Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
I am suffering from Parkinsons disease (Parkinsonism PSP) for the last six years. Initially I had some tremors in the right leg, which has spread to the right hand also. Consequently, my writing became smaller and today I am not able to write anything in length. My voice has also become slurry and since last October I have developed some imbalancing problem also. As a result I can fall backwards while standing. My MRIs are clear. Recently I had TRUDAT scan which says that ' There is an overall relative decrease in 99m Tc trodat uptake in bilateral striata : mild reduction in uptake in the right side and moderate on the left side.' Moreover, I have a tendency of walking on toes. There is hypomimia and altered speech as described above with Myerson's sign positive. May please advise as to how to prevent the falls. I am residing in Delhi.
Ayurvedic Perspective of Migraine and its management
Migraine is one of the worst headaches a person can experience. It is described as a throbbing or pulsating pain that can be on one side of the head. It can begin in a specific area and then spread while it builds in intensity. A migraine is associated with nausea and vomiting. The person will also be sensitive to light, sounds and even certain smells. Sleeping can be difficult and many people become depressed. They can last for a couple of hours or for several days.
Therapies Generally Used.
External treatments along with the internal preparations are very effective in chronic conditions. Panchakarma helps to remove the accumulated toxins and help to strengthen the nerve system. Involvement of other systemic disorders is also taken into account before deciding the treatment protocols.
1. Thala pothichil : Various kinds of paste (grinded mixture of selected herbs in suitable liquid media ) over the forehead / entire head help for the sudden relief from the ache. The preparations help to normalize the hyper action of the nerve cells and regulates the blood circulation towards the brain
2. Thalam : Special herbal powders suitable to reduce the Dosha vitiation, are selected and mixed with suitable liquid media(oils/ghee) and this medicated herbal paste is applied lukewarm over the crown of head (Anatomically over the Bregma point on skull). (Dur 25-45min).
3. Shiro abhyanga : Head Massaging with Oils suitable for the Dosha vitiation, helps to increase the blood circulation towards brain and also helps to relax the spastic muscles on head. Special care is taken to massage the Marmas or the Vital points on head which have marvelous results.
4. Nasya : Nasya (application of herbal preparations through nostrils) is one of the treatments which directly acts on the nerves and removes the toxins accumulated in the sinuses. Mucus lining inside the nostrils are one of the areas where numerous nerve endings are exposed. The medicated oils applied through Nasya directly acts on these nerve endings and help to pacify Vata Dosha in disturbed nerves and control the abnormal impulses gernerated by these nerves. The special preparations used for Nasya drains the mucus deposited in the sinuses thereby the pressure in this area is relieved. The medicinal contents of the oils administered, stimulate the higher centers of brain which have actions on regulation of endocrine, nervous system and circulatory functions.
5. Shiro dhara : Shiro dhara with Takram (medicated butter milk) is also another important therapy which is used to control the vitiated vata kapha doshas localized head.(Dur 25-75min) Other Panchakarma treatments like Vasti (a course of medicated oil and decoction enemas), Virechana (purgation) also helps to put the toxins out from the body.
After the Panchakarma therapies, special preparations called Rasayana (immunoregulatory) is administered. Rasayana preparations improve the immune system further improving the perception of sense organs. Migraine due to other systemic involvement like psychological problems, digestive problems, blood pressure, ophthalmic problems, immune problem, improper menstruation, etc will be relieved when treated according to the specific treatment told for these diseases.
I am asking for my Father. His age is 73 years History: Left side paralysis - June 2006. 10 Years back Regular medicine: Tab. Tozaar 25: 1-1 Tab. Atormac 10: 0-1 Tab. Antiplar plus: 0-1 Recently on 25th Oct 2016, he is diagnosed with 6th nerve palsy. His right eyeball can move upper, lower and left side but unable to turn on right side. Sometimes he is facing the problem of double vision. MRI reports shows normal. Doctor has prescribed below medicines Tab. Neutrogem 800: 1-1 Tab. Nueromin plus: 0-1 Tab. Elirab DSR: 0-1 Tab. Solubet: 1-0 Here I request you to 1) please check whether the treatment is going on right track? 2)Whether I need any investigation/ check up? 3) How many days required for recovery?
