Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
Im asking this question for my would be husband. He is 31 years old. 6 months before doctors found he is diabetic. Suggested istamet 50/500. He stopped using that tablet after 1 month. He controlled his blood sugar. From last 2 months his sugar level is between 130-150. He has lots of stress about our marriage. Is diabetics affect our sexual life? Which tablet should he taken for diabetics? His mother also a diabetic patient. He is not using any medicines now.
If my sugar fasting is 140 and after breakfast two hour it is 150 still can I control with diet or medicine is compulsory.
I am suffering from type ii diabetes mellitus. On insulin which precautions should I take for insulin resistance or say insulin antibodies.
Hi, I got a thyroid gland in the right side neck, checked with doctor and they said as need to operate, but I am looking for some other way to reduce the gland, please help me.
Hello Dr. Am eating 2 bananas daily night before sleep. I eat only elaichi banana (yelaki in Tamil). Is it good for health. Will this increase a sugar level in body? Wanted to prevent diabetes. Till now I do not have diabetes. But my father has. So to prevent, am asking. And also please suggest me what other foods will prevent diabetes.?
My age 45yrs, height 5" 9, weight 72kg, I am type 2 diabetic since 1 year, my hba1c levels are 8.8, 6.6, 6.4, following by every 4 months, yesterday hba1c levels is 7.1, daily I do jogging, walking, diet control. Why there is increased a1c level. At present I am no medication, please. Suggest me if medication needed or can I still continue with out medication?
I am 35 years old I want to know about my mother diabetes problem she is 58 yrs. Is it necessary to take insulin injection ever day or ant tab to cure her disease any electronic media attached to her body can control the glucose level.
I am diabetic since 1998. My age is 65, blood sugar about 130 fasting, and about 200 after meal. At present I take glypride 2mg bd, roimet 850, bd, poiz 15 od. Now I have ed problem pl advice. Blood test done on 04/04/2015. Hba1c is 6. 6%, average blood sugar is 143 my bilirubin total is 0. 97, bilirubin direct is 0. 3. Is it high. Bilirubin indirect is 0. 67. Pl analyze above report and suggest
I wants to lose weight of 15 kg I am hypothyroidism patient having tsh 3.32 taking 75 mm tablets daily.
I am 54 yes old. Having blood sugar. High pressure. From last three yes I have noticed that a period of few days come after every 40 to 50 days. At that moment I won't like anything Even meal. Only at that time want to keep mum.
I am dibitic patient from 2007 I take 15 unit morning n 15 unit night my fasting is 171 and pp is 257
Dear doctor my father is 56year old and he is a diabetic and he can't Walt and he is always sleepy for he's daily activity we should take care please tell me what to do to change his life style. I took him to the top most hospitals but no use.
Hello. I am 37 years old lady with hypothyroid want to reduce weight. Give me a diet plan. I do 45 min walk and meditation daily. My weight is 85 kg. How can I reduce fast ?
Simple sugar is also known as monosaccharide, is the basic unit of carbohydrates. The simplest forms of sugar are usually colourless and crystalline and exist in forms of glucose, fructose and galactose. Simple sugar is deemed to be a major concern according to all health nutritionists.
Here are five reasons why you should avoid them:
- Sugar is the biggest cause of obesity: Sugar present in all kinds of junk food is considered to be the biggest cause of obesity as fructose easily converts into fat inside your body. Consuming too much sugar can put too much pressure on your liver as it is responsible for converting fructose into fat. Large amounts of sugar are directly converted into fat, thus, putting you at a very high risk of becoming obese.
- Increases risks of contracting heart diseases: Consuming too much sugar throughout the day causes a hike in your insulin levels which can further affect your nervous system. An excess of sugar in your blood stream also causes your blood pressure to rise which makes you more likely to get a heart stroke. Thus, to avoid cardiac problems at a young age, you must cut down your sugar intake.
- Weakens immune system: Sugar is a major reason for inflammation which affects the central immune system adversely. With an excess intake of sugar, the body becomes less effective in dealing with infection and common cold because phagocytes (white blood cells) cannot do their job properly of engulfing dangerous bacteria. Thus, you should aim at boosting your immune system by cutting down on sugar completely.
- Sugar can make you age faster: The sugar content in your body creates molecules known as AGEs (Advanced glycation end products) which attack the fibres in elastin and collagen (the building blocks of the cells on your skin). A study also proved that consuming too much sugar can result in acne as the collagen in your skin weakens. Thus, to maintain youthful looking skin for longer, you should remove sugar from your diet completely.
- Sugar can be addictive: Most people who consume too much sugar get addicted to it. According to a study, the addiction to sugar is very similar to addiction to tobacco and drugs. You might start craving sugar and depending on it to change your mood more often than required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.