Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saraswathi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SaraswathiYour feedback matters!
I had some semen on my hand. After about 45-50 minutes, I touched my vagina without washing hands. Is there any possibility of pregnancy? Can sperm survive this long?
We are in baby planning since a year. But not succeed. We did all the tests and all reports came normal. Doc asked us to keep trying. What may be the reason of not getting pregnant?
Hi I am 23 years old, unmarried, 1 week back I had unprotected sex with neighborhood married girl, who is 22 years old, now I have fear of HIV, will definitely I will get HIV, please help me?
Dandruff is the white particle which is usually shredded off on the shoulders. These particles are the result of dry and pale skin which when are formed on the scalp. Though the peeling of the skin is normal if it is severe, then the problem is considered as serious.
Causes and symptoms for the dandruff
Researchers have proven that dandruff will never produce any symptoms by itself. One of the most common reasons of the dandruff is known to be Seborrhea. Though dandruff seems to be a simple problem but it occurs as a red rash which creates itching. Seborrhea when effects on the scalp cause dandruff while on other parts that are ears, chest, face, forehead, in the folding of hands and back will have red itchy scars. There is no age limit restriction for dandruff to occur it affects people of any age group from newborn to older adults. This Seborrhea when affected on the scalp it does not give rise to hair loss problems instead hair growth will be slower than usual.
The most common causes for the dandruff are listed below:
- Overgrowth of fungus on the scalp
- Increased oil production
- Hormonal changes
- Neurological disorders
- Irregularity in shampooing
Whom to approach for dandruff treatment?
The best solution is to take the treatment for dandruff. In order to take the treatment, it is essential to approach the dermatologist and discuss the issue to solve the problem. So the necessary medication or required useful cosmetics are recommended for curing of the dandruff problem.
Diagnosis for dandruff
In order to identify the issue, the dermatologist will first thoroughly examine the scalp of the person with the problem. In very severe cases only biopsy test is considered, where small patch from the scalp is taken and sent for testing. Then accordingly dermatologist will give proper medication along with the required treatment.
Treatments for dandruff
Treatments recommended by the dermatologists for dandruff will vary upon the severity. However, the common treatment will be including Cortisone based creams, Cortisone based lotions, topical anti-yeast shampoos and lotions.
The home remedies that are recommended by the dermatologists for reducing dandruff on the scalp will heal the problem to some extent. Here are some of the common remedies:
- Medicated shampoos
- Topical steroids
- Antifungal creams
It is most important that medicated shampoos need to include either one or more ingredients that help in reducing dandruff on the scalp. Those are:
The factors as mentioned above are the most commonly referred by the dermatologist. They help in the eradication of dandruff from the scalp. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 28 years old women. Before 4 years I took a surgery for lump on my right breast. At the same time a tiny lumps on my left breast too. I took needle biopsy to the both breast at that time. The result is normal. The biopsy result of right breast is also normal. After 6 months of surgery I got married and delivers a child before our first anniversary. My left breast lump is become larger during this period. Am i suspect the left breast lump cancer. I am afraid to a medical examine. Please give me a clarification.
I have migraines from last Once a month. Up late, menstrual, food disturbances but before three months i took multivitamins for a month. what should i do ? please advice
I'm having pain in both my breast and feel a lump in them. I can feel a paining lump in my armpit too. I have had a tuberculosis test and same symptoms wen I was about 8 yrs. It cured later. What to do.
Doctor ne jo muje pcod ke liye goecyst medicin di h kya uske sath hi hum pregnancy try kar sakte h ya nai.
I am 21 year suffering from vaginal white discharge from last 3 month. Who can help us? Its curable? Want to know it affect fertility? Reply asap.
One of the best and easiest ways to manage the symptoms of the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD is through a healthy and nutrient dense diet. This would not only help you to not only keep the severity of the symptoms in check but also to maintain a healthy weight.
Tips to keep in mind when choosing a diet
- Managing Weight: It is essential for patients with COPD to manage their weight. The symptom of breathlessness could be more severe if you are overweight. You might feel fatigued and tired if you are underweight. Therefore it is crucial to monitor your calorie intake and therefore also your weight as recommended by the American Lung Association.
- Balanced Diet: It is essential for patients with COPD to eat a healthy, nutritious and balanced diet. One that is varied and rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean meats or proteins according to a study published in the August 2014 issue of the International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. A well-balanced diet will ensure that you get all the necessary vitamins such as C, E, and D that are necessary to help you cope with this condition.
- Protein: Lean proteins such as eggs, meat, poultry, nuts, beans, and fish especially oily fish such as mackerel and sardines, should be incorporated into your meal plan. These proteins are necessary for patients with COPD especially if they are managing their condition through exercise.
- Carbohydrates and food high in fibre such as lentils, oats, and beans will improve the functioning of the digestive system.
- Potassium: Fruits and vegetables such as beets, potatoes, bananas are especially beneficial in preventing water retention in patients
Foods To Limit Or Avoid
People react differently to foods, there are some foods that patients with COPD should limit or avoid but if they do not seem to have an impact on your symptoms you can make them a part of your meal plan.
- Limiting salt intake irrespective of whether you are a COPD patient or not is always a good step to take. But if you are a COPD patient excessive salt in your diet could cause fluid retention which could worsen your shortness of breath.
- Dairy products such as milk and cheese can irritate the respiratory pathways making phlegm thicker.
- Certain fruits and vegetables such as apples, cabbage, stone fruits such as peaches and soybeans can cause gas and bloating.
- Caffeine in coffee and chocolate could interfere with certain medications that you have been prescribed. Confirm with your doctor if you can still include them in your diet. Patients with COPD need to drink plenty of fluids and it might be beneficial to opt for non-caffeinated beverages.
- Fried, greasy and spicy food can cause gas and indigestion which can affect breathing.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!