Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sangeetha.S
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeetha.SYour feedback matters!
I AM MARRIED 4 MONTH AGO, LAST TIME MY PERIOD DATE IS 6th Feb 2016, BUT STILL NOW MY PERIOD DATE IS OVER, TODAY I AM TEST MY URINE BUT THIS RESULT IS NEGATIVE, SO PLEASE HELP ME WHAT CAN I DO?
I had sex my wife. And after24 hours she take unwanted72 pill. Here any chance she can pregnant? His period date is 14 dec but it s 21 dec but period is not come? please help me.
Chapatis are made using a soft dough comprising flour (whole grain common wheat)
- Chapati contains vitamins and minerals like magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, calcium and iron.
- Also contains zinc and other minerals which are good for our skin.
- Easily digested. This way, it is better to eat a chapati instead of rice.
- As the chapati is loaded with iron it is good for the hemoglobin levels of our blood.
- Wheat chapati helps in preventing constipation. Those who suffer from constipation can try a diet that includes chapati.
Hey , Me and my girlfriend had sex on his 3rd of period without condom before ejaculation so what are the chances of her to get pregnant and she can take contraceptive pill in between of periods. please help asap.
Sir I have face one problem. Mera question ye he ki me apni wife ke sath sex karne bad me uski vegina me Ejaculate karta hu or Hips or uske leg bhi uche rakhta hu lekine fir bhi enjculate hone ke baad sperm fastly baher aa jata he. Me esa kya karu jese Sperm Baher Na aa jaye. Or meri wife pregnet ho jaye.
I have baby boy. I am planning to 3 years for next baby. So what are the ways I follow. What is the best way you are suggested.
Hiii I'm 12 weeks and 1 day pregnant, from the starting of pregnancy my weight is 45 it is not increasing y? In 7 weeks 2 days I hv undergone with ultrasound my foetal heart is 150bpm, crl 1.17 cm, cx length 3.9 cms.and in 11 weeks 4 days I hv again undergone with ultrasound crl is 48. 4 mm,foetal heart is 180 bpm, cx length is 50 mm. But still my weight is 45 kgs wat might be the prblm and is my baby is in correct weight? Plzz ans mee.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
Male factor infertility is a common problem these days and it describes those couples that have failed to be pregnant owing to health issues of the male partner. While in most cases, people have a general misconception that infertility is related to female reproductive issues only, recent statistics say otherwise.
Various reasons can be attributed to male infertility which may range from low production of sperm to poor quality sperms, to abnormal morphology. Male factor infertility is also related to men who have normal sperm production, but it does not get transported to the vagina during intercourse.
Evaluating male factor infertility-
It is crucial to evaluate men who are suspected to be infertile through comprehensive checkups, physical tests, and numerous semen analysis. In certain conditions, additional tests and evaluations may also be required. For men with a severely low production of sperms, and poor sperm motility, it is important to consider karyotypic abnormalities. Male factor infertility was previously regarded as a contraindication to in-vitro fertilization since the presence of abnormal sperms may not be able to fertilize female eggs. But recent statistics show that there is an indication of IVF allowing fertilization and eventual live births in couples where the man has impaired sperms. IVF has shown commendable success in the treatment of such men.
When to consider IVF?
It goes without saying that IVF has benefitted many couples suffering from male factor infertility over a decade. Some of the most common problems treated by IVF include:
- Men having poor quality semen which may involve poor motility, low concentration and even poor morphology dealing with the shape of the sperm.
- Couples who have failed to conceive through normal intercourse and conventional infertility treatments.
- Men with non-obstructive and poor quality sperms can also benefit from the IVF process. Generally, such men produce sperm in a reduced quantity and also have an absence of sperm in their ejaculate. Some men who have undergone chemotherapy may also have compromised sperm quality as well as quantity.
- Men suffering from the congenital bilateral absence of the vas deferens or CBAVD are able to produce sperm but they do not have the vas deferens which is the outflow tract.
- Lastly, men who have undergone vasectomies and did not wish to undergo a reversal can obtain sperm that can be used in the IVF process.
Regardless of what’s causing infertility, it is important to consult an IVF expert to get through the process. IVF with the help of intracytoplasmic sperm injection is an advanced laboratory process in which a healthy sperm is injected into an egg for creating an embryo which is subsequently implanted into the uterus of the women. Besides the IVF treatment, medications and hormone therapy may also be used for altering high or low hormone level affecting fertility.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!