Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saraswathi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SaraswathiYour feedback matters!
In many cases, the body responds to a stressful or traumatic situation by disassociating with it. This can result in the development of a dissociative disorder. A dissociative disorder or dissociative amnesia is a mental illness that involves the breaking down of memory, consciousness, identity and perception. It can interfere with a person's general functioning, social life and relationships. People suffering from dissociative amnesia can have long gaps in their memory of the accident and the time before and after it.
Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition as compared to men. It has also been found to have a genetic link as people suffering from this condition often have other members of their family who experience something similar. Manmade and natural disasters such as wars, floods, earthquakes etc that cause overwhelming stress is said to trigger this disease.
The inability to recall past events is a primary symptom of this disease. Other symptoms include:
- Depression or anxiety
- Inability to remember personal information
- Substance abuse
- Mood swings
- Sexual dysfunction
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive compulsive symptoms
- Hallucinations and
- Social withdrawal
Treatment for this disease is a two step process. The first step involves relieving symptoms and controlling any behavioral changes. The second step aims at helping the person to recall and process their memories. Developing coping skills and rebuilding relationships is also focused on. Depending on the individual and the severity of symptoms showcased a doctor may choose to treat the patient using any of the following forms of treatment.
- Psychotherapy: This form of treatment is designed to encourage communication and give the person insight into their problems. It uses a number of psychological techniques.
- Cognitive therapy: Changing dysfunctional thinking patterns and their resulting emotions and behavior patterns is the focus of this form of treatment.
- Medication: Dissociative amnesia patients who also suffer from depression or anxiety can benefit from medication such as anti depressants and anti anxiety drugs. However, this medication does not treat the dissociative amnesia itself.
- Family therapy: In some cases, along with the patient it is also necessary to counsel the family. Family therapy involves educating the family members about the disorder and symptoms of recurrence.
Clinical hypnosis: This type of treatment uses intense relaxation and focused attention techniques to access the unconscious part of the mind and allow people to explore their thoughts, emotions and repressed memories.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What is the difference between pregnancy week and gestational week because it shows that in 14 weeks of pregnancy fetus weight should be 43g nd in my usg it showed dat on my 14wk nd 06 days of gestational weeks my fetus weight was 102g. I am really confused. Is my fetus weight normal. Or there is something to worry about. Please help wid a proper and clear advice.
Sir my palm is very hard. Like a rock. If I can shake hand with any person. They said oh. Howz your hand like a rock. Its so hard please explain wht can I do.
Hiii My wife is not properly in periods time to time every month she's phasing problems about period and during periods she's got much pain in vagina and feeling very weakness in body can you tell me please ASAP how to solve this problem.
Ayurveda is a renowned life science that has been credited with changing lives since ancient times. Not only can it prevent diseases and ailments, but it can also cure them with its combination of herbal medication, everyday routine and yogic poses. Weight management is a field that also enjoys various Ayurvedic remedies. Some of them are as follows.
- Herbs: Herbs are a way of healing used by Ayurveda, and the use of various herbs can help in hastening the metabolism for healthy weight management.
- Taste: Ayurveda recognizes six distinct tastes that should be incorporated into one's daily diet. These tastes include salty, pungent, sour, sweet, bitter and finally, astringent. Each of these tastes has several properties that balance the various hormones and health factors in one's body. These tastes form the various counterpoints to alleviate all kinds of health problems, which finally help in effective weight management. Also, one must eat all the seasonal fruits and vegetables to keep the body and hormones in good balance.
- Exercise: While a daily routine of exercise is a must in any life science, Ayurveda too propagates the devotion of at least 45 minutes to one hour towards some form of exercise. Walking is said to be the most important and effective forms of exercise, followed by several yoga poses that can help in better weight management. Also, as per Ayurveda, it is important to move after each and every meal, so that a routine of eating and activity is built into the system.
- Sleep: Ayurveda recognizes sleep or rest as one of the most important aspects of a healthy lifestyle. While good eating habits and exercise form one side of it, sleep or rest completes the triangle. One can also practice the Savasana or resting pose for a period of rest. And at least six to seven hours of sleep is a must as per Ayurveda.
- Meditation: This practice helps in focusing on awareness which can instil the desired function like weight management in the body. Being mindful of what your body needs can also help in eating and exercising right.
Weight management is a lifelong process in Ayurveda.
A stroke, also known as cerebrovascular accident (CVA), cerebrovascular insult(CVI), or brain attack, can occur when a part of the brain is deprived of blood flow. When brain cells are deprived of oxygen they begin to die, due to which the functions controlled by that part of the brain also stops, which results in different types of disabilities among stroke survivors.
There are two types of strokes
- Ischemic stroke
The first is caused when a brain aneurysm or a weak blood vessel bursts. Most of the time, this type of stroke leads to death. The second one happens when a clot blocks the flow of blood to the brain. Patients suffering from stroke suffer from various side-effects, the most common ones being paralysis or loss of feeling in a certain part of the body, problem in understanding or talking and loss of vision on one side. The side-effects start showing up immediately after a person has had a stroke.
In certain conditions, blood flow to a certain part of the brain stops for only some time and hence the body suffers stroke-like symptoms which only last a couple of hours before disappearing. This is known as a transient ischemic attack (TIA). Unfortunately, the effects of a stroke can be debilitating and also permanent. Hence, it's important to know the symptoms of a stroke and rush the patient to a doctor as soon as possible. Sometimes early treatment can save a lot of damage.
The primary symptoms of stroke are as follows:
- Confusion and problems while talking and comprehension
- Headache along with alteration of consciousness or vomiting
- Numbness of the face, arms or legs, especially on one side of the body
- Issue with seeing, through one or both eyes
- Inability to walk with stability, including disrupted coordination
- Problems with the bladder and bowel control
- Acute depression
- Body temperature fluctuates, and pain worsens with movement
- Paralysis on one side of the body along with fatigue
- Problem in expressing or controlling emotions
Diagnosis of stroke
Several tests are carried out to determine the type of stroke, such as
- Physical examination, which involves observing the patient's overall condition.
- Blood tests
- CT scans
- MRI scans
- Cerebral angiogram
Stroke is a fatal brain disease and can cause permanent damage to your system so its best to check with doctor to know how you can prevent it.