Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Saraswathi UYour feedback matters!
My mother is suffering swelling on her legs with a little pain. I tested uric acid and thyroid and it is normal. Sir what is the reason for swelling.Please tell.
My aunt having diabites she is 40 years old and having one child she having diabitirs after when she gave birth a child is that child ok chid having any chansese of daibites.
Hi! Im 28 yrs. Im having PCOS pblm for the past 2 yrs. I have regular periods (30 to 33 days). But spotting starts before 3 days frm my period due. I have 4 years old kid. Nw I'm trying to get conceive for past 5 months. Bt results came negative. Did I'm able to get pregnant again with the PCOS without any treatment? Is there any possibilities? I'm just scared n tensed. please help me.
I am 31 years old male I am healthy. I want to know that how many times sex is possible in a day for healthy person and what is excess limit? How we can enjoy healthy sexual relationship with our partner.
I have erectile dysfunction for the past 2 year. I stopped smoking for last 3 month and started jogging and healthy diet but still I dint see any improvement can I use musli power extra for recovery? I heard there is no side effects in that, is tat good for erectile dysfunction?
I am having cervical spondylosis . My right hand is paining seriously . Tell me proper medicine that can cure it . I am diabetic . Doctor has prescribed me to check (MRI of cervical spine with screening of brain ) is it necessary to check it. Doctor has prescribed this medicine are they perfect : Medicine are as follows Defical -os capsule MyCo -folio acid, B-complex & lipoic Acid tablets HD3 softgel capsule Pregalin x Dr. 75.
My father is 54 & recently while coughing he is getting blood in his cough. This blood is sometimes red & sometimes black in color. We have consulted a doctor in our city & he is currently admitted my father in the hospital to temporarily control the blood in the cough. Some reports have come today that says that there is a dense consolidation in upper lungs & Likely Alveolar haemorrhage. What does this mean Doctor? Please help me and tell me if this is Cancer, TB, any other acute disease. I am really worried for his health and expect some help in this regard. We stay in Allahabad Uttar Pradesh & can you please suggest a good doctor for this treatment. What is the meaning of Likely Alveolar haemorrhage? I look forward to hear from you soon. Thank you.
Is taking Apple Cider Vinegar daily good for health and can anyone take it or any precautions to be taken?
She is 14 year old. But she is very fatty. Her weight is 64 kg. She had bally stomach. How to make her slim as her age is less so she is not verified to go to gym. Pls kindly suggest some tips for weight loss instead of exercise.
Choose your white foods carefully
- Avoid white rice, bread, pasta. These refined foods promote weight gain as they are digested quickly and cause your blood-sugar and insulin levels to spike.
- Making the switch to wholesome wholegrain varieties will help you maintain a healthy weight and keep you full for longer, as they are rich in fibre and help keep your blood-sugar levels balanced.
- Includes whole grain choices like whole oats, quinoa, brown rice, daliya, buckwheat, whole grain pasta and grainy bread add in your main meal.
Drink 2-3 litres of water a day
We often forget to keep our water intake up during winter, yet it is important to drink plenty of water all year round for good health. Don't forget air conditioning and heaters can be very dehydrating.
Try to drink at least two litres a day. Herbal teas count too.
There are many wonderful health-promoting teas to choose from such as ginger (great for improving circulation), green (a powerful antioxidant and can help promote weight loss), and chamomile (helps calm your nerves).
Eat protein with every meal
- One of the best ways to maintain a healthy weight is to eat good-quality, low-fat protein at each meal.
- Protein foods have a low gi and help to stabilise blood-sugar levels, which in turn will help curb sugar cravings and prevent you snacking on sugary carbohydrate foods.
- A good guide is to keep protein servings to the size and thickness of your palm. Some healthy protein choices include nuts, seeds, legumes (and legume-based foods such as hummus), egg white, fish, lean meat, chicken, low-fat dairy and soy products.
- Protein foods also help to create a feeling of fullness, preventing you from overeating.
Fill half your plate with fruit and veg salad
- At least half of your diet should be made up of fresh fruit and vegetables (including legumes).
- Fruit and vegetables are an excellent source of important vitamins and minerals including vitamins a and c, folate, iron and calcium.
- Purple, red and orange varieties are particularly high in potent health-promoting antioxidants.
- However, if you are watching your waistline, don't overdo higher-gi veggies such as potato, sweet potato and pumpkin.
- Aim to have about three pieces of fruit a day. Try adding fruit to your porridge, and make stewed fruit have with muesli or natural yoghurt in the morning.
Start your dinner with soup
- Have a small bowl of low-calorie mix veg soup before your main meal to help manage your weight.
- Doing this is not only a great way to increase your vegetable intake, it can help reduce the amount of food and calories you consume in a meal.
- To save time, make a healthy vegetable-based soup at the beginning of the week and freeze portions.
- Don't forget to add immune-boosting ingredients such as garlic, ginger, onion and miso to help protect yourself from colds and flu.