Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SanthakumariYour feedback matters!
I married 2 months back. After having sex my wife feeling more pain in vagina after one day or 2 days of sex. She's feeling not to have sex. Please suggest something. During starting days she not suffer that and once she observed light bleeding and more pain also.
I am 50 yrs old. In Sept. 2014 due to urinal infection, I an unable to pass urine. I met doctor and suggested for Ultrasound. It was found my prostate was bigger in size. I started Medicine EFLOO 10 mg. I met 2 - 3 times after starting the medicine. Now I am physically fit and no problem. But Urologist is saying I have to take the medicine for my entire life. Is that true?
Me and my gf had sex 3 times these year. She took ipill every time and got withdrawal bleeding after 5 days every time and she also gets normal period after 30 days interval. Past 3 months we do not have sex. Today Is her last day of period. But from her nipples some milky fluid is coming only when squeezed and it is not stopping. Why it is happening? Is She Pregnant?
Pain in the joint is an eventuality that only few can escape. It is an ailment that comes with age and promises to stay despite continued attempts at eradicating it. Being a problem that many are battling, it has provoked attempts at treating it. Various disciplines of medicines have tried in their own ways in dealing with this problem, but Ayurveda with its strict reliance on natural products and aversion to chemicals has been most preferred.
The various ways by which Ayurveda treats joint pains are:
- Massage: Ayurveda focuses on massages as a remedial measure. Using few herbal oils and using them to massage regularly on the affected joints has been an accepted remedy for joint pains. A massage promotes blood circulation and creates a calming effect.
- Hot and cold compresses: The effectiveness of this form of treatment has remained prevalent through generations. Extremely convenient and easy to use, you can use hot and cold compresses alternatively to ease the pain.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek seeds have a long standing reputation of relieving you of pain. Boasting of antioxidant properties and the ability to reduce swelling, they must be finely grounded and swallowed with lukewarm water to enjoy best results.
- Turmeric: In the hierarchy of Ayurvedic medications, turmeric probably ranks the highest. It is packed with multiple benefits. Not only does it take care of the skin, it also helps in reducing joint pains. The most common way of having it is by mixing turmeric in a glass of warm milk and honey.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar reduces joint pains by effectively eliminating the accumulated toxins. It is rich in magnesium and phosphorus and owing to its alkalizing effect, it has the ability to cure rheumatism.
What are the tips for normal delivery. Does having sex during pregnancy helps in normal delivery. My wife is 5 months pregnant and she has low bp 95 against 120.
I am 35 years old and female. Once 3 years back while I am travelling in train went to toilet, and since from then I got infection got itching and swelling there. I consulted doctor she gave me some antibiotics. Its cleared. After a year it showed again and I used the medicine again. Symptoms gone. But skin there is like small bubbles now. And also now I am engaged and have intercourse with my fiance, but to my shock I am getting pain inside. I afraid what will be my married life. Please suggest me.
Hi. Maim before 12 years 3rd sizzering pr hm ne family planning b krwa diya tha recanolization k liye hsg test b karwaya hsg report pr sorry kh diya doctor ne .Age 36 running kia ivf is month karwasakti hu husband ko daibeties h 3 years se advoic me plz.
I am suffering from phobia of sex with my gf. Is it ok to have it with her in a age of 22. What are the draw backs?
I am 28 years, I am planning for baby, every month I thought to get pregnant but every month I get my periods. No physical problems right now. What should I do to get pregnant fast?
My wife is suffering from fever, she has taken crocin and sinarest. Fever is coming every day on evening from last 2 days, our family doctor is saying it's symptoms of malaria, also he tested by malaria kit but results is negative, but still he is asking for injection (Rapither injection). Is it ok sir. Wife is 7 months pregnant. Kindly suggest.
Hello doctor, I am having thyroid and pcos ,i am taking medicine as suggested doctor along with I am thinking to take shatavari and ashwagandha to balance hormones, Please suggest me how to take and how much to take these shthavari and ashwagandha powder?
My wife is not open in sexual activities. She is very shy how can I motivate her so that we can enjoy our married life.
Hello Doctor, I am from ahmedabad I recently got married, my wife's period date was 11th but due to pooja and wedding function she had taken tablet for extend the period time. after 1 week she had her period. And during this period we had physically without any protection so I give her unwanted 72 tablet, Her period had around 18-24 july, 2016 Now after 1 week she is having bleeding so can you please suggest about it, also I am little bit confused that is she pregnant or Not. Also suggest should I consult or visit gynecologist or not ? Please reply fast on this.
Hi dr, I am 25years women. And m pregnant with 2 months. I want 2 ask you tht can am allowed 2 make relationship with my husband. It is safe 4 me n our child. And pls tell me which positions r safe, if it is Yes. How many day we can do sex in a week. Kindly suggest me, I wl follow tht only.
I am 24 years old female and I am having some serious menstrual problems. I got free from my last period on 13th April and my new cycle was to commence on 6-7th May, but I missed my periods this month. I had intercourse after last month i.e. April after I was free of my periods so I thought it could be pregnancy issues. I waited for 3-4 days and then took a pregnancy kit test. RESULTS WERE NEGATIVE. Again I waited for my periods for few days because I have had this problems earlier even before marriage but this time I was getting very late as 15 days were passed. So I visited a doctor, she also took the kit test but again results were negative. In between this instead of periods I was having a white fluid discharge. She gave me medicines because I was having fever and also after 3-4 days the discharge stopped but now last night i.e. 27th May I got a heavy muddy discharge. Please help. What it could be? I have no earlier pregnancies, no abortion. I am married for 9 months only. Got my Thyroid tests too. There also results were negative. Please help.
When you travel in an airplane or just come out of the swimming pool, your ears may sometimes block up and even be painful. This is what is known ear barotrauma and is caused by pressure differences inside and outside the ear drum. Severe cases may cause damage to the ear and impede your hearing.
Symptoms of ear barotrauma: Ear barotrauma usually occurs when the Eustachian tube is blocked due to differences in air pressure. The Eustachian tube is a long narrow tube that runs from the middle of your ear to the pharynx or the back of the throat and is thus very important in relevance to the ear, nose and throat. Thus ear barotrauma can also translate to pain in the ear and throat as well.
Some of the symptoms are:
- Discomfort in the ear, or aggravated pain in extreme cases
- The ears being blocked or full, in severe cases may feel like being underwater
- Temporary hearing loss
- Nose bleeding in severe cases
- Health care providers may see an inward caving or outward bulging in the ear drum. In severe cases, the eardrum may look bruised as well.
- Some severe cases may even exhibit signs typical of an ear infection along with some of the other symptoms mentioned above.
Precautions and self treatment: There are certain steps you can take to either prevent barotrauma or reduce the symptoms, these are:
yawning or gulping. This is very helpful when air pressure differences are caused in cases of travelling by aircraft.
- Inhale slowly and then exhale while your mouth is closed and you are holding your nostrils closed by fingers. This will help increase the pressure within the tube to try and open it forcefully.
- Sucking on candy is another way to prevent barotraumas as you are constantly swallowing and keeping your Eustachian tube from being blocked in the first place.
- Keep a few chewing gums handy and has similar effects on your ears as it forces the Eustachian tube to remain open despite pressure differences.
- After diving or swimming, come out of the water slowly. Scuba divers and deep swimmers need to come up slowly to ensure that the Eustachian tube is given enough time to acclimatize and slowly come back to normal.
Usually, ear barotrauma goes away automatically after sometime and no medications are required. However, if symptoms still persist, it is best to go to a relevant doctor or a health care provider for pain relief and long term solutions.