He was so fat before 3 month, now he became thin. I am so afraid. please tell me some suggestions. If I give grinded apple to him, potty is coming like a apple which I gave him. This problem is from 3 months. I gave a number of medicine which pediatrician recommended me. Now I am giving pasteurized milk, dal with rice, potato, cerelac. Rava. What are the foods to be given to him?
Many patents call a child stubborn if he does not obey instantly. He may be engrossed in a game which he does not want to leave. A child's stubbornness or refusal to cooperate may stem from too many orders,too many demands and the attitude. ' I have said so, and you shall do it. A little laxity will help a lot and the child will cooperate mist of the time if he is not disciplined too much.
9years old he had cough in report x.- ray-broncho -vascular markings r prominent Hb%13.8, RBC-5.1, WBC-WBC-22.6, plt-320, N/L-79H/13L. M/E-7/1 med. hetrazan100, xyzalsnia claribid250 sy- cosere-cosere-d all for ten days again same cough started after 1 month why this problem occur.
My son is entering middle school in the fall. What advice can I give him if he finds himself on the receiving end of cyberbullying?
1.My son is suffering from headache every two-three days. What should i do? 2.My son is 11 years old his weight is 41 kg i want to decrease his weight what should i do? what should i give to him to eat? 3.I have acidity problem what i do? what should i eat daily?
I am 16 years old boy I eat so many food but my health is not good. I eat so many nutritious food but not help me.
It is very important to teach your child that nobody should be touching his/her private parts except the doctor or nurse for health-ups.
My son is 2years and 10 months now. He does not take food properly, his intake is very very low. Often he tries to vomit and gets vomiting sensation. For ex: he asks for banana and if we feed him the same, sometimes he eats fully and sometimes he tries to vomit. Also once in 4 or five months he gets vomiting and stomach upset issue. We beg for your kind advice. I am writting this with tears. Please advice. Thanks a lot.
Always make it a practice to encourage your children to inform you if they face any pain or discomfort in the neck or back before it becomes a serious problem.
Why are Milk teeth important?
As milk teeth fall out, it is a common misconception that they do not matter.
The primary teeth have a number of important roles:
• Essential in the first step of digesting food: chewing, biting and grinding
• Allow good pronunciation and speech habits
• Encourage normal development of the jaw bones and muscles
• Ensure there is enough room for permanent teeth to erupt
• Help your child feel comfortable about the way he/she looks
• Guide the permanent teeth to erupt at the correct position in the dental arch since the permanent teeth grow under the milk teeth
• Also, your child's general health can be affected if diseased baby teeth aren't treated.
Remember, some milk molars are not replaced until age ten to fourteen, so they must last for years
What would happen if milk teeth are not taken care of?
Tooth decay and disease present in milk teeth can cause pain and discomfort and can easily pass on to permanent teeth as they erupt. Milk molars remain in the mouth until around 10 to 12 years of age with lots of opportunity to pass decay on to their new permanent neighbors. If it spreads to the root, an infection in a decayed milk tooth can damage the developing permanent tooth lying directly underneath. Consequently, the permanent tooth may erupt either in the wrong position or may not erupt at all i.e. it may remain embedded in the gums.
Why a Pediatric Dentist?
In the same way that paediatricians are trained to meet a child's medical needs, a paediatric dental specialist is uniquely qualified to protect your child's oral health. Paediatric dentists have an additional two to three years of training at university paediatric facilities in addition to four year of dental study. They know how to deal with the behavioural aspects of children, how to make them feel comfortable, and to make the experience pleasant. Also, they are trained and qualified to treat special needs patients. Paediatric dentists have a holistic approach of handling a child patient whereby the dental visit becomes a pleasant experience and not a nightmare. The very reason they are well versed with the psychology of the child which aids in execution of treatment effectively & efficiently simultaneously instilling a positive dental attitude in those little ones
My child has taken expired cerelac by mistake. Due to this he is suffering lose motion. Kindly suggest me what can be done now?
Hello Doctor, My 7 months old baby boy passes stool once in 3 days. Daily I am feeding him ragi malt, banana msh up, Cereals. Is it ok or do we need to consult Doctor?
My daughter is now 9 n half months she has cold . But her eyes looks like infected wit all yellow coming out n she cannot open her eyes after she gets up from sleep.
My child is not constipated. His stool come out 4 to 5 times regularly in a day. We are worried about this. After getting report doctor said there is no blood in his stool but we saw little drops of blood in his every stool. If this is not blood, then what is this red drops which looks as same as blood.
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?
My 11 month baby has something black on his bottom teeth. Is this due to calcium deficiency? Kindly suggest.
Tonsillitis, in the easiest terms, is the swelling of tonsils in our throat that is accompanied by symptoms like throat pain, difficulty in swallowing/ drinking, altered voice and fever etc.
As in the case of most infections, the occurrence of tonsillitis is more common in children due to relatively lower immunity and habits that invite infections. Let's take a look at the first line of defence when you have a cranky child with swollen tonsils.
1. Make your child gargle with salty warm water: This treatment is most helpful in any infection in the mouth. Add half teaspoonful of salt to a glass of warm water and make the child gargle with the mixture as many times in the day as possible (to a maximum of 5 times). Continue till the condition prevails.
Make sure the child spits out the water and not drinks it.
2. Antibiotics: Consult the ent specialist and have the antibiotics if it is a bacterial cause as per the doctor. Take the alternative treatment prescribed in case of other causes. The entire course of medication should be completed even if the kid gets better sooner to eliminate all traces of bacteria.
3. Painkiller/numbing lozenges: Painkillers that are prescribed by the doctor can be given to ease the pain. Same is the case with lozenges but care should be taken that he/she should not have too many of these.
4. Allow him/her to take rest: It does help in a betterment of the condition!
5. Give warm (not hot) soothing food: Soup, ginger honey mixture, ginger tea can help soothe the inflamed tonsils in most cases. The condition, more often than not, gets better within 7-10 days.