Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saradha
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SaradhaYour feedback matters!
Male 23, I had pimples for few year but now they're gone. But they leave a small very small dark patches over a very small area on my cheek. Its very small and one may have to look for it for correct visual. Can you tell me what kind of skin cream should I use to get completely patch free skin? nomarks or betnovate-n or betnovate-c any other effective cream? kindly give helpful cream name please thanks.
I have pimples on my back a lot. Not much pain but these increase in size and numbers. It have been almost 2 years. Some times they disappeared. I consulted a doctor 20 months ago. I could not get great results. Which treatment will help me, allopathy or homeopathy.
I am 24 year old. I am suffering from urticaria. Last 1 year. I taken lot of medicine like allopathic, ayurvedic and last one month I am taking homeopathic but there is no effects shown in my body. Pls suggest me what I should avoid or what I should have to eat.
Im having acne on my scalp since years. I have changed several shampoos but in vain so I try to keep my hair short. This issue goes away in winters but reappear again in summer (march onwards) even oiling my scalp with menthol based serum is not helping. Do you have any home remedy or diet recommendation.
I have pimple skin amd also I have a lot of dark black spots so please can someone suggest a useful and easy available face cream for good results to remove darkspots please plz I really need help as I have suffering from this for years.
I feel weakness after waking up in the morning & sometimes while sitting in a place for more than an hrs I took vitamin tablets also but it won't work even my hairs have started greying & my eyesight got reduced with -1.5 no in both the eyes for longdistance & now I am getting ulcer in my mouth once in every week please suggest me any better thing to reduce my all problems.
Lybrate | Dr. Suchibrata Das speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Do you know the sun is making your skin age faster? plus, 5 other reasons behind facial wrinkles
Facial wrinkling occurs when the skin develops creases, folds and ridges. The formation of wrinkles is a normal part of the process of skin ageing. However, certain factors may accelerate the process and lead to premature wrinkling of the face and other parts of the body.
The main causes of facial wrinkling are:
1. Skin ageing: as a person gets older, his/her skin becomes less taut and begins to sag. The production of natural oils and fat in the deeper layers of the skin gets reduced with age, which leads to the formation of wrinkles due to diminished skin elasticity.
2. Sun exposure: constant exposure of skin to the sun causes damage and speeds up the ageing process. The harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun break down collagen and collective tissue fibres, which is the primary cause of premature wrinkling.
3. Skin complexion: due to the absence of melanin, people with fairer (lighter) skin, experience more damage due to sun exposure. This causes them to develop wrinkles much earlier.
4. Facial muscle contraction: repeatedly making the same facial expressions and contraction of face muscles causes wrinkling. Those who constantly frown, smile or squint get facial wrinkles as it leads to reduced skin elasticity.
5. Smoking: smokers are more susceptible to premature wrinkling. This is due to the presence of nicotine, tar and other chemicals from the smoke in the bloodstream, which hamper the supply of blood and oxygen to the outer layers of skin.
6. Genetic factors: many people get facial wrinkling as a result of hereditary causes and family genetics.
However, the good news is that facial wrinkling can be prevented through these simple ways:
- Sun protection: This is the most effective way of avoiding wrinkles. Keep yourself protected against sun exposure by staying out of the sun as much as possible and wearing sunscreen at all times.
- Quitting the smoke: Kicking the habit will show a marked improvement in your skin quality and would help prevent further wrinkling.
- Use of moisturisers: Dry skin is more prone to wrinkling. Keeping your skin supple and moisturised prevents wrinkles.
- Leading a healthy lifestyle: The combination of following a nutritious diet, drinking plenty of water, getting enough sleep and regularly exercising keeps the skin young and wrinkle-free.
There are several options to improve wrinkles by procedures which include botox, fillers, prp and lasers for skin tightening. The most suitable option can be chosen depending upon the severity and type of wrinkling.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!