Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeetha VisweswarYour feedback matters!
My wife is now 9 weeks pregnant, since last 4 weeks she is suffering from excess saliva constantly in her mouth all day, doctors said its due to hormonal changes, please can you let me know how long it lasts and is there any remedy for that. Thanks in advance.
Can I sex with sex worker using condom? A protected sex and I sucked her boobs and nipples should. I get HIV from kissing breast.
Helo Dr. Mere periods dealy ho rhe hai last 1 year se periods circul thik krne ke liye muje kya krna hoga?
I am 27 years old, and have pcos. I have had my first miscarriage at the age of 19, then could, t get pregnant until 2012. Luckily I got a little beautiful princess, now 4 years thanks God for that. After her I had miscarriage at 9-10 weeks, then got pregnant with my son (pergo baby) everything was going well until week 19, went for ultrasound and he was diagnosed with Hydrops. We went for second opinion all the chromosome results came negative. I missed at 27th week and had stillbirth 1st jan 2015, the autopsy report said he had some heart defects. It was very devastating to miss him. After that got pregnant with pergotime (clomid) at 10 week found out that it was blighted ovum, had medical abortion at 12 weeks. After this nothing happened, and we went for Ivf and got two embryos fertilized but hcg came negative. After all these heartbreaking attempts I became naturally pregnant in september. I and my dear husband were very happy that God has blessed us with an other child. This was a beautiful surprise as my older daughter, but in 12th week the baby had Cystic Hygroma 5 mm. We went for amino. All the chromosome, blood tests came negative. The doctors can't find any heart og other organ defects. I need to go through fertility treatments and get a second opinion. Is there any hope for me. I need help, kindly if you know any one who is expert and has worked with such cases I would like to talk to them. Kind Regards.
I am 5 month pregnant. Its my first time and do not know anything about that what I have to do what I have to eat what excess I have to do can you suggest me something for my baby health.
Last period date june 1st Unprotected sex 19 june Ipill taken on 19th evening Will I be pregnant? Worried and feeling tensed.
I am a 25 years old pcos patient. My weight only 36 kg. So which product use for weight grain please tell me. Please suggest me.
After 7 weeks of elective L. S.C. S lump has been developed in umbilical midline. I have done usg and reports saying minimal subcutaneous collect in suprapubic region and in infra umbilical midline. After 2 days of usg suddenly pus has been discharging from c section scar. I have reported all that my gynaecologist and they have given me antibiotics. Please suggest me what to do.
My wife is pregnant for two months and she vomits twice in a day. Is it normal, What care should take?
Hey .is it safe to eat abortion kit again 2 Tme. May I got pregnant again Whn I am ready for my pregnancy .is it safe to use abortion kit again and again. How can I abort 1mnth pregnancy at home? Or I should get medical abortion to stop this pregnancy?
Breast cancer is a type of a cancerous infection that develops in the skin cells of the breast. This condition is more commonly diagnosed after you have skin cancer and is more common in women than men. There are certain signs to identify this disease, which are as follows.
1. Breast lumps - Lumps are patches of skin that occur due to the thickening and swelling of the skin. Breast lumps is a very common phenomenon for women but that does not always lead to a breast cancer; however, frequent and reoccurring instances of the same increases the risk of breast cancer. A breast lump is easily identifiable through the naked eye as it looks different from the surrounding tissues.
2. Blood discharges - The nipple is one of the most sensitive areas in the human body. In case of women, it is meant to emit milk during pregnancy, in order to feed the infant externally. A probable symptom of breast cancer can also be a frequent discharge of blood from the nipple without any visible damage or injury.
3. Breast changes - If you are experiencing any visible changes in the size, appearance or shape of the breast, then it is an indicative sign that you may have breast cancer. Thus, it is of paramount importance that you observe, touch and physically examine your breast regularly for changes. If there is any major change detected then it is advisable to consult a doctor.
4. Inverted nipple - The tip of the nipple is generally bulging and pointing outwards both in cases of men and women. But sometimes the tip of the nipple is pushed inside due to excessive suction caused by the skin tissues present inside the breast around the nipple area. This suction forces the nipple to grow inwards which is abnormal and might harm the breast and skin in various ways.
However, apart from these main symptoms, some other signs are also there that increase your chances of being diagnosed with breast cancer. They are redness or pitting of the skin over your breast like an orange, peeling or scaling of the pigmented area around the nipple, dimpling of the skin on the breasts, and such others.
Sir my wife has sugar of 260 is there any chance that our baby get diabetes during pregnancy. Now she is not pregnant.
Most couples dream of holding their first-born in their arms. But there are others who also dread the prospect of taking such a responsibility. Some are not sure and some cannot wait. It's important to know the fact that life certainly changes forever the moment a small bundle of joy enters your life. And there are many factors involved.
If you wish to know if you and your partner are ready to have a baby, check for these points:
1. You're excited
The first sign that you need to look out for, and which points out that you're ready to start a family of your own is you're eager and excited to welcome the newest addition. Reading baby books and blogs, thinking of ideas on how to decorate the room for your baby, or keeping yourself up-to-date on the latest parenting news may be certain signs that indicate your eagerness to have a baby of your own.
