Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
I get cold very easily as weather changes and there is continues flow from nose. Is this symptoms of allergy?
Sir I feel dizziness and some sounds inside my head it always ringing in my ear and my heartbeat is also raising high. What should I do.
Hlo, I 31 years old, my height is 173 cms and weight is 72 kgs, I am physically fit and no medical history, I do regular exercise when I got d time, and married last year, I am suffering from premature ejaculation since four yrs, I made physical relationship before my marriage, last year I gone a qualified sexologist, and he treated me around eight months, during dat period there is no issue premature ejaculation. But when I stopped to take medicine, my situation is as usual, and Dr. Told me that you have to be continue with these medicine. My problem is no morning erection, and no longer erection, when I go for intercourse hardly I stay 40 seconds, I feel that my penis nerve are very week never feel tight Ness on that area. Sometimes when I get night fall it continue up to 2 to 3 night regular, and once or twice night fall is very normal for me. I am a regular member n read all the sex related column, garlic wid honey kegel exercises and all methods that told by Dr. I followed, but not get much improvement, I am very stressed n worried about my married life. Please suggest me some medicine so that I can feel improvement n I can approach to that Dr. Homeopathy is my first choice. Because except this I used almost all type of medicine. I am not smoker n no drinker.
Mere ghar k pas se train nikalti h aur thodi hi door pr airport h .jiske loud sound k karan rat ko ekdum se meri neend khul jati h me ek student hu thik se na so pane k karan meri study disturb hoti h so pls koi yesi dawa bataye jise khane k bad me is tarah se so jau k kisi v loud shor k karan meri neend na toote pls sir help me.
A week back I had gone to barber shop where I got 2 big cuts where the barber put alum in it ,after a week I am getting vomiting at nights and was diagnosed with gerd in 2013, was this a risk for infection and what to be done further.
I am suffering from jaundice. how it will be cure and what precautions should I take for future prospect. And give detail about the treatment.
My age is 44 years old and suffering from gastric problem. Alternative pain in stomach and getting some time blood from my mouth in the morning. I am taking cipla tz table and cobadex table frequently when were problem started. Kindly suggest what is simtums and give me remedy.
Hi doc. My son is 3 years old. Always telling mom sputum in my throat. N always tries to swallow it. So much problem that he is nt able to sleep at night. No cough. please suggest Urgent.
I am not getting sleep early if I sleep at late nights it is hard for me to awake! and hard at back head.
I'm 33 years woman experiencing continuous pain on mid left side of my chest which is radiating at my back as well as on my left hand neck a sight numbness on last two fingers moving upwards in the elbow area.
Hi Doctor, I am getting frequent sneezing. I have no cold. But still. Yes I have some allergy from dust but now a days sneezing is happening very frequently. Please suggest any cure.
I am 47yrs. Old, recently before 3months I have gone through angioplasty, my question is that how it will take for complete recovery I mean running, swimming playing games cycling etc. And how long I have to take the medicines. One more important question I'm having erectile dysfunction problem, before it was due to high blood pressure which was above 250, but now the blood pressure is 120/80 than also am not having erection and losing interest in sex, please help, will be very grateful. Right now I'm in muscat but after two days I will be in India permanently.
Persistence of pain even after full healing of an affected area after injury or ailment is known as chronic pain. Chronic pain can also occur due to an undiagnosed underlying condition within the body. Any form of pain which lasts for more than 6 months can be categorized as chronic pain. Chronic pain might be continuous or episodic, excruciating or mild, totally incapacitating or merely inconvenient.
Symptoms of Chronic Pain include:
1. Light to severe pain that keeps occurring from time to time and cannot be relieved easily.
2. Occurrence of pain that can be described as burning, shooting, aching or even, electrical.
3. Constant feelings of discomfort. This includes stiffness, tightness or soreness in the affected area.
Chronic pain usually does not occur alone and is often accompanied by other problems such as:
1. Lack of sleep
3. Weakened Immune System
5. Mood Swings that include depression, fear, hopelessness, anxiety, stress, irritability, etc.
Reasons behind it
There are a number of different factors that can cause chronic pain. Some of them are:
- Aging: Common conditions associated with normal aging can have an effect on joints and bones, giving rise to chronic pain.
- Incorrect treatment and improper healing: Bad diagnosis or incorrect medications or procedures may cause improper healing of injuries as well as damage to nerves leading to chronic pain.
- Underlying disorders or diseases: Diseases are also capable of causing chronic pain. Conditions like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia are some well-known diseases that cause chronic pain. However, persistent and chronic pain might occur due to sicknesses like multiple sclerosis, cancer, AIDS, stomach ulcers as well as gallbladder disease.
In most of the cases, the reasons behind chronic pain can be rather complex. Sometimes, even though the chronic pain begins with an illness or an injury, the ongoing pain is capable of developing into a psychological aspect even after the physical issues have been healed, thus making treatment tricky.
Chronic pain is usually managed using a combination of physical therapy, medications and exercises, which helps in reducing the pain. Examples of pain relieving medications include ibuprofen and aspirin. Day-to-day activities can be performed only if this pain is adequately controlled. Additional techniques include:
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA): The target of this technique to address the nerves that are responsible for sending pain signals to the brain. This is achieved by placing the heated tip of a needle in a region which is extremely close to the nerve. The heat renders the nerve incapable of sending the pain signal.
- Pain Shots: This is used to deliver medications to the exact site of the pain. Nerve blockers are also used to block signals from reaching the brain.
- Alternative approach: These include acupuncture, massages and yoga along with other treatments from alternative medicine.