Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SangeethaYour feedback matters!
SIR I HAD ORAL SEX 1 YEAR 2 MONTHS AGO ND WITH A GIRL WHOM I DO not KNOW ND EVER SINCE I HAD HEALTH issues I had a very Bad Flu for 2 months and following Mouth ulcers, Gum bleeding, skin rashes, loss of energy, Stomach issues, Increased stomach mass. I took an hiv test after 2 months which was negative nd after 3 months my cbc tests were very clear and After starting work for a while again I had sore throat always and last month after an years time I Took Stds test which was all negative. During this one year Time I never had a viral. But again I got sick with viral and cough and also facing Erectile dysfunctions and my penis size has shrinked and I m not getting erections which I used to get earlier. please HELP ME OUT.
The treatment will depend on how severely the tooth was damaged.
Breaks can range from small chips to major fractures, so you might need a major procedure, a minor adjustment or no treatment at all.
A tooth has three layers: the enamel is the hard outer shell, the dentin is found under the enamel, and the pulp, which is the nerve centre, is at the core.
Minor chips are common, and involve loss of some enamel. Usually, little or no pain is felt,
But if enough tooth enamel is lost the dentin may be exposed which might cause sensitivity to cold.
The most severe breaks expose the pulp, which can cause extreme pain and even bleeding.
If you have a small chip in your tooth, make a routine dental appointment, and try an over the counter pain medicine for sensitivity as long as it is safe for you to take it.
More serious fractures should be evaluated immediately. Rinse your mouth out with warm water, cover the break with a piece of clean gauze to protect it, and see the dentist as soon as possible. Apply an ice pack to minimize swelling if your mouth or lips were injured, and avoid using aspirin for pain because as it increases the risk of heavy bleeding.
Even if your tooth is only slightly chipped, the dentist is probably going to take an x-ray of the damaged tooth and recommend being gentle with it for a few days.
A minor chip can often be smoothed out or repaired with white filling material, often without anesthetic.
Even when a break is severe, a tooth can almost always be saved with a permanent crown if the pulp is not damaged.
Postponing a crown or replaced filling that has been recommended can place the tooth at risk for a much more serious fracture- perhaps one that cannot be repaired. On those occasions when a tooth must be removed after a fracture, there are several options available for replacing the missing tooth – an implant is often the ideal choice for many people because it provides a permanent solution with a natural appearance.
Enamel loss is nothing but tooth enamel erosion and this is quite a pathetic kind of oral condition. If the eroded enamel does not get restored, then your oral condition will get deteriorated to a great extent.
Teeth enamel plays the most important role in protecting teeth and if this layer gets eroded, then your teeth will get heavily damaged. Your teeth will not only get eroded, but the real dental color will also get changed.
Why enamel erosion occurs?
- Drinking excessive hot or cold: Your enamel is very much sensitive to hot or cold food items and as a result of which email loss is invited.
- Having fruit drinks: Citric acid in the fruit drinks is the element that can cause enamel erosion.
- Sugary diet: Excessive sugary diet is the very prominent cause of this kind of dental condition and thus you should take more and more of non-sugary foods.
- Environmental factors: There are many environmental factors that are responsible for enamel loss, and they are corrosion, stress, tear, wear, friction and others.
- Medications: Few medications are there that can cause enamel erosion and these medicines are antihistamines, aspirin and many more.
- Gastrointestinal troubles: These kinds of troubles are prone to the frequent erosion of tooth enamel and thus these problems need to be resolved as soon as possible.
What are the leading treatments for restoring enamel loss?
- Using fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash: There are many talented dentists who are strongly recommending the usage of both fluoride mouthwash and toothpaste so that tooth decay can be easily prevented. These products are now commercially available over-the-counter.
- Routine dental check-up: Daily dental check-up is needed so that oral condition can be checked so that the causes and signs of enamel loss can be detected, and then only perfect treatments can be easily applied.
- Taking vitamin-D supplements: there are many drugs and supplements that are enriched with vitamin-D, and they can be taken on a regular basis so that decayed enamel can be easily restored in a safe manner. Coconut oil can be taken in addition to these supplements for getting greater oral benefits.
- Cosmetic restoration options: There are many enamel-restoration options that can be cosmetically performed. Some of the popular options are crowning, filling, and others. On the other hand, leading a healthy lifestyle is also very important in this regard.