Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay RaoYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I am 36 years old man. My xray report says maxillary sinusitis and my ct scan says that minimal ethmoid sinusitis and my nasal septum is deviated. Which is correct. Im taking montelukast in night and drops for nose. I am continuously having dull pain and pressure in my cheek area. Kindly help to reduce my pain. I do not have problem to rake food, drink water and to speak. It hurts me. 2 or 3 doctors changed tablets but I do not have relief. How many days sinusitis pain will remain? Please help me.
Had sex in 1st week of august. Periods came right on time around 26th of august and were normal. Took a urine test on 4th of September, which came negative for pregnancy. But I have been feeling dizzy ,light headed and fatigued all the time since last month. There is no feeling of nausea. Even consulted an ENT doctor for diagnosis ,but nothing came up. Also there is problem in digesting food and m passing gas after every meal. Should I get a blood test done for HCG or consult some other specialist?
Meri age 31 years old hai mere dono kaan 15 saal ki age se behna shuru ho gye the but maine iska ilaaz nahi karwaya lekin ab check karwane pr pata laga ki dono kaan ke parde phate hue hai or change karwane k liye kaha Main iski cost janna chahta hu.
I am having cough from last few days now its turned up in fever and running nose with a lot pain in my body muscles also there is a sore throat. Please advice me what should I do?
I am 43 years old male sir i am suffering from sleep apnea the snoring problem what should I do? please advise.
Dear sir, Me jab bhi kuch bolta hu to beech-2 me meri Awaaz dab si jaati he .ye tab jyada hota he jab me emotionally ya anger me kuch bolta hu. Ye kai saal se he kya ye koi throat me problem he ya it's just normal pls. If there is any medicine please suggest me thanks.
My age is 30 years Married men who don't have habits of chewing tobacco or pain throat is always sore/ dry. My voice is also like teen age boy. So please suggest me some good healthy tips to make my voice good and clear.
Any ailment can cause a breakdown of one's overall well-being due to the onslaught of related symptoms, and sinus problem is no different. Sinusitis refers to inflammation or swelling of the tissue that lines the sinus, which are passages filled with air and lie in the nasal tract.
Sometimes, these passages get blocked with germs, fluid and other elements that can give rise to infections and allergic reactions. Here are the ways in which this condition can affect your health:
- Related ailments: One of the most common outcomes of sinus blockage is common cold, which can happen when the passages do not get proper movement of air. Further, it can also cause allergic rhinitis which is also known as hay fever and comes with its own set of symptoms like a runny nose, blocked nose and ears, watery eyes and other signs. A build-up of nasal polyps can also take place in the blocked path of the sinus, while the nasal cavity can also shift, causing a deviated septum.
- Pain: We have many sinuses that are located in various parts of our head, including the areas above and below the eyes. As a part of the sinus attack, one may experience pain and fluid fullness in these areas. These regions can ache when there is a sinus infection. This pain can also be caused by the dull pressure exerted by inflammation, and the pain can then travel down to jaws, teeth and even between eyes.
- Headaches: The constant pressure and persistent pain in the various areas containing the sinus can lead to long term headaches which will be at their worst in the mornings. This is due to the fact that the fluids have been accumulating throughout the night. These headaches can get worse if there is a change in the temperature.
- Congestion: Congestion is also a common symptom of sinus infection. The swollen sinuses can lead to constrictions in the nasal passage, which can obstruct normal breathing. This will lead to congestion, which can also affect the senses of taste and smell.
- Cough and discharge: A patient suffering from a sinus infection may end up blowing his or her nose more often than normal. This will usually happen because a yellowing greenish discharge will drain into the nasal passages on a regular basis during the infection. When this discharge bypasses the nasal tract and reaches the throat, it can also cause persistent coughing. It is best to ask for medical intervention and practice steaming to relive the painful symptoms of this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
Sometimes when I eat hot or spicy food I feel some mint feeling in my throat, what could be the cause. Please help.
I am 22 years old what my problem is I crossed 22 years now and my voice is still like a baby is there anything I need to do for a better voice.
Nose bleeding happens because of presence of large amount of blood vessels in the nose and the reasons for nose bleeding are often nose picking, low levels of Vitamin K, cold and allergies and nose membrane getting dry along with so many other reasons. But there are ways with the help of which it can be prevented and stopped.
Let's first learn how it can be instantly stopped.
- Sit comfortably: When your nose starts bleeding, you should sit in a comfortable position. Do not stand or lie down because in these positions, blood may pass on to your throat which could be harmful. Tilt your face forward and let a piece of cloth soak in all the blood.
- Hold the nose: During nose bleeding, one should hold and pinch the nose for at least 10 minutes continuously. If it still doesn't stop bleeding then hold it for 5-7 minutes more. Holding or pinching the nose is necessary because bleeding can stop if direct pressure is put on nose for a longer time.
- Apply ice: Applying ice can be a great way of instantly stopping nose bleeding. Ice usually compresses and tightens the blood vessels because of which bleeding stops. Ice should preferably be applied on cheeks and nose. Alternatively, you can keep the ice in your mouth also for short intervals.
Nose bleeding can be prevented by taking the following measures :
- Elevate the nose while resting. Take 2-3 pillows while sleeping.
- Do not blow or scratch your nose forcefully.
- Keep your blood pressure in control because it will help in preventing nose-bleeding to a great extent.
- Avoid smoking because it delays the healing process.
- Make sure the room you sleep in isn?t dry. Keep a check on humidity of your room.
- Need to take special care in winters because the nose membrane gets dry mostly in winters.
- Drink plenty of water and citrus food to keep your nose moist and avoid milk, wheat and fried food.
- Do not overuse cold and allergy medicines. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ENT-specialist.