Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SankaralingamYour feedback matters!
I was experience crawling sensation along right outer thigh muscle which has now become numb. My MRI reports L2-L3 and, L4-L5 levels bilateral paracentral disc bulves causing thecal sac indentation and bilateral foramina foramina narrowing. node nodes seen in inferior endplate of L3 vertebral body. At L4-L5 disc dedication. circumferential circumferential disc bulhes causing spinal canal and bilateral neural foramina stenosis and indenting adjacent traversing and bilateral existing nerve roots. NCS and EMG findings normal except for non stimulate lateral femoral cutaneous nerves due to depth of nerve or entrapment. Indications Meralgia paresthetica.
I am a 23 yr old male. Having pain since 2yr in right hand joints (shoulder, elbow, wrist) and my CRP is 40. What should I do.
While playing football my knee clashed with other players knee. I have pain on my knee and I can feel a small swelling on my right knee. Please advise.
Good day sir/ma'am My self kalyan. My mom is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis (rh factor +) for past 4 years. She took medicine in allopathy in the first 2 years but it doesn't work, so we planned to change the doctor and stepped in Ayurveda clinic name is arya vaidya sala. She started to take medicine + pain killer tablet bcs she can't bare the pain. The medicine was good and helps to cure but that doctor who treated my mom quit the job so we are in need to change the doctor in same clinic but the medicine is not working. Now please guide me what should I do.
I m having pain in my back side of neck and it is paining a lot. Can you please tell me that why it is happening and what to do?
While morning running it's a severe pain in lower part of legs, unable to run continuously. Please help.
I am 37 years old. Last month when I was cleaning my house I lifted a few heavy things and now my hands got vety stiff I am not able to move the. What should I do?
I have been pain since last 2 week in my lower side of left chest. And sometimes it's huge, even I can't move my left arm also due to pain. Is it gastric problem or else?
Hi Doctor. I am patient suffering from Macular amyloidosis. It's been I guess 8 years that I have dark patches on my arms but I always thought it's because of tanning. Few months back only I got to know about this disease when I met dermatologist. But he gave me ointments to apply on my arms which are basically for pigmentation. I have applied those ointments but that did not show much result on my skin. Could you please help in knowing weather macular amyloidosis is curable or not. If yes what are the possible treatments for it. And my mother also has macular amyloidosis on arms and back. Is it due to heredity in me. Or some other reasons for its cause. Please help me.
My father undergone bye pass surgery 8 year back is 84. These days he is feeling ant crawling on arms n shoulder I am worried what to do whom to consult does physiotherapy Help.
I have always back pain by this I am not able to sit for long time because its start pain how can it can be resolved please suggest me.
Mera leg bahut pain karta hai jab bhi my relex my rahta hu aur raat my leg shack karny ke habit ban gaye hai.
Hello, My sister who is 28 years old got married two months back. After two weeks of marriage she wasn't well n suffering pain in her back n wasn't able to getup from her bed. Doctors done her blood n urine tests which showed dat her right ovary is enlarged. She had problem with her periods which usually came after every 2-3 months time. Secondly doctor also suggested her MRI scanning which showed dat she is having axial ankylosing spondylitis. Can you suggest dat what is it actually and how is it going to affect her in future n will she cure from these? Will she have children n what is risk for her children? Kindly suggest d causes, treatments n care to be taken for her kids.
Arthritis is an autoimmune disorder wherein, the immune system of the body attacks healthy tissues within the various joints of the body. This causes inflammation of the joints, leading to multiple problems in them. One common issue with all the problems is pain. Thus, managing pain with rheumatoid arthritis is one of the most important facets of the treatment. More than the deformities or other problems, it is the pain that limits your capabilities. Some techniques for the management of pain are mentioned below.
- Pain medication: This is the obvious and first choice to avail if you need to reduce pain. There are many types and levels of pain medications which can range anywhere from being mild to very strong. However, this isn’t an option that should be considered lightly as you may have a tendency to develop a dependency which can border on addiction. Also, many of them harm the hepatic and renal system of the body if used beyond a certain period. Thus it is advisable to use this prudently.
- Weight management: In many cases, the pain is exacerbated by obesity. It has been noticed that obese or overweight people tend to suffer more from arthritis pain as the added weight tends to add pressure on the joints. Thus, one of the best ways to reduce a significant amount of pain would be to reduce weight through dieting and limited exercises that don’t strain the joints. However, it is easier said than done as a person in pain cannot usually exercise! So, the best strategy is to visit a pain specialist / interventional pain physician and get your pain controlled. Thereafter, start the exercises and reduce the weight effectively.
- Medication for inflammation: Inflammation of the joints is the primary symptom of this disorder. Inflammation is also what causes the pain within the joints. Thus, treating the inflammation with relevant medication has also been known to reduce pain. This is usually the first option to go to for relieving arthritis pain. The catch point here is also the side effect profile of these drugs.
- Changes in Diet: A few type of foods, especially certain fish found in colder waters are a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which are very good at reducing inflammation within the joints. There are also certain food items which may be bad for your arthritis pain as they may aggravate inflammation and it is better to avoid such items altogether. Some examples of such items would be sugar, alcohol, white flour, processed meats, gluten rich foods among others.
- Massages: Whether it is a self-massage or from a therapist, it is a great way to encourage circulation which can help reduce inflammation and work as a pain reliever. A therapist would also know certain specific techniques to relieve arthritis pain. However, most of the times, improper massage shall do more harm than good.
- Interventional Pain Procedures: These may often be the most cost effective and usually the only option to reduce pain. These include joint injections, neurotomies, radio frequency therapy, laser therapy, ozone therapy, platelet rich plasma or anti-inflammatory injections.
- Other therapies: Some other therapies include heat and cold compress, acupuncture, wearing supportive wears and braces among others to encourage circulation and reduce pain. Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation also helps to relieve pain by stimulating the affected nerves in the joints with the help of a low voltage electric current. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.