Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandhiya
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SandhiyaYour feedback matters!
Here are some few tips to get rid of these symptoms:
- High fiber diet: increase fiber in the diet by adding green veggies and seasonal fruits in your daily diet. Include fiber of both the kinds that is soluble and insoluble as it will help retain the water in the gut resulting in softer stools. Include cereals like daliya, oats, multi grain flour, etc in your diet.
- Avoid fried foods: keeping diet low in fat will not only keep your waist line in check but also keep your tummy healthy. Frying the food changes oil composition of the food which is harmful for stomach. So better go for grilled, baked, sauteed and steamed varieties of food.
- Lean meats: chicken and fish are easily digested as compared to mutton due to low fat content in them. Try chicken and fish varieties in the form of salads for daily requirement of proteins, vitamins and minerals.
- Pro-biotics and fermented foods: our digestive system has presence of good bacteria. They not only help in digestion and better nutrient absorption but also strengthen immunity.
- Regular intervals: for a healthy gut one should always eat on time and at regular intervals. The absorption of nutrients is higher. Also these helps in keeping the weight in check and also helps in increasing your metabolism.
- Water: it keeps you hydrated, helps in flushing out the toxins from body and ensures that one is not constipated. Make sure that it is cleaned and filtered properly otherwise contaminated water can harm the gut.
- Processed and junk food: due to urbanization and food technology advancement, our food is highly processed. Avoid refined and junk food as it contains maida and maida will cause constipation and other digestive issues. Refined and processed food also contains other food adulterates which are not good for body.
- Chew thoroughly: every bite you eat should be chewed properly. Enjoy the taste of the food without any distraction and stress. Small portion sizes help in aiding digestion process. Rather than eating large meals at one go. Smaller meals keeps the gut healthy.
- Avoid excess of alcohol, tea, coffee and packaged drinks as they interfere with the absorption of nutrients.
- Avoid distractions while eating.
Enjoy journey to health!
1. You can’t improve memory without physical energy. Have healthy food habits and timely meals. Eat nutritious food. Avoid processed food.
2. Physical exercise improves blood circulation to brain and improves clarity of thinking.
3. Concentrate on your task with enthusiasm. If the task appears difficult, tackle bit by bit.
4. Have good night’s sleep. Maintain timings.
5. Give task to your brain. Avoid idling.
6. Have breaks and enjoy a joke with your friends. Continuous slogging makes you lose interest in your task.
7. Be confident. You can DO IT!
For most people, the natural progression of life includes meeting a suitable partner, getting married and having children. However, for some people, this last part can be tricky. The inability to conceive children after having well timed, unprotected intercourse for a year is known as infertility. Infertility is not a disease, but can be managed in a number of ways, including hormonal treatment, in vitro fertilization, surgery and homoeopathy.
Homoeopathy is a holistic form of treatment that addresses the root of the problem and hence is a viable form of treatment for this condition. It treats the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs of a person. Homoeopathy treats infertility by:
- Regulating ovulation cycles
- Balancing hormones
- Increasing sperm count
- Reducing stress
- Dealing with anxiety and depression
- Reducing negative thoughts and emotions
The key to treating infertility is to determine the cause of this condition. To this effect you and your partner may need to be tested for hormonal problems, the condition of your fallopian tubes, uterine fibroids and sperm density. The results of these tests and your constitution will determine the best form of homeopathic treatment for you. Some homeopathic remedies used to treat infertility are:
- Sepia: This homeopathic remedy is useful in cases where the woman has a tendency to miscarry the fetus. It can also be used to treat a prolapsed uterus and vagina and to regulate ovulation. It can also be prescribed to enhance a man’s libido.
- Sabina: Women suffering from recurrent miscarriages may be treated with Sabina especially in cases where the miscarriage occurs in the third month of pregnancy. It is also prescribed in cases where periods are profuse and bright red in colour, and for women who suffer from inflammation of the ovaries and uterus after an abortion.
- Aurum: Infertility triggered by depression, and negativity can be treated with this homeopathic medicine. It is also beneficial in cases where an increased blood pressure is responsible for infertility. Additionally, it can help treat an enlarged or prolapsed uterus and painful swelling of the testicles.
- Phosphorus: If uterine polyps are the root cause of your infertility, phosphorus biochemic supplements can be beneficial. This supplement is also used in cases where anxiety and stress cause infertility.
These homeopathic remedies can be used on their own or in combination with other medicines. When it comes to homoeopathy, there is no one-size-fits-all remedy. Although it has negligible side effects, you should not self medicate to treat infertility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
If she have sex with her boyfriend with condom. Is it safe? And if by chance the condom gets torn then what should be done?
I have irregular periods. What shall I take care of? what items shall I exclude from my regular diet?
I am 25 years old girl, my right ovary shows multiple tiny peripheral cysts, I have missed my periods from last 2 months. I am having pain m my back and in lower stomach. I have also visited doc but not getting effect full solution. So kindly help me what to do.
