Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SankaranarayananYour feedback matters!
I have a daughter of only four months. She is infected with the virus hhv-5. She is normal. Doctor told us that for small baby they can not give any medicine to remove this virus. This human herpes virus have the effect on hearing and brain. How and from where we can provide the treatment for her so that virus effect can be minimized. Please suggest, I shall be grateful.
I am 26 years old, and I had a 3rd month baby bt breast milk is not sufficient. So I am using 120 ml of lactogen daily. Due to bottle feeding my baby is suffering from cough, doctor asked me to stop bottle feeding, he suggested me to use spoon instead of bottles. My baby is unable to drink with spoon. I used lactare tablets for 1 month bt no use. please can you suggest me how to improve my breast milk.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
My younger son aged 4 years have a strange problem. He never sweats and feels hot. During summer he has to sit in Cooler. What's this problem.
Hi my wife delivered a girl baby at 28th week, baby is admitted in NIC but doctors are telling baby will be alive for 2,3 days only but I do not know wt to do, can I save my baby.
I'm 23 yrs old male. I having gynaecomastia. I have memory problems.I'm facing difficulties in communication with other persons. I have lack of confidence in doing any task. My mood also changes frequently. I'm facing severe depression from last 7 years. And my behaviour is similer with ADHD. I read lot of meterial related to depression , ADHD, bipolar disorder and also klinefelter. I'm fearing that I have klinefelter so please give me instructions about to whom I should refer & which tests to be made for diagnosis.
My new born baby of 15 days has got watery eyes. Water keeps coming out of her eyes. What needs to be done in this case.
Mera beta 8sal ka hai usko bhut headache hota hai morning 5: 00 am start hota hai whole day rehta hai. Usko specs bhi lg gaye .but phir bhi usko pain hota hai. Sb test normal hai. Please tell me he suffering from one month.
I have a niece and she has patients of nephritic syndrome at the age of 10-12 months and we are getting treatment from PGI chandigarh but she is not getting well now. what to do?
We have two & half year son he is suffering from fungal infection on his back. Effected area having white patch. Kindly advice us. Is it really worried disease?
My daughter is 12 years old. She is an achondroplasia child having ARRESTED hydrocephalus from almost 5 years. She is suffering from stomach ache and vomiting from last 20 days and severe head reeling from last 7 days. On admitting at the nursing home on 8th jan, she was given with antibiotics, anti vomiting, antacid and mannitol. The doctors there were expecting it to be increased pressure ICT and asked for VP shunt or consulting neurosurgeon. On consulting to a senior neurosurgeon, he examined the eye movement, hand movement, touching nose, leg touching movements and rejected vp shunt procedure as it is an attested case of hydrocarbons as per comparison of 4 CT scan reports over last 5 years. Presently she is having severe and continued head reeling and occasional vomiting. Need proper guidance as shunt or etv is not a permanent solution.
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My son was down with viral three weeks ago. Till then his feed intake was fine as he takes breast feed and nan pro1 alternate. After his viral his feed intake has reduced. He refuses to take top feed sometimes mine too. Whereas he is active. No stomach ache. No nose block. Motions are fine. No irritability seen. I am worried as I have to join work and sometimes no feed taken till 6 hrs.
Child sexual abuse is a pressing issue in society today. Statistically, there has been a considerable increase in the number of cases related to juvenile sex abuse over the past decade. Most of the cases report the abuser to be a close family member or a family friend rather than a complete stranger.
A sexually abused child may develop severe mental health conditions and have major difficulties coping with as an adult. One of the most common disorders affecting survivors of child sexual abuse is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). This involves the individual reliving the trauma all his/her life, thus leading to panic, stress and difficulties in living a healthy life in the longer run.
The individuals who were abused as a child normally suffer from a very low self -esteem. They continue to blame themselves for the events that occurred and hence have a rather demeaning view of themselves, leading to adjustment issues in the future.
They may also be diagnosed with clinical depression owing to the previous trauma. This hampers the everyday functioning of the individual. The individual may continue to relive the past traumatic events in the mind that further fuels their depression and contribute to the vicious cycle, eventually.
Most often, survivors of child sexual abuse have a rather impulsive nature owing to the hampered functioning of impulse-control. They have lesser control over their emotions, especially anger and are rather quick to act on it.
Because of all the complications, they might be less socially competent and thus fail to build firm peer relationships. They grow up to be adults with severe trust issues; they are hence, often side-lined because of their cynicism which leads to further depressive symptoms.
Genophobia or the fear of sex is another complication that they may experience as adults. They may avoid sex altogether or engage in sexual activities that are rather violent in nature. Some survivors may develop certain sexual fetishes that can be rather dangerous; the most common being ‘paedophilia’ or the sexual arousal involving prepubescent children.
The seriousness of the condition is often undermined. In treatment, various therapeutic techniques are used according to the need and age of the patient. Therapists work to promote positive thinking among the sufferers so that it becomes easy for them to accept their past and move on in life with a better outlook. With proper guidance and help, the individuals are able to overcome their mental health issues and live a wholesome life.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.