Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SaranyaYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old male, I am suffering from ankle pain from last 4 months. This pain I got by a plastic ball when I was playing cricket. Please suggest what to do?
I am 27 Year old female and have the left leg (Whole Leg) pain for last 15 Days. I have used pain relief ointment or spray but haven't got any relief. What should I do now?
I am 28 year old woman. I have back pain and doctor suggested for MRI. Here is the result of MRI At l5-s1 posterior disc buldge with central disc protrusion indenting on anterior thecal sac and causing bilateral moderate to severe neural foramina stenosis What does it mean? Is it any serious issues? Thanks.
Mere pair me kbhi kbhi bharipan lgta hai lgta h bs thigh pr dard hota h aur bhari ho jata h aur pair ka to flesh aisa lgta h vibrate ho rha h .Please tell.
I am 21 years old. And I am suffering from back bone pain. Not all the time. And its not continuous. I need help.
I have been suffering from knee problem since 3 days, I am unable to walk properly, taken medicine without doctors permission and attempted different exercises but still its paining, what to do?
Hi A female patient age 60 suffering from pain in many joints like knee, wrist, shoulder and back. Swelling in whole body specially face and lower limb. Hypertensive, blood sugar fasting 125 and pp 160. T3 and t4 level is normal but tsh is slightly elevated(4. 26) please tell diagnosis and treatment
Usually I do self satisfied when I layer in bed and do, after that for 1-2days I feel heavy back bone pain, I don't no y, I feel this from 1 years, please help me.
I am a 24 year old male with knee pain due to bad ankles. Have accessory navicular bone in my feet causing the problem, what shall I do ?
I am having pain starting from the base of the neck and covering the back of the head. The pain is persistent and pulsating and throughout the day. There is heaviness in the shoulders also when I wake up in the morning. Is this cervical spondylitis? What are the remedies for this?
Hello Doctor, I am about 22 years. On December 5th I met with an accident and had a left ankle fracture. On doctor consultant I was under cast for 6 weeks and the cast as been removed. Its been 5 days but still I feel the pain like hell while walking. If the bone has healed completely why would I feel the pain?
Sir, I am a twenty years old guy. Got injured my left knee in a bike accident 2 months ago. I am feeling much pain there till today also. Please suggest me proper medication.
We try for pregency. Scan main aya k egg ban huya hai. But mere ko pehle 8 march k peroid aye c but aab 6april ko aa gye aap period normal period k jashe nhi hai. Bleeding k color brown aa raha hai. Koi back pain nhi ho rhi. Please tell me mere sath je kya ho raha hai.
I am 28 year old software professional I am having sever knee pain, when I was in my bsc third year I was meet with an accident to my knee that time I consultant doctor but he told there is no problem from that time onwards I am facing pain frequently what can I do now.
My daughter 13 Years problem in both knee bend like genuvalgum last 3 Years progressive. Please help
Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a type of arthritis that affects the spine. This chronic disease is caused due to inflammation of the joints in the spine and usually affects young men. It causes the vertebrae to grow or fuse together, causing a rigid spine. Actually, it affects the discs in between the vertebral column. These discs get swollen, causing a limitation of spine motility. It is an autoimmune disorder and its symptoms are lower back pain and stiffness, which usually moves to the legs.
- The deformity due to AS can be mild or severe. In extreme cases, the patient gets a stooped spine.
- Early diagnosis can prevent significant deformity as well as help in controlling the pain and stiffness.
- Allopathy doesn’t really know the real reasons for this disease and here is where Ayurveda scores.
- According to Ayurveda, AS is caused due to aggravated vata or wind, which causes an imbalance in vata dosha.
Ayurvedic treatment starts with detoxification and elimination of toxins. It relies heavily on the right diet and lifestyle as well as Ayurvedic herbal preparations. The panchakarma techniques called kati vasti, sarvangadhara and patrapinda svedana are very beneficial too. The basic explanation for the disorder is that AS occurs due to an accumulation of ama or toxins in the body. Where ever ama deposits in the body, pain is caused. Ayurvedic treatments aim at digesting the ama by using herbs as medicine and balancing the aggravated vata.
- Herbs used in the treatment of AS are dry ginger (saunth), guggul, turmeric, fenugreek, ashwagandha and giloy. Gugul, curcumin, amlaki, haritaki, and ashwagandha are all very effective in treating AS.
- Avoid getting constipated and ensure proper evacuation of bowels.
- Include ghee in your diet for lubrication and for lowering the vata dosha.
- Apply heat on the affected areas to control the pain and stiffness.
- Eat light foods and strictly avoid oily foods and curd which increase ama.
- Avoid sleeping during the daytime.
- Yoga asanas like pawana muktasana, bhujangasana, dhanurasana, paschimottanasana and vakrasana should be practised regularly.
- The practice of pranayamas such as and shodhana, chandrabhedi sheethali and bhramari also helps.
- Chewing 2–3 raw garlic buds on an empty stomach in the morning with water helps in alleviating lumbar pain in AS.
- Use a powdered preparation of dried ginger root, celery seeds and cumin seeds in equal quantities with rock salt for taste, and have one teaspoon of this mixture with warm water at bedtime to reduce flatulence as well as lumbar stiffness.