Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Santhosh KumarYour feedback matters!
I have a throat problem (something block in my right side of my throat and sometime my thigh gets pain. What's the problem sir?
Im 28 years and im having back problem after having my job at a call center. I have to work regularly from 9 am to 5 pm. Is it due to the sitting arrangement in call center or do I have any other problems. Any help would be appreciable.
A girl aged 29 years having problem with white vaginal discharges since last two years, presently she feel a considerable weakness and discomfort and backache. I need your support and guideline to get treatment.
I am 20years old man. And I am suffering from backbone pain. I could not travel not more than 1 hrs. What should I do.
I am male 32 yrs. From past one week I am having neck and shoulder back pain. I have consulted general physician but no result. Now taking physiotherapy frm past 3 days. But seems less relief. Can you advice should I continue physiotherapy or consult doctor.
I am 28 years old I had backbone pain in past ten days. This comes every six months once. I am a marketing guy please help me.
My right leg pains alot, starting from my right bum down to my thighs and sometimes till my ankle. Is it sciatica?
I am 24 years old and male. Around 3-4 months back my RaFactor test came out to be positive. Then I got the antiCCP Test done which came out to be negative. So acc. To the doctor everything was fine. From the past few weeks again I am starting to feel the joint pain in neck, underarm, arms, wrist, lower back, chest, knees, ankle and foot. Along with the joints there is frequent headache. There is also sometimes pain in the non joint areas like arm, shin etc. The pain is in the form of a electric current or a sudden burning sensation. There is also quiet a huge pain in the chest muscles near the heart. Recently I joined a gym but because of these pains I am not able to exercise well. I forgot to mention I also feel these burning sections in both my ears and eyes. Do let me know what to do now. Whom to consult? Any specialist? What are the possibilities behind these pains. BTW I have vitamin D deficiency in my body (around 5ng/ml blood). In anticipation of a reply. Thanks.
Neck pain is fairly common among adults. It results from the soft tissues such as ligaments, muscles and tendons. It can result from spasms and muscle strain from neck problems such as disc degeneration and spinal stenosis. Be it a chronic pain or a sudden one, addressing it is important to get on with the daily office life.
Here is a list of some quick solutions, which when followed can give considerable relief from the pain:
- Computer should be at eye level: While sitting at it you must ensure that the middle of the computer screen is parallel to the eye. If it is required that you bend your neck to view the screen, then you should adjust the screen, without bending your neck. This happens most often while working with a laptop. The chair length can be adjusted to fix this problem.
- Refrain from neck straining while typing: If typing requires straining the neck, it should be ensured that the same doesn’t happen. This is the case while texting in a mobile. A better solution is to fix this is to take the mobile at a level which does not require the neck bend down. It will ensure that the joints and discs of the neck are not stressed.
- Use headset: If the work demands longer time on the phone, instead of bending the neck it makes sense to use a headset. Practicing the chin tuck exercise can help in this case. This exercise can strengthen the soft muscles of the neck. It also maintains the alignment of the head and the shoulder.
- Stay hydrated: Enough hydration is necessary to ensure spinal alignment and disc height. Hydration also takes a eases the spine and relaxes the soft muscles. A practice of adequate hydration throughout the day can help stop the degeneration of the cervical disc. While drinking water is a matter of practice, keeping a water bottle serves as a constant reminder to drink it throughout the day. Keeping an alarm after 2 hours also serves as a constant reminder to drink water.
- Carrying weight: One common mistake committed by most people is to carry weight with one hand. Since the load doesn’t distribute evenly, it strains the neck muscles causing pain. It should be ensured that the office briefcase or the heavy purse is carried with equal stress on both the shoulders. This will ensure a painless day at the office.
- Maintaining a good posture: Poor sitting or walking posture is often the cause of neck pain. While sitting it should be ensured that the back is straight and rests in the chair once in awhile. The neck and head should fall in a line while working. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.