Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SanthakumariYour feedback matters!
When my wife eat roti she always vomit n she won't eat properly always some rice only what to do her age 19.
I am female 24, married since last 9months. While having sex we us to suck/lick each other (pennis and vagina). Is there any harm? We want to enjoy healthier/safe sex. So pls guide us.
Do masturbation cause any harm? There is a small tight lump in the scrotum near the outer body of right testicle. What is it? When I press that lump only then it is paining otherwise no pain. Is there any treatment needed?
My sisters age is 17. Her growth is stopped. Her height is very low & also very weak by her body structure. Last 20 dayz she suffered. She vomiting when she eats anything like 1 bite of chappati. For any case if she eat half chappati then go to toilet. Loose motion. If she eat anything then loose motion is ready If she eat 1 bite of chappati then vomiting is coming quickly. Whats this problem ? Her weight is fallen. We were consult a docter he gave medicines. TB & chest report is normal What should we do ? This problm is happened from last 20 dayz. How to stop loose motion ? How to stop vomiting ? The coat (kathiya ) contain in her Abdomen / stomach to balance of Naab Please tell me doctors ! Your replies is very important for me because we see her for many doctors But every time result is failed Her vomiting & loose motion has not been stopping since long time.
I am 30 years old men I am facing jaundice present total bilirubin 2.1 and direct bilirubin 0.4 and indirect bilirubin 1.7 how to reduce jaundice please help me.
Sir I'm 22 year old. Im studying eng. And having a gf. We r having sex thrice a week is it safe. R to stop it.
Dr. I have very small sized penis, what should I do to get a long and perfect size of penis please help me sir.
Hello sir/mam, we have completed five years of marriage but not conceiving baby, many doctors says, my wife is suffering from PCOD problem. We have done lot of treatment like allopathy, Ayurveda and IUI three times but no result. Can you please help us.
My sexual timing is very short time. Example 5to10 second. This problem is create by cause of so many time of hand practice. So I am in very depression. Please guide me.
I am 20 Years old guy and I m suffering from dust, mild, cold, smell and many more thing allergy problem since birth. It worst in morning and spring and winter. I also take antibiotics and montelust tablets and cetrizine tablets but nothing happened. please help me to cure this problem.
Polycystic ovarian disease (PCOD) or syndrome (PCOS) is a condition where there are multiple cysts in the ovaries and as a result there are several symptoms in various body parts. One of the significant things to note is that there is a strong correlation between diet and PCOD/PCOS. Read on to understand some of the common symptoms of PCOD and also some nutritional do’s and don’t’s.
Symptoms: Understanding symptoms of PCOS helps in planning a diet in a more rational manner.
- The excessively produced male hormone (androgen) in the body promotes weight gain around the belly area. This needs to be controlled or else, can lead to increased cholesterol, diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease.
- Skin problems such as acne
- Increased insulin resistance, leading to increased sugar levels
- Hirsutism (excessive hair growth)
- Male pattern baldness
While not every problem associated with PCOD can be managed through diet, nutrition changes in a woman can have a significant effect on the overall health and well-being. Some common dietary changes to make when diagnosed with PCOD are listed below.
Higher levels of insulin make the body produce more androgens. PCOD women often have higher levels of insulin, meaning high androgen level, which increases their weight (builds muscle mass). Therefore, to control the level of insulin, high fiber diet like greens, nuts, berries, pumpkin, almonds, whole grains, etc. should be included. These ensure that digestion process is prolonged and blood sugar levels do not rise rapidly.
- Protein-rich food items like tofu, soya, and chicken are also highly beneficial for PCOD women. They do not contain fiber, but provide a full feeling and help in avoiding binge eating. They also do not pack in calories and are helpful in weight management.
- Food items which are generally anti-inflammatory including tomatoes, spinach, olive oil, fruits, and Omega-3 fatty acids are highly beneficial in controlling cholesterol and heart disease.
- Eat good fat. Reduce trans and saturated fats, increase unsaturated fats. Use vegetable and nuts oils to get these benefits.
What to avoid: Anything that can lead to increased sugar levels should be reduced.
- Avoid whites, such as pasta, rice, and bread which are made of refined flour and have absolutely no fiber content.
- Baked and processed foods should be avoided.
- Curb your intake of candies, chocolates, snacks, which are just calories and are of no nutritional value.
- Avoid salty snacks, which again are just calories and not beneficial.
- Do not consume aerated drinks and soda, which are just laden with sugar.
A diet rich in protein, N3 PUFA And MUFA can help reduce inflammation and control diabetes, heart disease, and hypertension. All these are a result of chronic inflammation and can be managed through this approach as also reverse PCOD and its complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.