Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev ReddyYour feedback matters!
Does your work require you to sit for long hours? Following a bad sitting posture for a long time can cause a lot of health problems like depression, low energy levels, back or neck pain, fatigue, headache etc. But the good news is that you can correct these posture defects very easily by following a few simple tricks throughout the day. Here’s how.
1. Sit up straight
Sitting up straight is easy if you follow these simple rules.
a. Use an ergonomically designed chair made according to your height and weight as it will provide your body with the required support to sit straight. You can buy such a chair online from any leading furniture shopping website.
b. Ensure that your back remains aligned to the back of your chair to prevent slouching or leaning forward.
c. Try to keep your shoulders straight and squared, paired with an upright head and aligned neck, back, and heels, similar to your standing posture.
2. Ensure that your ears are in line with your shoulders
Use this small trick to maintain the correct posture throughout the day. Whenever you lean forward or backward too much, your ears won’t be in line with your shoulders and you will know that it’s a wrong posture.
3. Uncross your legs
The correct sitting posture requires you to keep your feet grounded. Be careful not to cross your legs and leave one of them hanging in front of you. If your feet find it difficult to reach the ground, you can use a footrest or a small stand for placing them.
4. Take the help of a lumbar support pillow
A lumbar support pillow is a cushion that has been designed to support your spine and help you maintain a straight sitting position. Every time you sit on the chair, the pillow ensures that you sit straight. You can roll up a thick towel and use it instead of a lumbar support pillow as well to get the same benefits.
5. Do some desk exercises at regular intervals
Exercising after sitting for long hours can help you to relax by loosening stiff muscles, besides having the added benefit of correcting your posture. Take small exercise breaks and try out the following workouts, while still sitting on your chair-
a. Maintain an upright position and raise your arms above your head, while ensuring that your elbows remain straight. Bend to your right first and then left, while keeping your fingers interlocked.
b. Extend your left leg forward, while remembering to keep your toes pointed towards the front. Change the position of your toes so that they point upward. Follow the same steps for 5 for times and then do the same with your right leg.
Maintaining a correct posture will not only keep you away from the health hazards of a bad posture, but will also enhance your appearance and increase your energy levels.
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 24 december and next day 25december she got the period. What should I do now. Worry about getting pregnant.
Hi my wife is pregnant. She s getting continuously vomiting. We consulted doc he gave tablet but no use getting vomiting .Any home remedies pls. Getting week in health condition .To much tired. Thank you.
I have used susten tablet from the day ovulation, as per doctor suggestion, after 24dpo, very light volume of dark brown discharging from morning, is this due susten tablets or is this period or implantation bleeding or I am pregnant or anything else.
Hi, I am 24, sometime after 2 -3 days sudden inching starts happening in my vagina, but pain is not there. I dnt know why it happens kindly suggest me some medicine. It is happening from last 2-3 months.
Mine monthly period usually lasts for 4 days but this month it was only 3 days and quantity of bleeding also decreased, I have got my period 1 week delay also can anyone say me why it happened like that?
I have lump in my both breast, I did FNAC and ultrasound of my both breast. Doctor told me its fibroadenoma, she suggested for surgery. Is any other way can its removed.
Infertility is a condition, which is characterized by the inability to have a baby for over a year in spite of having planned and unprotected sex. It is a pretty common phenomenon for both men and women. However, there are several treatments available for both the sexes to help them recover from this problem. Here are some of the most common treatments available for infertility:
1. Changing your lifestyle: Certain factors in your lifestyle, which may cause you to be infertile include the medications you take, lack of exercise or not having intercourse frequently enough or not at the right time. The solution for these problems is simply incorporating certain changes in your daily life, such as exercising more, sticking to a healthy diet or having intercourse more often at the right time.
2. Sperm retrieval: Sperm retrieval is the technique used when you cannot ejaculate or when there is hardly any sperm present in your semen. It is also used in case of a low sperm count.
1. Intrauterine insemination: Intrauterine insemination is a process in which healthy sperm cells are put into the uterus so that the egg gets fertilized when it is released. The sperm cells have to be inserted at the time when your ovaries release eggs; therefore it is crucial to know your menstrual cycle as well as how fertility drugs are affecting it.
2. Fertility drugs: Fertility drugs are used to stimulate ovulation. This is done by administering medications which either regulate or cause ovulation to occur. There are several types of fertility drugs, so you should talk to your doctor about which should be the best for you.
3. Hysteroscopic surgery: This is a last resort, which is taken only when there are significant problems such as intrauterine scar tissue, uterine septum or endometrial polyps.
