Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SankaranarayananYour feedback matters!
Now my baby is 5month old. I want to know the best contraceptive method which I can use for next 3yrs.
My son who is 3 months old has a reflux immediately after a feed every time. Is this a matter of concern?
My daughter is in 9 month old. Can I give non vegetarian food to her. Can you suggest healthy food items.
My daughter aged 14 years is type 1 diabetic diagnosed recently. She is taking insulin injections 3 to 4 times a day. Her hands and thighs are all full of injections pricks. Swelling has started now on the places where we try to give injections. Kindly suggest.
My baby is 5 months 20 days old, I want to start solid to her. I want to know how much I should give her in a day at particular time.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degree she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do.
My 10 years daughter cries too much, she doesnt says anything if she is having any problem, only cries, please tell what to do?
Hi my baby is 5 month old. He is suffering from chest congestion from last 10 days. There is no severe cough but phlegm is there all the time. Doc gave ventorlin syrup mucolite drops and nebulizer levolin 0.3 mg. But its been 10 days now im worried. He is very active otherwise and taking breastfeed properly. Is there any harm of phlegm on his body.
My daughter is recently complaint of less hearing . On being consulting with ENTDoctor he advise for audiologist test. In test it os said 50% hearing loss and advice to put hearing aids. I want any other treatment to recover this loss. They are saying nerve related issue. Pls guide.
Sr my son is 2 years old. Since last one month he suffering from fever. Some time temperature goes above 100 c. Later we found that some problem in his stomach. That is some time the motion was very loose and the stomach was enlarged in all times. We consult with doctors they gave us worms medicine albensol two times, meftal and there after they gave him bacigyl - N, oflocin, endospas and zinconia. Last five days the condition of baby was good. The latrine was normal and there was a normal temperature. But from yesterday onwards the temperature increased above 100 c and the stomach size enlarged. Presently we are giving him meftal 5 ml only then also temperature not coming down. The temperature of stomach also high. We are worried about his bad health. Please give us some advice for betterment of our baby.
My daughter is now 2. 7yrs old she suffering from hard stool and absent one or two days from stool. Kindly solve this problem.
My son is 5 years old. He is not able to speak but can hear like normal child. Yesterday he fell down and half right hand part of his body was not moving. After 1 hour again he becomes normal. Which type of disease it is.
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.