Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev ReddyYour feedback matters!
This is my 8th day I'm late for ny periods the last time I got my periods was on the 6th of April. My husband and I made love like 3 times on the the 17th of April the same day am I pregnant.
पालक है सबसे अच्छा:
- दृष्टि सुधारने में मदद करता है |
- रोगों से लड़ता है |
- प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली को मजबूत बनाता है |
- पालक फाइबर में उच्च है, तो यह आपको पूर्ण और पाचन में मदद करता है।
- कैंसर को रोकने में मदद करता है |
- यह विरोधी भड़काऊ है |
- उच्च रक्तचाप को कम करता है |
- स्वस्थ, चमकदार त्वचा को बढ़ावा देता है |
- हड्डियों को मजबूत करता है |
- मस्तिष्क और तंत्रिका तंत्र समारोह में मदद करता है |
- पालक, कोलोरी में कम लेकिन पोषक तत्वों में उच्च है ।
I have gone through hormonal test. All tests r normal except. Rubella. Which is positive - 44.14 IU/ml. What it show? Isn't its reason for non conceive?
I am 29 years female, every month in periods time I fell stomach pain. Its very pain. What I will do?
Hi. I took I pill (morning after pill) around 20th of august. After 2-3 days I started spotting slightly. It continued till the 4th of september. When I had sex with my partner. I started bleeding post sex slightly. That started the on and off spotting again. On the 7th again, I bleed a little post sex. There was a weird smell to the discharge on the morning of 8th/9th september. Though spotting had stopped somewhat. I was worried it might be chlamydia so I got a vaginal swab test for culture and sensitivity done. I also took an urine pregnancy test with an otc pregnancy kit. I generally have my periods in the first-second week of a month. I am not sure whether I had a really light period due to the morning after pill (spotting) or if it is something else. Can you advice?
I got married before 3 months. At the time of our 1st penetration my wife does not bleed as we both are virgin and usually girls do bleed at the 1st intercourse. What is d reason behind this? I m planning for a child please guide me how should I approach?
At 17th week pregnancy my fiancee is unable to eat anything as she throws up and throughout the day she has vomiting sensation and whatever she eats she vomits and even the motion is going in form of water. Why is this? And what is the medication for this?
My periods is only 2 or 3 days bt my period is very painful and clot jelly lower abdominal pain so I will take for m2 tone syrup please tell me I will take a syrup is useful or not.
Urological problems such as urinary tract infection, urinary incontinence, and kidney stones are highly prevalent across gender and age groups. But there are several simple measures you may undertake to improve urological health and prevent such problems.
Read on to know how to go about it.
- Drinking adequate amount of fluids: Waste products are mostly eliminated through urine, and when you drink more water, you will be able to remove more toxins from the body. The general recommendation is having 8 glasses of water in a day even though this varies on an individual basis. You must also consider drinking cranberry juice which offers protection from various types of infections of the urinary tract. And you should drink an extra amount of water while exercising and when you are spending a lot of time outside as you might excrete more water through perspiration.
- Cutting down the intake of caffeine and alcohol: Both alcohol and caffeine act as a diuretic and they irritate the lining of the urinary bladder. This causes frequent urge to urinate.
- Avoid holding urine: You should never practice holding the urine for a long span of time but try going to the toilet whenever you feel the urge.
- Controlling the daily intake of salt: When you consume too much of salt, the sodium in the body increases and it causes retention of fluids in the body. This is invariably linked with high blood pressure which can cause damage to the kidneys and formation of kidney stones. Thus, it is essential to reduce the intake of canned foods, fried stuff, and processed foods.
- Keeping the genital area clean: You should always aim to keep the genital area clean by washing it with plain water or some mild cleanser once in a day. Also, while indulging in sexual intercourse, bacteria along with other micro-organisms can enter into the urinary tract causing infection. Women are at a higher risk of developing urinary tract infections since they have a shorter urethra. Male groins and female vaginas are considered breeding grounds for different pathogens which can transfer from one partner to another during intercourse hence care should be taken.
- Preventing urological problems in women: Once you use the washroom, you should wipe the genital area from the front part to back. You should not use perfumed soaps and cleansers in the vaginal areas. Wearing cotton panties is always a healthier option than other fabrics. One should also avoid using vaginal deodorants and spermicidal creams to prevent infections.
Though numerous treatment options are available for these disorders since prevention is always better than cure, adopt these practices to steer clear of these common problems. Further, incorporating lifestyle changes such as eating a balanced diet coupled with exercise and leading a stress-free routine can pave the way for general good health.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Using condom and having sex will lead to any problem? My wife is getting feared of using condom and having sex.
A well moisturized and hydrated skin is a thumb rule for a healthy skin. Dry and flaky skin is not only discomforting and unpleasant to look but is also prone to many skin problems. Dry skin or xerosis dermatitis is more common among elderly. Dry skin can cause the skin to crack making it susceptible to infections. Constant scratching of dry skin due to itching is further harmful and can cause thickening and darkening of the skin. Extreme temperature especially winter with cold, dry and chilly winds can be harsh on the skin and disturb its pH level, thus causing skin problems.
One of the most common skin problems from dry skin is Eczema. Eczema, generally acquired in childhood is an inflammatory reaction of the skin causing the skin to become red and itchy followed by crusting and scaling. Treatment of eczema is usually a combination of creams and drugs. However, eczema does not go away that easily and its relapse rate remains quite high.
Exposure to sun for long hours can also lead to drying of the skin. Apart from this use of harsh soaps and chemical based products or prolonged use of cosmetics on the skin can inhibit the ability of skin to retain moisture.
Dry skin tends to age faster as it is prone to wrinkles. A wrinkled skin loses its charm and elasticity. The whole concept of anti ageing revolves around keeping the sun hydrated and moisturized.
