Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SaradhaYour feedback matters!
While a thick layer of hair on your head is a much sought after feature for men and women, body hair may often become a source of embarrassment. While women have been known for ages to remove hair off themselves for a smoother and more appealing look, men have also come to the fore in the recent years. Man-scaping is fast becoming as essential part of men’s grooming.:
Options for unwanted hair removal
While a razor is man’s best friend in most regards, it cannot simply be used to take care of hair in many hard to reach places. It is also extremely temporary and the resulting stubble in a few days will cause an itch, which can be very embarrassing as well as uncomfortable. Let’s looks at some of the possibilities for hair removal for men:
- Waxing: Using hot waxes or waxing creams with paper is a quick way to remove body hair. However it can be painful and you will have to go for repeat sessions frequently.
- Epilating creams: These creams are very convenient and painless and a fairly quick way to get rid of unwanted body hair. However, strong chemicals in these products may cause damage to your skin.
- Electrolysis: In this method a machine with tiny electrodes are used to zap the roots of the unwanted hair follicles which causes them to fall off and discourage them from growing back. Although this is a permanent way of removing hair, some follicles may still remain and grow back.
- Laser hair removal: This method is the most popular method of permanent hair removal and offers the most balanced benefits with the best results for the cost involved. This had been a very popular form of hair removal among women for quite some time, but it is also becoming very popular among men.
Facts about laser hair removal
1. How does laser hair removal work?
Laser hair removal works with the help of a laser emitting high intensity infra red light from a diode. This is focused on individual hair follicles which are then damaged, thus resulting in the hair being removed permanently without any damage to your skin. This is a very safe and effective procedure which has the longest lasting results and is suited for all types of skin.
2. Cost comparison
Although laser treatments may seem more expensive than some of the other ones, you will have smooth, hairless skin in just a few sittings permanently. Thus in the long run, the cost effectiveness of laser hair removal is multiple times higher s compared to other methods. Waxing or epilating creams over the period of few years will end up costing you much more than a few sittings of laser hair removal that will give you a permanent solution with smooth skin.
I get hives on face time and again and they do not go away permanently. Tried using episode momate dazit and papulex and skin improved for 4 months but now back to same thing.
My brother is 22 years old. He stays in hostel. Doing his engineering. The water there consist of iron. Severe hairfall is resulted. What should he do to stop it.
I am suffering from a severe hairfall can you help me by natural way as plzz support I would be thankful.
I am a guy with long hairs (till my shoulders) some times my head gets itchy. What should i do, sometimes Selsun shampoo helps and sometimes not. When i use tenovate-M with water on my head, it helps a lot but its difficult to apply. As soon as i stop using it, itching starts again after some days. What is the problem ? And can i have a shampoo that can help and has something like tenovate-M in it.
Lybrate | Dr. K Jagroop Singh speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY