Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sarath BabuYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 38 years old male suffering continuous pain over quadriceps muscle since 15 years. What is line of treatment and diagnosis.
My mother 68 years old. Going to get knees transplant. Before that doctors prescribed an vaccination zollidronic acid 5mg will you suggest any good company for this injection.
Hi sir I have constant back pain problem since last 4 month my age is just 25 ,pain is throbbing in nature and aggravated by prolonged sitting like 3 or 4 constant sitting hour, please suggest me something like remedies I do not want analgesics.
I have puffy left elbow off late with no pain. What is reason and implication of this and what is treatment? 58 years Male.
Hello doctor, when I walk or stand for some time and also after wake up in morning my legs and back start painning. So please tell me some solution on it.
Osteoarthritis is a disease that affects the joints and bones of the body and causes a steady loss of cartilage. It causes deterioration in the constituency of calcium, drying of the synovial fluid within the joints that lubricates and eases movements and makes the bones brittle. It also involves declining in the cartilage. This disease, that mostly affects women, worsens over the time and should be treated as early as possible. It causes deformation of the joints and can lead to hard bone cysts. The muscles around the joints get weaker. They lose their ability to bear weight, causing extreme pain.
The form of arthritis which is characterized by a growing pain that gradually wears down the joint cartilages is called osteoarthritis. Usually, people over the age of 40 are most commonly affected by this type of arthritis.
The symptoms of osteoarthritis include are as follows:
- Sudden and severe pain in the joints
- Sudden pain after performing a stressful job with the pain subsiding once you are on rest
- Severe pain after moving the arms and legs for a long time; the pain becoming worse in particular weather conditions
- Joints get stiff after waking up in the morning but improve slowly as the day progresses
- Pain in the thighs and groin region, coupled with swelled joints and joints which get stiff after rest
Physiotherapy For Osteoarthritis
Physiotherapy alias physical therapy is considered as one of the fastest growing allied areas of present generation medicine. Being an important rehabilitative service needed in a community and a vital therapeutic supplement of the medical profession, it's the treatment of diseases and disabilities using physical exercises, heat radiations, cold therapy, hydrotherapy, acupuncture and therapeutic massage.
A physiotherapist first assesses the patient's condition by performing various tests thoroughly. Once he diagnoses the illness, next thing is to design physical treatment depending on the type and severity of his condition. The treatment can consist of exercise programs such as water exercising and group exercising, massages and joint manipulation that plays a vital role in enhancing the mobility of muscles and joints, reducing stiffness as well as inflammation, and pain and muscle education when there is more severe muscular complications. Physiotherapy for Osteoarthritis involves certain exercises. Below give are some of the most common exercises for osteoarthritis-
- Hot compresses help to reduce pain and swelling in the joints and provides relief.
- Knee contractions and extensions.
- Ankle and wrist rotations.
- Hamstring stretch exercises may be helpful in some cases, though such stretching exercises must be performed with assistance and guidance from an experienced physiotherapist.
- Straight leg stretching.
- It is important to provide adequate rest to your joints and not exert yourself.
- Hydrotherapy; exercising in warm water, can be extremely beneficial and relaxing. It improves mobility and strength.
- Half Squats: This exercise helps to strengthen the knee and leg muscle.
- Abdominal Crunches: Abdominal crunches help to strengthen the core muscles of the body, which contribute to the overall body strength.
- Arm circles: In this exercise, one should need to repeatedly make circular arm movements. This exercise helps to develop arm strength and tighten the arm muscles. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
I am 28 year old and married. From last month I feel weekness and pain in knee area and below that. I dont even feel like eating and when I try to eat forcefully then vomiting type things started. Please suggest me.
My son aged 34 years met with a freak accident a few months back i.e. His 2 wheeler bike fell on his right knee. Nothing was found in X-Ray but on scanning it was found that there was ligament tear. Though as advised by the Doctor doing physiotherapy at home still the pain persists.
Purvi she is 3.5 years old She is having leg pains when ever we go out for 2 3 hours she feel very tired l. I think she is having calcium deficiency? What should be the best food and any medicines or exercise for her. She is vegetarian.
My mother is suffering from backbone pain due to that she is suffering typhoid and another pain also.
I am suffering from cervical spondylosis but have significant controls due to meditation and few exercise. I am most affected at the time of season changes. What kind of food I need to take or say what kind food I need avoid during the season changes?
I wants to tell you about the problem of arms and legs pain in my body this problem is increasing day by day from last two months. Please tell me the solution of my this problem so that I can feel some relief in my body?
Though it is said climbing stairs is healthy, for a 73 yr. Old person having chronic low back pain, cervical spondylitis and muskulo-skeletal issues hypertension, will this advice of climbing stairs healthy or otherwise?
He had injury with an accident of left leg the thumb of left leg has no feeling touching also? So what should we do?
I have my shoulder pain and itching in my fingers too using painkillers but no result can you suggest me any treatment for me.
Excessive and persistent pain in the feet as well as the ankle joints could point at the existence of a condition known as flat foot pain. This happens due to the difference between a normal foot and a flat foot. While a normal foot will have an upward arch under the foot, right in the middle, the flat foot does not have such a support. This arch is usually formed by the tendons and ligaments that help in rendering support to the foot as well as stabilising the rest of the body. When these tendons and ligaments become weak, the arch begins to diminish before finally disappearing, which leaves the patient with a flat foot.
This can be a painful condition. Let us look at the ways in which it may be cured.
- Foot Wear: When you are suffering from this condition, it is important to wear comfortable and supportive foot wear like shoes, sandals and slippers which can support the arch and help in giving stability to the rest of the body. Besides looking for shoes that will provide the right amount of comfort, one can also use additional support like insoles that will help in giving comfort while you are walking, standing or running.
- Orthotics: These are tools that can be recommended by your doctor in order to help in minimising the pressure that one feels in the foot. The orthotics usually distributes this pressure by giving much needed additional support to the arch of the foot. These tools also help in realigning the foot’s ankle with its bones as well as the joints, which can help in successfully treating this condition to a great extent. They are usually customised as per your exact foot shape and size, as well as the problem you are facing, so that you have plenty of support when you are using your feet for varied activities.
- Arch inserts and wraps: If your normal shoes are lacking the arch support that you require for flat feet, then you can also invest in arch inserts and wraps which will reduce the pain and prevent it from reoccurring. Also, these will help you to remain standing or walking for longer periods of time, as they add that extra bit of support to your feet for normal functioning.
- Surgery: If the various non surgical treatments do not help you over a period of a few months, then it may be time to speak with your podiatrist or orthopaedic specialist so that you can go in for a surgery that will fix this problem. This kind of surgery will help in stabilising the feet and ankle bones by applying corrective foot support.