Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay JacobYour feedback matters!
There is a wisdom tooth growing towards the end in the right side of my mouth, and I think because of which I am getting a swollen bump in that area of mouth, with little white patch, and a teeth shaped cut (very small)
My daughter is 7 year old after fall of milk teeth, front 2 new teeth developed but it there is much more gap between 2 teeth and this teeth is slightly inclined outwards, please suggest let us know clips treatment is required and what age it should be done, can we start treatment immediately ?
I am 28 yrs. Old. I am facing mouth ulcer since last three years. Before or after my period I am facing a lot up to 10-12 days. What is the reason? I can't eat anything during this. Please suggest.
Hi sir my friend teeth are going yellow colour daily almost he tried all tooth paste but no result help me.
Hi, I am 38 years old female, I have hair loss and back pain and tooth loss from 5 years what should I do doctor?
I got root canal done in one of my teeth last year, but I am not able to eat with this teeth, it pains after 2-3 days and there is so much of swelling in gums around.
Puberty, Menstruation, Pregnancy, use of birth control pills and Menopause cause hormone surges that leads to sensitive bleeding gums and even cavities.
Call 8121 53 53 53 for preventive check up.
Dear Doctor, It is 2 and half months now. Had a feeling of mouth, upper tongue and tongue drying. Met a doctor who administered some alopathic medicines. After taking medicines for about 3-4 days hives started coming out throughout body. Went on changing physician to dermatologist but no respite. Whatever medicine being prescribed hives with itching is persisting. Please advice some treatment which may not aggravate my problem rather give some soothing effect. Warm regards, SS Kaintura.
Chewing gum may be made popular as a style statement in the recent past, but in reality, it is as ancient as the Aztecs and the Mayans, who had the habit of chewing gum or bark. Over the years, numerous studies have been conducted to deep-dive into its benefits, and it has been found to be very beneficial.
With the recent fad of foods going sugar-free, chewing gums also left the sugar in them out.
For routine regular oral care, it is advisable to brush and rinse after each meal. However, in cases when one is not at home, this becomes a practical challenge. A good option is to chew a sugar-free gum after each meal, so that decay and gum disease are reduced to a large extent. This can be supplemented with a brushing or flossing as soon as it becomes available.
In addition to avoiding sugar load, there are other benefits of chewing sugar-free gum as listed below:
- Kills microorganisms: It is believed that chewing sugar-free gum for about 10 minutes can kill up to 100 million bacteria in the mouth.
- Stimulates production of saliva: The jaw movement that happens with chewing gum increases saliva production and flow. This helps in diluting the acids in the mouth, flushing out plaque, and removing food particles that are lodged in various areas.
- Prevents decay: With improved salivary flow, the chances of dental decay are delayed. Studies comparing pH of the mouth before and after chewing gum have confirmed that sugar-free gums reduce the acidic level of the mouth, which is conducive for tooth decay. There is no actual sugar in the gum, thereby one of the factors required for decay is eliminated.
- Xylitol: One of the main ingredients in sugar-free gums, it is shown to reduce the amount of bacteria that lead to decay in the mouth. This is an ingredient from fruits and vegetables and so good for the overall health.
- Improves digestion: As is well known, the first step of digestion begins in the mouth. With improved salivary flow and increased chewing, food is digested to a greater extent leading to reduced incidence of acid reflux.
- Boosts logic and memory: Chewing gum stimulates blood flow to the brain and stimulates the neural pathway. This has multiple benefits including improved memory, improved alertness and logical skills, reduced anxiety, and improved learning and memory.
- Saves money: With all these benefits, especially reduced incidence of gum disease and tooth decay, it is estimated that a lot of money spent on dental treatments is saved.
So, the next time you see the sugar-free gum at the billing counter, there is no need to think too much about it, go for it!!