Hello, I have been diagnosed with LABC -- locally advanced breast cancer (Stage 3C) I would like to know more about the tumour markers CA 15-3 ,CA 27-29 and CEA. I would like to know how many breast cancer cells must exist in the body to elicit a positive response --- 1, 5, 20 or a few hundred. If a single breast cancer cell can elicit a positive tumour marker response then these tests can be used after treatment (chemo, surgery and radiation) to see if any cancer cell has survived. Alternatively after treatment I can get my blood tested every two weeks to see if there is any recurrence. In other words I am looking for information about the SENSITIVITY of these tumour marker tests. Waiting for your reply (Female, 40 years)
Healthy lifestyle is a hot topic in the health industry today and why not? After indulging ourselves in unhealthy foods and sedentary lifestyles, our generation has become a heap of the obese population. This resulted in a number of diseases like Diabetes, hypertension, and heart diseases. So now when the bar rose above our control limit, we are desperately trying to solve things. And healthy lifestyle and healthy foods to eat are the two major pillars we need to build. In fact, a few healthy lifestyle tips can go a long way in improving your overall health and mental well-being.Therefore, in order to help you more in finding a variety of good health tips, we bring to you 5 major healthy lifestyle tips that you ought to know.
5 Recommended Healthy Lifestyle Tips
Morning is the best time for starting off a healthy day. Hence instead of the regular health tips of the day, we bring to you these 5 amazing healthy lifestyle tips to start your day with. Let the beginning be healthy itself!
1. Start the day with a glass of water
Drink water as part of a healthy morning routine
This should be a default morning routine for a healthy lifestyle. Water gives you a healthy start because it helps in proper circulation of nutrients in the body. Water serves as the body’s transportation system.
Amazing Roles of Water in our body
A. Helps in weight loss
Let us tell you that water doesn’t have some magical property that kills fat (sorry!), but it can help you with your weight loss efforts. First off, by staying hydrated, one can prevent overeating. That is because a lot of people confuse thirst with hunger! Isn’t drinking water better than eating high energy foods?
B. Flushes out toxins early on
It is a long known secret that drinking water as soon as you get up, i.e. before eating anything is a good way to purify your internal system. This practice helps to flush off the toxins from our body and cleanses the colon thus it enables better absorption of nutrients from various foods.
C. Helps in getting a glowing skin throughout the day
Water, the first thing in the morning, helps improve the skin glow by flushing off the toxins from the body. It also helps the skin do its job of regulating the body’s temperature through sweating, renewing the body cells.
2. Consume a healthy breakfast within the first hour of waking up
Consume a healthy breakfast within an hour of waking up
A healthy lifestyle has a lot to do with your meal timings. Since breakfast is the most important meal of a day, here’s the perfect tips for a healthy breakfast.
A) Best time to have breakfast: The optimum time to have breakfast is 7 am, or within the first hour of waking up.
B)Qualities of the breakfast: Breakfast should always be healthier, heavier, and eaten at earliest. Almost 60% of our total calories should come from our breakfast.
C)Start the breakfast with: A fresh fruit or vegetable juice after a glass of water is advisable. If you plan to consume both, you could do so. It is a nutritional double whammy. Eating fruits, the first thing in the morning, after a glass of water is highly advisable. That is because fruits may not be digested and absorbed properly if eaten right after a meal. Eating fruits/ drinking vegetable juice early could also reduce the number of carbs consumed in breakfast.
D) Follow up breakfast with: You can then add protein-rich items like egg or sprouts. Studies show that including eggs in breakfast can help you eat fewer calories for the next 3 hours. Which translates to losing more weight and body fat. If you can’t or don’t eat eggs for some reason, then any source of good quality protein should do the trick.
E) Some breakfast suggestions: After a protein-rich food, you can consume regular breakfast items consisting of complex carbs or healthy carbs such as pesarattu (moong dal chilla)/ idly/ wheat vegetable upma/ vegetable dosa/ red poha with vegetables etc.
3. Make some time for a morning exercise routine
15 minutes of morning exercise routine is important
We know morning could be a hectic time but try taking time out for at least 15 minutes of morning exercise for weight loss. It could something simple like spot jogging, planks, squats, or even a few Surya Namaskars. Try doing it every alternate day until it becomes you have a daily morning exercise charted out.
4. Don’t skip any nutrient group throughout the day
- A balanced healthy daily diet will keep you healthy
- A healthy lifestyle or a healthy living is very much about having all the food groups in your diet. With zero carb diet plans becoming popular for weight loss, one should know that every food group is important for the body.
- Carbohydrates are all about energy and are found in foods like fruits, grains, bread, and dairy products. They have wrongly implicated because they provide energy but they also provide both minerals and vitamins. Hence, we should not avoid this food group as a part of a healthy daily diet.
What happens when you completely skip carbohydrates?