Many skin problems can be prevented only by following a good skin care routine. Others may require a long-term medical treatment. Let’s look at some simple and useful ways to prevent and manage dry skin:
Water: Water is not only a natural cleanser for the skin but helps in maintaining an optimum moisture level of the skin. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day.
Steam baths: A warm water bath or a steam bath can help relieve skin of dryness.
Oiling of the skin: People with dry skin benefit more from oiling than the use of regular moisturizers. Oiling creates a protective layer on the skin preventing it from drying for longer hours. Use of almond, olive or coconut oil is effective is treating dry skin problems.
Prolonged use of room heaters: Heaters snatch moisture from the surrounding environment including your skin leaving it dull and dry. Thus sitting in heated rooms for long can dehydrate skin and must be avoided as far as possible.
Water-rich fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables, especially, water-rich like watermelon, bottle gourd etc. can help replenish moisture. Eat plenty of those to fight dryness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I am 26 years old married female. We are planning for a baby. usually my cycle length is 33 days. On 33th day (jan 3) I had spotting. But after that no sign of bleeding at all. Happened before 4 days. I had done urine pregnancy test on dat day (jan 3).but it was negative. After that in the afternoon there was spotting. Now is there a chance that I might be pregnant?
My wife is in fertile we are trying from last many months pls tell me the best position for intercourse so that se gets pregnant.
I am 41 yrs old suffering from chronic kidney disease under the care of an neprologist for the past 6 years i am having BP under control i take the only medicine is for BP daily two tablets my doctor say on my present condition take it as you are normal i living like a normal person . My problem is while having sex i ejaculate in 30 to 60 sec itself how to over come this problem
My question is related to metformin used in gynae. What is their function and side effects? Now she is not pregnant but doctor prescribed metformin in once day. Please guide me.
Novelon 21 day pill from june. Missed second last doubled with the last, break of 6 days from 2-7 july. Menses from 5-7july. New pack from 8th july. Protected intercourse but condom used thrice on 9th july (first timw intercourse) Next fully protected on 14th july (last intercourse) Missed 21st july pill doubled 22nd july night. Light bleeding on 22nd july morning (breakthrough bleed or implantation bleed?) Pill ended on 28th july menses from 1-6 aug. Negative hpt at 4,5,6,7,8,11,12 weeks all negative hpt done with first morning urine with different brands. No pills or intercourse after 1-6aug. Periods due on 1st sept as it dint came did a usg and hcg beta on 8th sept (10 weeks from first and 9 weeks from last intercourse) Hcg was 0.11 and usg shows pcod (no mention of pregnancy) Dr. Prescribed deviry 2 tab for 5 days for withdrawal bleed. But after taking just a single dose bleeding started from 11-16th sept. It was heavy. On 21st july morning when I woke up I can feel my pelvic bone in the front (can it be due to exercises like crunches leg rise etc with weight loss? I was 72 in july 70 in aug and now I am almost 68 kgs) and after continuous touching I made it hurt. Scared went for usg on 21st sept (12 weeks ftom first and 11 weeks from lasr intercourse) Usg only showed bulky ovaries with pcod. I asked him if my uterus was normal he said its absolutely normal. Usg was transabdominal. Hpt with first morning urine on 13 weeks was also negative. My period was due on 11th october it has not occur yet. Is their any risk of pregnancy even though no intercourse after july n got 6 day bleeding twice. Do I need to take deviry again for withdrawal bleeding or will I wait? Moreover m having dark patches over the skin and sometime shortness of breath. N having egg white cervical mucus throughout the cycle. M I 100% safe from pregnancy?
1) eat foods rich in protein like milk and milk product, eggs, chicken, meat.
2) eat energy dense foods like nuts, dates, potato, halwa, kheer etc.
3) eat fruits high in energy like banana, chickoo, sitaphal, mango, grapes.
4) eat two servings of pulses in a day esp. Soybean and urad dal.
5) have proper rest.
If you are looking out for proper meal plan and guaranteed weight gain results, click on consult privately.
Do you have Mood swings before periods?
It is possible that like millions of women worldwide, you could also be suffering from PMS or Premenstrual Syndrome.
PMS is diagnosed if a woman persistently (more than six months) seems to be suffering from a group of symptoms. Mood swings, irritability, feeling of loss of control, bloating, headaches, breast pain etc are part of the symptoms.
These symptoms appear a week or ten days before the onset of periods and subside when the menstrual bleeding starts. The first two weeks from the onset of periods are relatively easier and symptom-free.
7 Tips to reduce your mood swings:
1) Well, the first thing to do is to tackle the situation head on rather than feeling helpless over the whole situation. Stop blaming other people in your life like your husband, brother, children or mother-in -law for your mood swings.
Accept that this situation happens to many other women like you and you are not alone.
2) Try practicing relaxation techniques like Meditation, Yoga, deep Breathing exercises and Pranayam. It helps you give greater insight, to calm down and reduce the extent of swings.
3) Chamomile tea and Supplements contain Evening Primrose oil which is available over the counter may help to soothe frayed nerves.
4) Eat a healthy diet and avoid high salt and sugar containing foods. Include fresh fruits and salads in your diet. Your diet should contain enough vitamin B,D, and calcium. If you are not sure about the diet, you could take supplements for a few days and see if it makes a difference.
5) Exercise regularly, even if it is for 20 min a day. Get outdoors and try to get the benefits of early morning sunshine.
6) Get enough sleep and listen to the signals your body sends you about fatigue and rest. Allow your body to rejuvenate and renew.
7)If nothing works and your mood swings threaten to upset your social or personal lifestyle, please consult your gynecologist who may want to prescribe pills to tackle the whole situation. Anti-anxiety drugs sometimes help to correct the balance of a chemical called serotonin.