Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. SanthoshYour feedback matters!
My friend had an accident some years ago. Somehow she felt that she is nt able to stand up. She went fr the treatment. After MRI and XRay. All the reports found to be normal. Bt she still have the pain from the tail bone to the neck regularly. sometimes the pain aggravate so much so that she is nt able to walk properly. Through the reports problem is still nt identified. Wat could be the problem or issue. As there is regular pain to her because of this. please reply.
Am 30 year old. Am suffering from back pain from last 2 months, what should I can do solve this problem.
I have back pain before few days I take lots of medical but pain didn't gone what can I do for release the pain.
I am 26 years old male and having pain in my legs from last 10 days consult to various peoples and tried many things but nothing can takes place. This sudden pain started when I was slippingand nothing happens in my legs before that provide me something for this.
Having herpes Zoster for last 18 days. Antiviral medicine taken for 01 week. Now there is severe pain in left arm to shoulder. Taking Ultracet SOS and tryptomer 20 mg at night. Pls advice duration of this pain and advice other effective medicine to recover from pain and herpes Zoster.
From last few days I feel pain on my left knee. I tried some pain Keller but the pain same as before. Please help me.
I am 30 yes old boy my question is during fast running I have so many pain in my leg above ankles. Kindly advise me.
I'm suffering from back pain before one year I'm 27 years old. How I recover my back pain please suggest.
I am a housewife and I am keen to do everyday work in my house for the past 20 years. Now am experiencing my knee joints pain. It pains alot. Please help.
She is having shoulder pain from past 2 years we have consult doctors, they have advice to do physiotherapy but of not help. Recently we started injections for it, she was feeling gud but now again its troubling a lot coz of pain. Please advice.
My father is of age 58 and he has the problem knee pain. As doctor said that the gap between the knee bones has been reduced due to which he has a severe knee pain. So please tell me best remedy or solution for my fathers problem.
I am 45 years old, now from many months, I am much feeling weakness specally in evening after closing my duty timings, at when I in the way and to going my place. And also I feel back pain after complete daily work in the night as made cook and I feel much pain in back.
Am doings harx ware job in bangalore city, so my hair follow fully damaged and legs pains more please give me your answer.
Hi I am 41 years old and having a bit of back ache and weight is around 100kg and my height is 5ft 10 inch. Want to reduce wgt and need some freshness in life. I have bp as well.
I am having headaches and feel pain at vertigo. The headaches give lot of pain and it keeps coming back. What to do?
The Lumbar Roll
- As few seats of chairs provide adequate support for the lower back, a portable lumbar roll is essential equipment for people with ongoing back problems. When sitting on a seat with a backrest(supported sitting), a lumbar roll will facilitate the maintenance of a correct lordosis and posture.A lumbar roll is a support specially designed for the low back.
- Without this support,the low back will slouch when ever you are distracted or cease to concentrate on anything other than holding the lordosis actively with your own muscles-for example, when talking, reading, writing, watching television or driving your car. To counteract this slouching you must place a lumbar roll in the small of your back at the level of your belt line whenever you sit in an easy chair ,car or office chair.
- The lumbar roll should be no more than 4 to 5 inches in diameter before being compressed and should be moderately filled with foam so that under compression its diameter reduces to about 1.5 inches. A cushion does not serve the same purpose as it has the wrong shape and does not provide adequate pressure at the precise level of the low back. A regular cushion should not be relied upon for long-term... use but may be of some assistance in an emergency.
- The aim is first to restore the correct posture and then to maintain it. It may take up to a week of practice to master this fully. As a rule, pain of postural origin will decrease as your sitting posture improves, and you will have no pain once you maintain the correct posture. The pain will readily recur in the first few weeks should you allow yourself to slouch while sitting.
- Eventually you will remain completely pain free even when you forget your posture; however, never again should you allow yourself to sit slouched for long periods.When first starting these procedures to correct your sitting posture, you will experience some new pains. These are different from your original pain and may be felt in other places.
- New pains are the result of performing new exercises and maintaining new positions; they should be expected and will wear off in a few days,provided postural correction is continued on a regular basis. Once you have become used to sitting correctly you will enjoy it and will soon notice the reduction or absence of pain and the improved comfort. From then on you will automatically choose chairs that allow you to sit correctly.
- Regular Interruption of Prolonged Sitting
Travelling for long distances by bus, car or airplane, especially when sitting in a cramped seat and without regular breaks which permit you to restore the lordosis, may cause a gradual and progressive attack of low back pain or may aggravate existing problems. Nearly everyone will be aware of some stiffness or discomfort in the low back after an uninterrupted car ride of a few hours. If you already have back problems, such a journey may be a risk situation for you. If you are the driver yourself, the risk is even greater.In order to minimise the risks of prolonged sitting, it is necessary that you interrupt sitting at regular intervals and before pain starts.For example, when undertaking long car journeys, you should stop the car every hour, get out and bend backward five or six times and walk about for a few minutes. This will reduce the pressure within the discs and relieve the stresses on the surrounding tissues. As airlines continue to provide seating calculated to damage the human spine, you should, when flying long distances, regularly stand and walk up and down the aisle of the plane. This is not only important for the sake of your back but is also necessary to assist in the stimulation of the circulation in the legs. These are simple measures you can take that will significantly reduce the risk of another episode of back pain.