4. IVF: IVF is an assisted reproductive technology. During IVF, the sperm is first retrieved, after which fertility medications are given to the woman so that the egg can be retrieved. Finally, the egg is fertilized on a laboratory dish and injected back into the mother or a surrogate mother.
It has been espoused in common knowledge that when you have inttercourse with your partner, it makes both of you feel happier, satisfied and contented. This helps bring you closer to each other and results in a stronger and better relationship. Sexual activities have a direct connection to your psychological well-being. However, the number of times you have sex isn’t as important as the quality of the time you spend with your partner.
Stressed out on sex!
Due to modern lifestyle and stress, young couples are increasingly finding it difficult to hit the bed together, thus putting sex on the backburner. Research states most young couples now consider sex as secondary, mechanical and monotonous, which can be kept for a later time. But that is not the sign of normalcy. You don’t need to do it daily, but 2 or 3 times a week is beneficial for a healthy body, mind, and relationship.
Some of the benefits of having regular sex
- Sex releases endorphins hormone which reduces stress and also lets you experience euphoria. This makes you feel satisfied and happy during the act and in general with your life.
- It is directly related to promoting attractiveness. During sexual intercourse, the body releases pheromones which make you look more attractive to other people.
- If you experience orgasms during the activity, you are most likely to have an enhanced life span due to the promotion of better circulation within the body.
- Sex acts as an excellent pain reliever due to the release of endorphins.
- Sex also helps you to have better control of your bladder by working out the muscles during an orgasm.
- It has also been shown to lower the risk of prostate cancer in men.
How much is too much?
These are just a few of the reasons sexologists and health care experts advise you to have intercourse often, at least twice weekly. You don’t need to do it regularly, as over indulgence will have negative effects too. It could also signal the start of problems with sexual addiction. Some of the negative effects of too much sex could be:
- It will lead to a detrimental effect on your sexual activity. You will find it difficult to get aroused often.
- You experience cramps on your body.
- You can experience difficulties in your bowel and urinary functions.
- You would be constantly distracted by the thoughts of sex which could lead to sex addiction.
It is best to stay within a limit, have fun with your partner twice or thrice a week and enjoy the health and psychological benefits of this natural marvel. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am 28 years old working woman. My menses is irregular. What should I do? I am married and I have no kids. My husband's sperm count is also very low. What should my husband do?
For the past few years, laser hair removal has been the gold standard in de-fuzzifying beauty methods, with the potential to end a lifetime of annoying tweezing, waxing and shaving practices. But considering the cost and long-term commitment, it’s not an easy decision to make lightly. Keep the following tips in mind before buying your first laser hair removal deal.
1. Make sure you’re a good candidate
Chances are that if you’re reading this, you’re eligible to experience the wonder of laser hair removal; the technology has advanced over the years to treat more and more types of people. Those with light skin and dark hair have the best chances at success (the laser light picks up on the colour contrast in order to zap follicles), but some clinics use different systems that may have improved chances at treating darker skin tones or lighter hair colours. Check to see what your clinic uses if you’re concerned about your skin-hair combination not being ideal.
2. Know that not all lasers are created equal
You may think laser hair removal is basically the same no matter where you go, but there are at least five major technologies currently available: IPL, Alexandrite, Diode, Nd:YAG and Ruby. They each offer different pros and cons: (for example, IPL is very popular due to its versatility and lack of discomfort, but may not work as well for thicker hair). Again, what’ll work for you depends a lot on your particular skin and hair type.
3. Do a background check
Laser hair removal is a shade more complicated than your standard spa treatment, so youll want to make sure the person behind the handpiece is fully qualified. We try to give you as much info as possible on each offers page, so reading those sections on our site fully before clicking the buy button is a great start. It also doesn’t hurt to do a quick Google search, check the clinics website or simply call them up to learn more about the operator’s education and experience.
4. Shave, but don’t wax, before your first visit
In the weeks leading up to your first treatment, nix all forms of hair removal that require pulling out the root, including waxing, tweezing and epilating. Switch to razors about four to six weeks in advance - some clinics will require that you shave right before treatment, while some others request that you have a bit of stubble (maybe up to three days worth) in order for the light technology to pick up on the strands. Make sure to consult your clinic to see what prep work they will want you to do.
5. Avoid the sun
Since skin colour has a big impact on how effective the laser treatment can be, getting a golden tan right before your visit is clearly a bad idea; the closer the skin colour is to the hair, the less likely the laser can differentiate between the two. Most docs recommend completely protecting the area from sunlight 72 hours in advance, or more if possible. The area will be sensitive afterward as well, and it’s often recommended to stay out of the sun or wear sunblock for up to a month or two after treatment.
