Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. SaneemYour feedback matters!
I am facing canker sores on gums. Doctor told me its bcoz of vit B12 deficiency. What should I do to stop them reoccurring? They appears monthly and get recovered themselves. Kindly help me to get rid of this.
I am 18 years old. From january to up to know. I ate 40 to 50 white peppermint candies. Not every day. Maybe 3 or 4 days in in 3 months. Now I stopped eating mints am I will be alright. Did not have any teeth cavities up to now.
I am 24 years old, I have tooth bleeding more than two years and also swelling of gum and bad smelling from mouth. I visit many dentist, I did scaling, whatever they advise, brush changing, vertical brushing. But not response yet. I worried there must other reason, sometimes it is painful also. Please tell me what to do.
I am 25 years old meal I have a hair problem. Please tell me what I do and what should I do? I have another problem teeth problem. Tell what your suggestion?
I have bad breath, how to solve this. I'm brushing twice daily, I'm using listerine too. I have not visited a dentist yet, planning for it, Suggest me what to do.
I have pain in my right side teeth for mo re than 3 months so I don't mnow wat to do so please help me.
Yesterday I bought hexigel and used till today my chhala becomes 50% and the white part of chhala almost disappeared is this a good sign,
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.
My teeth became yellow any things not suit on him and sometimes bleeding And mouth smell was very bad, what I do help me sir.
Hello Dr. Agar 4 saal ke bachhe ke wisdom teeth Nikal rahe ho aur oh daant Dard se pareshan rahe to kya karna chahiye Any suggestions Any medicine please tell.
Hai sir I am sagarika am suffering from teeth pain from last 1 month and color also changed to little bit yellow so please give me the suggestion to solve this problem.
Dear Doctor, i am 47 years old. I am suffering mouth bad breath, pain on my right hand since long time. Presently I am suffering from much weak. Please advise me. Thanks & regards
Here are some tips for common dental emergencies:
• For a knocked-out permanent or adult tooth, keep it moist at all times. If you can, try placing the tooth back in the socket without touching the root. If that’s not possible, place it in between your cheek and gums, in milk, or water. Then, get to your dentist’s clinic right away.
• For a cracked tooth, immediately rinse the mouth with warm water to clean the area. Put cold compresses on the face to keep any swelling down
• If you bite your tongue or lip, clean the area gently with water and apply a cold compress.
• For toothaches, rinse the mouth with warm water to clean it out. Gently use dental floss to remove any food caught between the teeth.
• For objects stuck in the mouth, try to gently remove with floss but do not try to remove it with sharp or pointed instruments.
When you have a dental emergency, it’s important to visit your dentist or an hospital as soon as possible.
Here are some simple precautions you can take to avoid accident and injury to the teeth:
• Wear a mouthguard when participating in sports or recreational activities.
• Avoid chewing ice, popcorn kernels, beetle nut ( supari ) and hard candy, all of which can crack a tooth.
• Use scissors, NEVER your teeth, to cut things.
Most dentists reserve time in their daily schedules for emergency patients. Call your dentist and provide as much detail as possible about your condition.