2. You're financially ready
Another indication that you may be ready to welcome a baby in your family is when you have every financial aspect sorted out, including investments and savings. The ideal financial plan should be such that you're able to add to your savings as well as build up a retirement corpus while still being able to sustain the lifestyle that you and your partner would like. Most importantly, sticking to the financial plan is as important as coming up with one.
3. You can empathise
A quality that every would-be parent needs to have is empathy. The ability to put yourself in another person's shoes is vital before you can bring another human being into the world. You and your partner may have different empathy levels, which you need to know beforehand as parenting also involves empathising with your child's pain fears, needs, and worries and so on.
4. You're ready to make a professional sacrifice
Having a baby also calls for making a professional sacrifice as looking after a baby is not an easy task. You or your partner may have to take a long break from work. It's, therefore, vital to see where you and your partner stand in your careers.
5. You have support
Having experienced people around you or people you can trust can help ease the days that usually follow on the arrival of this newest visitor. Your support could be in the form of your parents or in-laws who can look after your child while you go for work or take rest. Other support systems that you can consider are day care.
Above all, you need to be the best version of yourself before taking on this additional responsibility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
When tissues that usually grow inside the uterus, start growing outside the organ, it is called endometriosis. Painful periods, pain during sex, pain while urinating or bowel movements, extreme bleeding, fatigue, infertility, diarrhea, bloating and nausea are some of the symptoms of endometriosis.
Treating endometriosis usually depends on the following factors
- Severity of symptoms
- Severity of the disease
- Future plans for children
Depending on these the doctor might opt for any of the following treatments
- Medication for Pain: If the symptoms are mild, then the doctor will prescribe some pain killers like Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is effective, but once you stop them, your symptoms may come back. Some of the hormone therapies include:
- Hormonal Contraceptives: Birth control pills, vaginal rings and patches are useful in controlling the hormones that are responsible for tissue build-up outside the uterine cavity.
- Medroxyprogesterone: This drug stops menstruation, which in turn stops the tissue build-up and put an end to all the symptoms. But on the other hand, gaining weight, low bone production and depression are some of the common effects of this drug.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) antagonists and agonists: Hormones that stimulate ovaries are blocked by these. They bring down oestrogen levels and hence prevent menstruation.
- Danazol: This drug prevents menstruation and symptoms of endometriosis by blocking the hormones that stimulate the ovaries. However, Danazol may not be a favourable option because of its side effects. The drug should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Conservative Surgery: If you are trying to get pregnant, but you already suffer from endometriosis, then removing endometriosis surgically is a viable solution. Your uterus and ovaries will be preserved, which might increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Even suffering from severe pain might find relief from conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: In extreme cases, the only way to deal with the symptoms is to completely remove the uterus, ovaries and cervix. Since a hysterectomy means you cannot have children, it is kept as the last option for women in their reproductive age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I'm 22 years old. I have been dealing with acne since I'm 13. I had mild acne. I have irregular periods but no pcos. I recently consulted a dermatologist. She did mesoporation and prescribed hyaluronic acid gel twice a day, and metronidazole gel once at night and minocycline tablet once a day. But still I'm getting new pimples though I'm taking treatment since 4 weeks. What are the best ways to treat acne problem. Quickly.
Last month I had a thyroid test and my thyroid level is 4.6 How can we reduce the thyroid level? Does thyroid level have any impact in conceiving? I do not have family history of hypothyroidism. I have been asked to take tablet Throw ell to reduce thyroid level. Does it really help? And if not what is the natural way to cure the same?
Aging is a natural process that affects every aspect of wellbeing as one gets older. Be it physical health, mental health, emotional health or sexual health, aging has an impact on it all. The desire for passion and intimacy is one that does NOT recede with age and it is best to adapt to the changes that the body goes through for a more fulfilling experience.
Aging affects the sexual health of men and women in different ways. Furthermore, it has varying effects on men and women.
What are the physiological changes that affect sexual health in women?
The onset of menopause is a major factor that has several key consequences on the sexual health of a woman. It causes alterations in the functioning of the genital and reproductive organs. Once a woman hits the menopausal stage, the vagina tends to get shorter and thinner, with stiff and narrow walls. Vaginal lubrication also decreases. These changes are known to have an impact on the ability of a woman to derive pleasure from sex.
What are the physiological changes that affect sexual health in men?
The most common sexual problem that affects older men is erectile dysfunction. Also known as impotence, this leads to the inability to achieve or maintain an erection. Premature ejaculation is an added issue. The causes for male sexual problems that occur due to aging range from diabetes and obesity to conditions of the heart and vascular system.
What are the main causes of change in sexual health with age?
Following are a few examples of factors that affect sexual performance and health with increasing age:
- Decreasing hormone levels
- Chronic joint or muscular pain
- Development of illnesses or medical conditions
- Side effects of medication
- After effects of surgery
For many people, interest in sexual activity does not decrease with age. Getting older should not come in the way of enjoying sex. Having a deep and thorough understanding of the bodies of yourself and your partner as you both age and mature will play an important role in helping the two of you derive pleasure from sex and intimacy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!