If you stop eating carbohydrate, you rapidly lose water weight as your body breaks down the stored carbohydrates,” explains Darwin Deen, MD, Senior attending physician at Montefiore Medical Centre’s Department of Family and Social Medicine in the Bronx, New York. ” The problem is that a low-carbohydrate diet is not a normal balance of physiologic nutrition. As soon as you start eating carbohydrates again, your body replenished your carbohydrate stores and your weight comes back. So it is always advisable to have everything as per the required allowance.”
Consume more of fruits and vegetables: Aim to reach at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables in a day because that is the recommended amount to keep lifestyle diseases at bay.
5. Consume healthy snacks every 2-3 hours
You may have a healthy diet plan but as long as you don’t account for snacks, you may fail at leading a healthy lifestyle. How to counter this? Always have healthy, non-fried but baked snacks handy. If possible, you can make some yourself at home! That will prevent unnecessary snacking. In fact, frequently snacking with small healthy meals help in weight maintenance.
I am 23 y old house wife. I have pregnant from 1.5 month for some day before I am feeling twisted in my stomach (like that marode) & feeling less hunger. Today I have use acilo 150 mg tablet, after tablet use I am going toilet every after 5 minute & feeling cool.
If you have some kinds of heart or blood vessel disease, or if you have poor blood flow to your brain, your doctor may recommend that you take a blood thinner. Blood thinners reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke by reducing the formation of blood clots in your arteries and veins. You may also take a blood thinner if you have
There are two main types of blood thinners. Anticoagulants, such as heparin or warfarin (also called Coumadin), work on chemical reactions in your body to lengthen the time it takes to form a blood clot. Antiplatelet drugs, such as aspirin, prevent blood cells called platelets from clumping together to form a clot.
When you take a blood thinner, follow directions carefully. Make sure that your health care provider knows all of the medicines and supplements you are using.
I have a baby of 4 years, he has A+ blood group & I am AB-. My husband is O+. Is there any problem is 2nd baby.
I had sex with my bf on 20th may. I had ipill within 24 hours. But I did not get periods & my stomach is feeling tight.
Hi. I did not get my periods from 3 months. I did my blood test and urine test too. And I did my ultrasound as well. The doctor told me everything fine but my b12 is low so what should I do?
Hello respected Doctors. I'm 18 week's pregnant and suffering from Shoulder joint pain | neck and shoulder pain since 1 year ago. I have gone to many Doctors some of them advice me to take (Paracetamol 500mg tablet) take two tablets three times aday for 1 month. And some other Doctors advise me to take (Methylcobalamin 500mg injection) for 12 days. And some other Doctors advice me to take (Pregabalin 100mg tablet) take one tablet at bed time. And some other Doctors advice me to take (Vitamin D3). So dear respected Doctors I have taken all these medicines but there is no effect on my shoulders and neck pain. Same like before there is alot of pain on my Shoulders neck and spinal cord. And when there is alot of pain on my Shoulders and neck I use sometimes INDIAN MOVE CREAM. When I use this Cream it gives me some relaxation I fell little bit good then before. But again after sometimes I fell my shoulders neck pain and I start Vomiting. Dear Doctors sir believe me I became fatup with this kind of problem so please plz please I need your help please help me for my this problem.
Hi mam, this is Swathy! It's been one year one month since I got married but still I have not conceived. Still I didn't consult any doctor too. Me n my husband expecting every month but we are disappointed. Am getting my proper menstrual cycle. Please suggest me something.
It is said that dehydrated fruits offer same health benefits as that of fresh fruits, but differ slightly in mineral and vitamin content. Both fresh and dried fruits will provide you with fiber and antioxidants, which are beneficial for your health; however dried fruits usually lose a small percentage of their vitamins during the process of dehydration.
When you compare fresh and dried fruits, it’s great to make use of the standard serving sizes, which are 1 cup of fresh fruit and ¼ cup of dried fruit.
But when fruits lose their water content and eventually volume during the drying process, their sugar, calorie and nutrient content become concentrated. So when you consume a handful of dried fruits, there is an in-take of more calories than you would if you consumed that same quantity of fresh fruits.
Besides giving you a variety in taste and health benefits, both fresh fruits and dehydrated fruits have their own significance.
For instance, whereas dry fruits can offer you portability and a longer shelf life; fresh fruit as opposed to dry fruits contain higher amount of minerals and hence is a more nutritious choice than dried fruits.
If you are keeping a close watch on your weight, then dried fruits should not be eaten much as they contain considerably more calories in each serving than the fresh fruits. Dried fruits that contain sugar additives are high in calorie content, but the ones with low calorie content offer numerous health rewards:
There are some dried fruits which are a rich source of antioxidants, the Journal of the American College of Nutrition revealed. For instance, Phenol an antioxidant-type is found more in dried fruits such as figs and dates than in fresh fruits.
- High Fiber
Dried fruits are usually high in fiber content than the equal-sized serving of the fresh fruits. Fiber helps in running our digestive system smoothly and prevents obesity as well as cancer and heart disease.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!