I'm 29 Yrs Male. Last 2 years I Have a big pain start in right side of Neck over the Head to the Right Eyebrow. Without any Pain Killer (Zandubam, Iodex etc) I can't get Relief from pain. Do something for this I didn't sleep well at night. The Pain is not of migraine as the Doctor told me because the pain starts when I'm in working or not eaten the food properly. Yesterday I was in a hard pain of it after 4-5 hours I get relief from it. I don't take pain killer tablets only taking rest of an hour it may helpful of it. Some says that I might have cervical.
Sir I am suffering from migraine pain about 2 years please tell me that how can I relive from this pain?
I am suffering migraine from childhood, Dr. said that it will automatically end with age but at the age of 20yo it is not relieved.
My grandma is 62 years old and her left side vein has become very thin. Doctor has suggested ngo past. Please tell me what to do now?
I want to ask about my cousin. He' s 8 years old. 2 weeks ago he was feeling unconscious and lazy, we took him to sir gangaram hospital, delhi. Their doctors said he might be suffering from meningitis and later they discovered that it was a blood clot. A fluid in the brain was getting collected beacause of which swelling was their in the brain. And for that they did a operation making a hole and taking out some quantity of fluid, and bone from the back, lower part was also cut for some reason. When this child was born he suffered from jaundice because of which his whole blood was changed and because of that he suffered from a problem of listening so a machine was fitted in the brain so that he could hear and speak. And now because of a machine is fitted in the brain, doctors can not do his MRI. He is on ventilator from the first day. There is movement of his right hand, leg and eyes(but don' t know if he is able to see or not) but no left side movement. Doctors are saying his left side is paralyzed. Yesterday another minor operation was done in which now the ventilators air is being given through trachea. If you want I can give you the reports before the operation and after the operation if you want Please tell us what to do
What is migraine? Whenever I feel headache that becomes irresistible and uncontrolled until I would take any painkiller specially combiflam. If I ignore it for some time, the feeling of nausea and vomiting added. Is it in a symptom of migraine?
Alzheimer's Disease is a neurological problem that is characterised by a cognitive decline and memory loss. It is a type of neurodegenerative dementia. The symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease include not being able to absorb and retain new information, lack of reasoning and judging, not being able to take on complex tasks, impaired visuospatial abilities, problems in reading, writing and speech, among many others. If a person has at least two of these symptoms in a debilitating manner, then the diagnosis can be made in favour of Alzheimer's Disease. The main causes of Alzheimer's are shrinkage of the brain size and death of the brain cells. The immune system is also said to trigger this neurodegenerative disease.
Let us find out what medical science has found so far:
- Connections: Many a times, in Alzheimer's disease, the memory and behaviour of the person changes because the brain is unable to make proper neural connections which can lead to memory loss of how a person behaved and the elements that formed the basis of the patient's cognition. Apparently, the immune system behaves in the same way within the brain and blocks the connection. This happens because there is constant communication between the brain and immune system along neurological lines, which is where the disease first emanates.
- Inflammation: The brain is prone to inflammation or swelling that is not the normal kind. This inflammation happens as a result of the activation of the infection fighting neurotransmitters and the chemical changes that happen in the brain when an infection strikes. The inflammation usually happens in the plaques or clumps which the brain tries to protect. These clumps are made up of a protein called Amyloid. The immune system is responsible for creating this inflammation in the brain of the patient.
- Pattern Recognition Receptors: Many of these receptors work in different manners and cooperate with each other to create a response in the brain. These PRRs can be found in the brain plaques, and they develop the signs of danger which further fuels the inflammation in the brain as a matter of protection.
- Activation of Cells Linked with the Immune System: When the PRRs begin to respond, it basically activates the immune system and the cells of the same. This is the basic reaction that causes the changes in brain which then leads to the attachment of the protein to the tissue that is diseased, in which case Alzheimer's Disease starts. The inflammation that we had spoken about earlier basically happens in the nervous tissue.
It is important to recognise and act on the initial signs of Alzheimer's Disease before it progresses beyond one's control.
Special care and strategic treatment are necessary for a woman with epilepsy with respect to control of epileptic seizures the effects of sex hormones on the seizures, short and long term effects of Anti-Epileptic Drugs during pregnancy as well as on the quality of life.