Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Santhosh Kumar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Santhosh KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old man and have backache for months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but have not got any relief. What should I do now?
Sir mai bahot lazy feel krta hu hmesa Thoda v chlne pr tired ho jata hu your both legs pain krne lgte hai. Body v pain krte rhta hai Aisa kyo hota sir. I will highly obliged to you by receiving our answer.
I have too much a back pain and I don't know how to handle it by the by Iam a student? please give me a suggestions.
I am 42 years old. I had developed osteophytes in my right knee. It pains and is causing stiffness in this knee. I cannot fold it and hence cannot do any such exercise also. Please help.
Hi I started skipping today but ended with knee and leg pains how can I overcome it, and what are the precautions should I take before and after. How skipping will hlp me in loosing weight?
I am 21years old and I'm suffering from foot pain from one month, before I use to walk around 6km a day now I am using some ointments but no use now what is my next step.
Chronic back pain is one of the common problems faced by people of all ages. This leads to disability to move. Fortunately, there are a wide variety of options to treat this condition.
Chronic back pain can happen due to ligament strain or muscle pull due to heavy lifting. Bulging of the disk can also result in chronic pain. Apart from this, there are other reasons such as skeletal irregularities, osteoporosis, arthritis etc.
Depending on the level of pain, a doctor might suggest one of the many treatment options available. Chronic pain can be managed with home treatment as well. It is advisable to continue with the daily activities such as walking, running etc. If the pain persists, a doctor might suggest one of the following methods:
- Over the counter medicine: For chronic pain, a doctor might suggest over the counter medicine such as naproxen sodium, ibuprofen, etc. However, over usage of these medicines has devastating side effects.
- Narcotics: Drugs such as hydrocodone and codeine can be used under the supervision of a doctor to get relief from back pain.
- Tropical relievers: These are creams or ointments that can give instant relief from chronic pain.
- Antidepressants: It has been identified by many medical practitioners that usage of certain anti-depressants can relieve a person from chronic back pain.
- Injections: If all else fails, as the last avenue, a medical practitioner can inject cortisone around the spinal cord area to cut down nerve root inflammation. The effect, however, lasts less than a month.
Therapy and exercise:
Therapy is one of the best ways to counter chronic back pain. Based on the pain frequency and bearing capacity of the patient, a physiotherapist can try various treatment varieties such as ultrasound, heat, techniques related to muscles release, electrical simulation etc. A combination of these treatments can reduce chronic pain. As part of the process, the next step is that a physiotherapist ensures is to strengthen the abdominal muscle with various exercises. The latter also ensures that the pain doesn’t come back.
There are many alternative medicine options which are known to be extremely helpful for chronic pain management. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Chiropractic care: This form of alternative medicine manipulates the spine to reduce the pain and give relief for the long term.
- Massage: Massage might help in those cases where the trigger of the pain is due to over work.
- Acupuncture: An acupuncture specialist injects sterilized steel inside the skin at nodal points. Many patients have reported that few sittings with a specialist have improved the chronic pain.
- Yoga: It is a form of exercise that is a combination of breathing technique and posture maintenance that can greatly help in chronic pain management.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!