Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saradha
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. SaradhaYour feedback matters!
From last 3month having acute back pain doctor suggested for a ap, lat xray image of d-l spine and found L3-L4 erosion and checked serum PSA-151, acid phosphatase 260 creatinine-9.97, normal BP, sugar level normal, usg abdomen mentions that prostatomegaly and biopsy result is adenocarcinoma of prostrate with PNI and gleason score of 7 (3+4, suggested for orchiectomy but with the help of nuclear medicine they diagnosed that multiple myeloma. Rightnow I am having chest infection, cough, fever, body pain, shall I confirm it as a c/o multiple myeloma? What are the proper diagnostic to confirm it? If it is multiple myeloma what will be the better treatment for it?
Hi, I have to sit on chair for more than 9 hours a day & I am suffering from severe back pain. What is the solution for the same? thank you.
I have spondylitis on my lower back for 10 years, I do exercise, now suddenly I have developed heel pain on left leg, I apply ice pack, I have started wearing flat heel shoes. How to get rid of this problem?
Sir I am 21 year ol male and I am suffering from knee problem form last 2 month wht should do I now.
Gridhrasi is what Sciatica is known as in Ayurveda. It is the disorder that causes mild to agonizing pain in the sciatic nerve or neuralgia. These nerves, emerging from the pelvis, run along the hamstring and may cause intense pain in one or both the legs when a person suffers from Sciatica. Sciatic pains fill your life with misery as the simplest of daily activities cause sudden and excruciating pain. There are two types of sciatica i.e. true sciatica and pseudo sciatica. Sciatica may be caused due to bulging disc or herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, piriformis syndrome, pregnancy or trauma etc.
According to Ayurveda, Sciatica is caused due to impairment in Vata i.e. the dosha responsible for the functional ability and movement of the body and also in some cases due to impairment in the Kapha i.e. the dosha that is responsible for body fluids and lubrication.
Ayurvedic herbs that improve the symptoms of Sciatica are:
- Babunah is also known as Bitter Chamomile. Not only is it used to relieve and reduce the pain faced by a sciatica patient, but it is also used for treating problems such as rheumatism due to the advancement of age. Compressed bitter chamomile flowers are prescribed for sciatica.
- Guggul is also known as Indian Bdellium. Since guggulu is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it relaxes the sciatic nerves.
- Rasna is also known as Vanda Orchid. Intense or agonizing pain due to the sciatic nerve issues can be reduced by this ayurvedic herb due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Juniper oil is extremely helpful when massaged onto the thigh muscles with firm strokes or pressure. It is used extensively in massage therapy for treating sciatica since the extent of reduction in sciatic nerve pain is tremendous.
- Jaiphal is also known as Nutmeg. After being mixed with sesame seeds oil, nutmeg is coarsely powdered and then fried till it turns brown. This is then applied to those areas where the sciatic pain is intense for instant relief.
- Kumari is also known as Indian Aloe. Properties of Indian Aloe are extremely helpful in treating lower back ailments such as sciatica and lumbago.
- Shallaki is also known as Boswellia or Frankincense. Containing anti-inflammatory properties, shallaki is applied externally to get relief from sciatic nerve pain.
Ayurvedic preparations such as yogaraja guggulu, Vataganjakusha, Saindhavadi taila are also very useful in treating Sciatica. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Are you suffering from joint pain which is causing a lot of distress in undertaking your daily activities? Homeopathy is an effective treatment measure for joint paints which is completely natural and does not involve side effects of any kind. Joint pain is experienced after one of your joints get damaged, and may also result in joint inflammation. The most common causes of joint pain include medical conditions like osteoarthritis, gout, general injuries, sprains, and rheumatoid arthritis. There are several types of homoeopathic medicines that are used for treating joint pain. Here is a list of the best homoeopathic medicines used, along with the symptoms experienced based on which they are prescribed:
Sanguinaria Can and Ferrum Met
- Sanguinaria Can is used for treating joint pains which occur in the shoulder. This medicine is usually used for treating joint pains on the right-hand side of your shoulder. The right shoulder is likely to feel stiff with pain that worsens with movement. The pain is indicated to worsen during night time.
- Ferrum Met, on the other hand, is used for curing left sided shoulder pain. Stiffness and cracking are experienced by a patient in his left shoulder, along with intense pain. The pain is subjected to increase on raising your arms.
- This is a very effective medicine that is used for treating joint pain.
- It helps in the management of both acute and chronic joint pains.
- It is prescribed when marked stiffness and extreme pain are experienced in the joints.
- It is effective in treating joint pains of all forms such as rheumatoid reasons, and joint pain from overexertion. It is common for the pain to worsen when you are immobile and it improves with mobility.
Bryonia and Ruta
- These homoeopathic medicines are used in case of joint pain which occur on the elbows.
- Bryonia is prescribed when the joint pain worsens even when there is no movement. It helps in providing ideal relief. Stiffness and swelling of the elbow joint are also indicated.
- On the other hand, Ruta is used for treating joint pains in the elbow when the pain is situated near your condyles. In such cases, raising and stretching of arms cause the pain to worsen. This medicine is also effective in the case of sore and inflamed tendons near your elbow joint that result in pain.
It is important for you to consult an experienced homeopathic practitioner before starting homoeopathic treatment for joint pains on your own. A doctor will be able to diagnose your condition the best and provide you with the most effective homoeopathic remedies.