Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Santhosh Jeyaraj
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Santhosh JeyarajYour feedback matters!
I am 62 years male recently on 27 Aug 2015 checked HbA1c it is 6.6% do you want me to take some medicine or some precautions will work out. I prefer to to take homeopathy medicine. Pl advise.
I am 49 m. Thyroid + cholesterol. Dr. Advised for 37.5 mg thyronorm + 20 mg atrovastatin daily. I wanted to have some ayurvedic medicine. Please advise.
Hi, I am a diabetic and take medicine prescribed by a dietician recently I have a sticky saliva sticky lips can you suggest cause for this.
My wife diabetic patient, she is taking tablet regularly eventhough her sugar level 335 after food why?
Sir my mother is suffering from hyperthyroid. She is taking medicine from last 5-6 months but she doesn't getting any relief. So please tell how she get relief from thyroid. Which type of precautions we will do for caring her. And consult any doctor in lucknow region. Thank you.
My mother has frequent loose motion problem. She face this approx every month and once she take medicines then it gets resolved. She has thyroid and diabetes. Please suggest what can be issue and any suitable testing which can be useful for further check.
I am 33yr old. Since last 2 years I am suffering from diabities. I am taking ayurved treatment. My fasting is about 135 and pp is about 180. What shall I do ?
Diabetes is a chronic condition where the glucose level of the body rises too high. There are two types of diabetes - type 1 and type 2. In case of type 1 diabetes, the body fails to produce insulin and people suffering from this condition have to depend on insulin injections for the rest of their life. In case of type 2 diabetes the body produces less amount of insulin, which is not enough for the proper functioning of the body.
This type of diabetes can be kept under control by following a healthy diet and practicing exercise regularly.
Why diabetic wounds can cause severe problems:
Diabetes can cause a number of complications that makes it harder for certain wounds to heal. These include:
- Nerve Damage: Until a cut or blister worsens and becomes inflamed, in case of neuropathy, you will not experience the pain. Diabetics often suffer from neuropathy, making it difficult for wounds to heal.
- Weak immune system: A minor wound may even get severe and become infected if your immune system fails to exercise its natural defenses.
- Narrow arteries: Blocked arteries may cause severe wounds which becomes difficult to heal. Clogged arteries make it difficult for the blood to flow to the affected area which slows the process of wound healing.
Treating a diabetic wound:
In order to ensure that the diabetic wound does not get infected, below mentioned methods can be used:
- Take care of the wound immediately. If the wound is not cleaned and taken care of immediately, it can lead to bacteria build-up, which will lead to infection.
- Avoid using soaps and hydrogen peroxide to irritate the injury. Use antibiotic lotions to prevent infection and a sterile bandage to keep the affected area covered.
- Consult your doctor before any minor problem turns big.
- Since the bottom of the foot is a common place for developing blisters and calluses in case of diabetic people, try to keep pressure off the wound as it slowly healing.