6. Expect a small amount of irritation
Having powerful lasers aimed at your body sounds like it could be rough, but thankfully its usually not. People often describe the sensation as feeling like a rubber band popping at your skin, and machines that use a cooling handpiece tend to mitigate discomfort overall. Basically, if you can handle waxing, you should be more than able to handle laser hair removal. Afterwards, it’s fairly standard for the area to be red, but this should subside after a few hours or a day.
7. The results won’t be instant
Shaving and waxing are quick, temporary fixes, but laser hair removal requires you to play the long game. Hair wont disappear instantly after the first treatment; it gradually falls out in the preceding weeks, and requires roughly four to 10 visits to be fully eradicated. Additionally, visits have to be scheduled about four to eight weeks apart for your safety, and the number of visits may depend on your own skin type and hair growth. But if you’re willing to be patient and stick with it, youll wind up with long-lasting, potentially permanent results.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I am six months pregnant, I want to know sometime I feel pressure lower there nd I get terrified that something is going to drop. Is it really weird at this stage. I just had my anomaly usg nd everything is normal. Nd also I feel my baby only n the right side. My placenta is left lateral grade 1.
Quit eating junk food and high-fat fast food. Your heart, brain, and overall health are harmed by foods high in saturated fats, salt, and cholesterol. There's no getting around it. You've got to replace them with healthy foods: lots of fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts, olive oil -- what we call the mediterranean diet. Eat like an Italian, a Spaniard, a greek! enjoy!
Your teeth may be hurting your sex life without you even knowing it. A new preliminary study from Taiwan suggests there is a link between a deflated penis and poor dental hygiene. The study found that men with erectile dysfunction were 79% more likely to also have chronic periodontal disease (CPD).
If you aren?t familiar with CPD it is an infection of the gums. The gums pull away from the teeth, creating deep pockets that carry tons of bacteria, eventually spreading to the bone.
MUST READ: 5 Foods That Increase Sperm Count
The gum disease causes chronic inflammation which can ultimately damage the endothelial cells, which form the lining on all of the blood vessels, including those in the penis. Damaged endothelial cells can result in impartial blood flow, resulting in a not so satisfying night in the sack.
Urologist Larry Lipshultz, M.D. Said in Men?s Health, ?Because the blood vessels to the penis are about 25 percent the size of the ones to the coronaries, ED can often serve as an early warning sign for heart problems and vascular disease.?
Thankfully, if CPD is caught in its early stages, it can be addressed with a few deep cleanings from a dentist. Later discoveries may result in gum surgery, or even worse, tooth extraction. It?s very important that precautionary measures are taken ahead of time, by simply exercising good daily dental hygiene.
According to Sally J. Cram, consumer advisor for the American Dental Association, ?Most people who have the disease don?t feel pain until it is in the advanced stages so be sure to see your dentist if you experience red swollen gums, bleeding gums when brushing, bad breath, loose teeth, and receding gums.?
Regarding online consultation there are certain points which all should know and follow.
1) The description of the diseases should be complete in all respects, including any tests done and any medicines already taking. Just saying I have diabetes since 10 years and taking Metformin cannot help a discerning doctor a scientific advice.
2) Your place and name and mail id and phone number should be in the question. It is necessary at times to know where you stay to give a good advice. (For example if there the climate is warm or cold and many other factors)
3) It is necessary to keep in regular touch for some diseases like diabetes and hypertension. So make it a point to be in touch by asking private questions. And repeat the essential point of the previous question to give a continuing answer. All these are said with intention to give a scientifically correct answer and talk as if in a regular consultation about which I am very keen to.
4) For personalised attention and follow up ask privately and it is better to make online payment if you are asked to by the doctor. It involves his time and dedication to give you expert advice after studying your problem. Ask personally in case of doubts about any medical matter. Www.Lybrate.Com/drsajeev
If you are willing to accept me as your regular health care giver / doctor I can give you regular, prompt,
well studied and scientific answers for all your medical problems, which you ask me privately in this site. Sorry to say I will ask for a small payment for my efforts and intelligently studied answers. Regards. Www.Lybrate.Com/drsajeev
Ask privately. It is essential and useful to have a doctor answer your doubts online as it time spent in going to a clinic. Majority of diseases can be treated by online by consultation with an experienced doctor and does not need physical examination. You can use this site and ask me privately
*if you are speaking to someone on mobile, you can keep moving around while talking.
*if you are on laptop, take breaks from time to time and move around.
* take stairs instead of going by lift.
*park your vehicle some distance away from your destination point and walk the short distance to and fro.
*spend part of your weekend time in physical exercise and any other physical activity.
Most important- realise that your efficiency will go down soon if you neglect your health.