Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. SaradhaYour feedback matters!
My left heel is paining only in the morning after getting up in the morning for few steps even during the day if slept for 2 hour again same problem.
My mother is house wife, she has pain in joints of hand and legs. We consult to many doctors but still problem is as it is, some doctor told me that she suffer from rhaemotology. Is this problem resolvable or not.
After a long gap I started playing football. After playing for 3 days suddenly my right lower back started paining. Since then it has been 3 days but the pain is there and I haven't been able to support myself properly on the right leg. Please suggest me some remedies or exercises. Thank you.
I have shoulder dislocation problem. What should I do to recover it so I can continue my gym and regular exercise.
She is facing knee pain since 2 years in right side. She is hypothyroid patient and by taking medication it subsides and remain for 3 days and then again pain starts. Prescribe a medication for this.
I hava pain in my backbone suddenly at anytime and also a cyneous problem. I have a problem of dry cough also.
I am 45 years old what should I do to keep myself fit like not getting problem of knee at later stage. What test I should go for as I am a daily drinker.
I am 22 years old and from past 2 months i'm feeling pain in back. I believe it started because of mattresses. The bed was broken down a bit in the middle so the mattress kinda bend a bit in middle. After one week, I started feeling pain. I stopped using that bed, but the pain remains. Someone told me to sleep on floor and I did that too. But no relaxation. Pain only happens when I sleep, nothing happens in morning or day time. Could it be because of mattresses? what should I do?
I'm 26 year old male. Now I backpain problem. I consultant a doctor. He tol d it is LL pain. What is the better treatment for this?
I have pain from my hip joint to foot. I can't sleep at night. Pain starts anytime. I am 48 years old female. Please help me.
I am 28 years old female, having discharge white milky with bad smell irregularly with backache since last months. I am suffering lot of embarrassment and could not disclosed. Such discharge continue pressed me to use sanitary pads all the days. Please suggest the treatment and problems.
I have pain in left leg in bottom of my foot after the mid part. I am not able to walk in the morning with bare foot. It is paining hard and pressing that place gives pain, I feel like my left leg is smaller when compared to right leg, please let me know what steps I need take or I have any medicine or therapy to cure, I having this problem for past 6 months.
My mother aged 65 years suffering from joint pain from last fee years. Now she can't move here and there comfortably because of constent knee pain. What should I do.
Literally translated into two words – arthro (joint) and scopy (to look), arthroscopy refers to a process used to look into a joint. The doctor uses an instrument known as arthroscope which is used to examine a joint in greater detail. What was initially used mainly in diagnosis has gradually grown to include use of instruments through the arthrocope, thereby allowing for some surgical treatments to be done as well.
- Diagnosis of joint problems like cartilage tears
- Repairing joint problems
- Remove foreign bodies in a joint
- Track response to treatments
- Identify disease progression
- Used during an open surgery to:
- Remove fragments or spurs of tissues
- Shave off sharp edges
- Collect fluid or tissue samples
- Remove swollen tissues
- Take biopsy
- Extract swollen joint fragments
- Remove deposits of calcium or other minerals
- Usually done as an outpatient procedure
- The procedure in terms of what to expect will be explained to the patient
- A sedative is given and the area to be studied is usually shaven and topical antiseptic is applied
- Vital signs are monitored
- Regional or local anethesia is generally used, where only the joint to be studied is injecte with a local anesthetic.
- In cases where the patient is undergoing an open surgery, general anesthesia would be given.
- The patient’s position would depend on the joint being studied, usually, is made to lie on the back.
- A tourniquet is used to restrict blood flow to the particular joint
- A small incision is made in the joint space and the instrument is introduced into the joint space. There is a constant slow flow of saline or another irrigant (to which chlorhexidine might be added) to improve visibility and to remove debris and control infection
- Other joint tools are used as required during the procedure either to cut off small fragments of tissue or to remove debris or foreign body.
- Once all procedures are done, the joint is thoroughly flushed to clear off any debris.
- It is closed with stitches after final inspection
- During recovery, crutches or splints may be used depending on the patient’s overall condition
- Duration of the procedure depends on what actually was done. An inspection could last about 20 minutes while a procedure could take a couple of hours.
After the procedure: