Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Saravana DineshYour feedback matters!
So dear patients and friends our guidance can help you maintain a healthy lifestyle and of course a healthy set of teeth and gums.
My down layer gums very lose nd its leaving teeth. Wht to do. Nd cn you tell me the gum massage medicine name.
For last one year my tongue is having some burning, redness, crack etc. It is not regular but in morning hours it little bit more. I had had some ayurveda medicine for ulcer but felt no difference. I consume alcohol, not more than one peg. Some time I keep tobacco bet lips but not a habit. Some alopathic med also took but in vain. Kindly advice. Motion little bit uneven.
I am 23 years old male, suffering from gingivitis and gums are bleeding&getting weak. Give me suggestion on medicine to have.
Hi I've been experiencing pain in the gums and in my teeth (1) when I eat or drink cold items (2)when some thing gets stuck in gums (3)when I eat sweet(4)when I chew hard stuff. I'm 54 years and never I had those problems earlier.Please suggest remedy ?
I have a dental problem which is paining very much due to having sweet food but I have also done root canal but still not recovered.
I have dental problem I'm getting bad smell in my mouth even I brush. What is the solution for this?
My teeth's colour became yellow. How can I clean it without consult of any doctor? Any home medicine?
I am facing ulcer from yesterday under lower lips my Dr. given me ORAHELPgel (choline salicylate &lignocain hydrochloride gel) and said to drop 2 times on ulcer but it smell like tobacco and im worry about is it ok to swallow that orahelp drops?
My teeth are too much sensitive. I cant take even normal water and hot tea. I use regularly warm water with salt from last month. But it is not working.
I am 22 years old girl. I have bleeding gums whenever I wake up from the sleep even it is half an hour or more. Suggest me ways to reduce it.
Hello Doctor, Iam Kaviya, age 22, working. There are gaps between two teeth of upper row. Should I consult doctor and wear braces? Or any other treatment? The gaps are not so big so how long should I wear it. Kindly explain.
I have problems on teeth and both side of last teeth will hole and when we drink normal water then also it will pain.
Bad breath, also known as halitosis medically, is a much bigger problem than just being a cause for social embarrassment. It could be a symptom of an underlying disorder in your body which when corrected, will result in bad breath being resolved as well. However, in most cases, halitosis or bad breath occurs due to gum and teeth problems or due to life style habits such as a bad diet. Ayurveda has cure for both the problems and offers specialized treatment as well as home remedies.
Some general tips to fight bad breath
Bad breath may occur due to a combination of bad diet or digestive problems as well as oral hygiene issues. Some of the common things to follow, which will reduce your bad breath, especially concerning oral hygiene, are mentioned below
1. Rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal as it helps clean food particles which may contribute to bad breath
2. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Dryness of the mouth can often cause bad breath
3. Brush your teeth, preferably at least twice daily and clean your tongue every time you brush your teeth
4. Avoid alcohol, smoking and excessive consumption of caffeine products
5. Use natural breath fresheners such as mint leaves and parsley
6. Don’t use breath mints, mouth fresheners or mouthwashes which have alcohol in them as they may further dry up your mouth, causing bad breath
7. Try and include more of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet as these will keep you hydrated and supply you with the necessary nutrients to keep your digestive system functional and thus reduce bad breath.
Ayurveda for bad breath
Some of the home remedies as well as specialized Ayurvedic medications that can effectively combat bad breath are mentioned below. However, if you have a persistent problem, it is best to consult with an Ayurvedic practitioner who can help you with tailor made combinations specifically suited to your problem.
- Fenugreek or ‘methi’ and tea leaves: Methi is known to have many medicinal properties in Ayurveda. Boil methi leaves into a cup of tea and drink it once a day to see quick and lasting results.
- Cardamom seeds: This is a quick and effective remedy for bad breath, especially for social occasions. Chew on a few cardamom seeds after a smelly meal and it can definitely take care of your bad breath temporarily.
- Honey ginger and lemon combo: If your body has more ‘Kapha’ based symptoms, then this is a very good remedy. Mix equal amounts of honey with ginger juice and lemon juice and use that concoction to slowly gargle your mouth and then rinse.
- Some specialized medications: Certain special medications may be prescribed by your Ayurveda practitioner such as:
- Kushtha, Nagarmotha, Cardamom, and licorice mixtures
- Dashan Sanskar Churna which is a specially formulated charcoal powder meant for brushing
- Special mixtures made from ingredients such as Manjishtha, Clove, Khadir, Cardamom, Betel nut, Black Pepper, Mayaphal, Kulinjan, Cumin seeds, Vidang, Bakul, and Camphor among others; either in the form of edible medication or in the form of mouthwashes.