Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sandhya ArunkumarYour feedback matters!
On March 3, I suddenly had mouth ulcer (may be due to fish bone). Then the doctor gave antibiotic for it. And after 2 days I had chill shiver and the next I had body rash covering my chest at ist and den face back and abdomen and hand and also legs and itchy rash with swollen lymph nodes near my ear. The swollen became normal within a week. From then I used to feel tired at times I used to have muscle twitched with localised body heats in different parts. Then I had pain in my muscles and joint which now became normal. And I have thus often, tightness feel in throat which goes away. But one thing was common, the tiredness, its always the same till now with muscle pain near the top right and left corners of my chest. In bright sunlight I have blurry visions. I showed doctor twice and and had to do cbc test, RA, widal test, urine test, hepatitis test which all came normal. All tests was done 4 months ago. Recently I did ANA test which came 1: 64 as negative. I just do not know why this malaise is not going. And yesterday I did CBC again. Where everything was fine and healthy except two. RBC count was 6.10 in the range 4.50-5.50 and MCV was low as 79 in the range 80-100 and the same thing was in earlier cbc test but one of the physician I showed, he said its normal.
My son is 11 months old n has 4 developing teeth. The upoer two teeth are black stained. The lower teeth r too small to observe any stain. Please advise how to remove/avoid stain. N also cause of the stain.
Hi doctor, I am having bleeding from when I brush the teeth in morning. What is the reason for it. What is precaution to eliminate this problem. From 2 days I got pain in teeth. Today I got swollen on left hand side of mouth where teeth pain. What medicine is there for teeth pain kill and make swollen out.
I am a 30 year old male & I have 2 problem wright now 1. Bad smell is coming from my mouth. 2. Hydraucil without surgery, is there any natural treatment.
I want to know the general cost of getting a braces. Its duration. Will it change the shape of my mouth?
I am 27 year old. My mouth and my body get bad smell. I am daily two times routine and bathing also. But smell is come usually. I am so irritate feeling. Pls help me. This problem so long time from childhood. Pls help me.
My teeth needs a root canal but I don't want any pain where can I get a dentist with numbness spray. I live at vasai, thane.
Sir, my daughter age 9 years, her milk teeths are not gone. Permanent teeths found, they are unable to come out. What should I do?
Hi doctor I am 18 yrs old. I am suffering from mouth ulcer after every 15 to 16 days so what can I do to overcome this problem permanently.
I have very yellow teeth and I want to get them cleaned. Can you please suggest any home remedy to get my teeth white back again.
Dear sir, I had recently undergone wisdom tooth extraction and was advised amoxycillin 625 for few days after that I am having mouth ulcers have taken b casolues but not benefitted from it please advise as my condition has agravated.
Periodontitis is a serious gum infection that damages the soft tissue and destroys the bone that supports your teeth. Periodontitis can cause tooth loss or worse, an increased risk of heart attack or stroke and other serious health problems.
Periodontitis is common but largely preventable. Periodontitis is usually the result of poor oral hygiene. Brushing at least twice a day, flossing daily and getting regular dental checkups can greatly reduce your chance of developing periodontitis.
In most cases, periodontitis is preventable. It is usually caused by poor dental hygiene.
Signs and Symptoms of Periodontitis
- Swollen gums
- Bright red or purplish gums
- Gums that feel tender when touched
- Gums that pull away from your teeth (recede), making your teeth look longer than normal
- New spaces developing between your teeth
- Pus between your teeth and gums
- Bad breath
- Bad taste in your mouth
- Loose teeth
- A change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
Factors that can increase your risk of periodontitis include:
- Poor oral health habits
- Tobacco use
- Older age
- Decreased immunity, such as that occurring with leukemia, HIV/AIDS or chemotherapy
- Poor nutrition
- Certain medications
- Hormonal changes, such as those related to pregnancy or menopause
- Substance abuse
- Poor-fitting dental restorations
- Problems with the way your teeth fit together when biting
If periodontitis isn't advanced, treatment may involve less invasive procedures, including:
- Scaling. Scaling removes tartar and bacteria from your tooth surfaces and beneath your gums.
- Root Planing. Root planing smoothes the root surfaces, discouraging further buildup of tartar and bacterial endotoxin.
- Antibiotics. Your periodontist or dentist may recommend using topical or oral antibiotics to help control bacterial infection.
If you have advanced periodontitis, your gum tissue may not respond to non-surgical treatments and good oral hygiene. In that case, periodontitis treatment may require dental surgery, such as:
- Flap surgery (pocket reduction surgery): The healthcare professional performs flap surgery to remove calculus in deep pockets, or to reduce the pocket so that keeping it clean is easier. The gums are lifted back and the tartar is removed. The gums are then sutured back into place so they fit closely to the tooth. After surgery, the gums will heal and high tightly around the tooth. In some cases the teeth may eventually seem longer than they used to.
- Bone and tissue grafts: This procedure helps regenerate bone or gum tissue that has been destroyed. With bone grafting, new natural or synthetic bone is placed where bone was lost, promoting bone growth.
In a procedure called 'guided tissue regeneration', a small piece of mesh-like material is inserted between the gum tissue and bone. This stops the gum from growing into bone space, giving the bone and connective tissue a chance to regrow.
The dentist may also use special proteins (growth factors) that help the body regrow bone naturally.
Odor smell is coming from my mouth. I want to get rid of bad smell that comes from my mouth. What should I do?
The outermost layer of the tooth is an 'enamel' which is NOT a living tissue and therefore it can’t repair itself. That's something your dentist has to struggle with!
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and click on 'Share'.