Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Sangita SanthoshamYour feedback matters!
I have problem of gastritis and also panic attacks. When my stomach is full with gas I am afraid and tension, stress is my problem some doctor's says you visit psychologist so give psychologist answer to me.
I was preparing for govt exams but could not cleared any one in the last 2 years and now i am working at a very low salary. Meanwhile i got married and in that low salary. I always 24*7 thinking about how i gonna make my life better. I am really really depressed throughout the day and never discussed with any one.
How to improve concentration on anything I am not able to concentrate on any thing what to do I am feeling so lazy.
I have a 12 year old boy with klin (chromosome xyx) syndrome. He cannot speak and walk. He can manage a wheel chair. Active to some extent. Only one testis is visible. Head is slight; y bigger. Fair and lovely. Where can I get right treatment for such a child and what is that?
I am suffering from loss of concentration. I am not able to concentrate on my studies from past 1 year. What are the reasons behind this. I am feeling some sort of depression and loss of confidence also. Please help me to get out of this.
We are giving dizol 250 mg giving daily half tablet to my father as he is alcoholic person. What are the common side affects. Is this very harmful for my father.
I am 22 years old I have a fear of giving company to my friends but some times its ok for me to handle, its much difficult for me to explain things in front of public and its killing my life and I am in real trouble.
I am suffering from mental problems and depression I feel too lonely sometimes and I sometimes lose my senses please help me to sort out my problem.
What is the solution of control of sex in my body. I am feeling more sex daily. I want to do sex any time. H How to I control it.
Hello! i'm 20 yrs old. I always have negative thoughts in my mind. I even get pissed for silly things. And i'm over possessive over people close to me! this makes ma relations worst wit all. All dis is effecting ma studies. Neither i'm able to take decisions in ma life bout my further studies. I wanted to know if this is a mental disorder and suggest me what should I do in dis case. Please help. Thank you.
I am a 36 years old female. From past few months my mind is not free its getting disturbed by every small incidence. I have started getting suspicious with my own people. There are problems at my home considering my relation with my husband is not so cordial due to which I am all time stressed. But in recent months this suspicion has started killing me. I am not happy at all with this condition. Please help.
There are instances when a kid doesn’t show the usual signs of development compared to their peers. Most parents take it casually thinking that their child will catch up in due course only to find a larger problem associated with it. It is therefore extremely important to discuss speech and language related delays with a medical practitioner to find out whether a child is immature or has a genuine problem which requires medical help. A child can show different signs as per age:
Different age group:
- Within the first 12 months, a baby should be able to relate to his environment and make babbling and cooing sound. It is often observed that by month 9, a baby is capable of stringing sounds after seeing things. If a baby is intently watching objects, but is unable to make any sound, this may be an early symptom of speech or language related problem.
- Between the 12th and the 15th month, a baby should be capable of making a wide array of sounds including few commonly used words. Babies should also be able to take few basic instructions and oblige those.
- Between the age of 18th and 24th months, a baby becomes smart enough to pronounce anywhere in the range of 20 to 50 words. They also start combining words and make simple sentences. They should be capable of identifying common objects and remember their names.
- By the age of 3, a toddler should be smart enough to combine 4-5 words and form sentences. Kids of this age also become smart enough to take straightforward instructions and perform them comfortably. Any deviation on this should be immediately reported to the Doctor.
What are the warning signs?
If a child between the age of 1-2 is not able to do the following things:
- Fails to use gesture
- Use more gesture than vocalising by the age of 18 months
- Produce no voice by 18th-month
- Fails to perform simple instructions
A child between the age of 2-3 needs evaluation if:
- Capable of imitating words but isn’t spontaneous in vocalising
- Repeats certain words multiple times
- The tone of voice is unusual compared to his peers
Possible causes of speech and language delay:
- Problems with palate leading to oral impairments
- Short frenulum restricting sufficient tongue movement to produce speech
- Oral-motor problems leading to speech limitation
- Problems related to hearing
- Chronic infection of the ear leading to speech delay
What does the pathologist assess?
- What can the child speak?
- What can the child understand?
- Oral-motor status
- Clarity of speech
Post the above evaluation a pathologist directs a plan of action. Sometimes speech therapy sessions are recommended in order to improve kids’ skill. For a motor related problem, a doctor can state a plan of action and limit the expectation of parents. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Speech Therapist.