Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SandhiyaYour feedback matters!
Last period ended on 10th of Feb 2015 and I had intercourse from 13th till 19th alternate days. And today I hve got my periods may I know the reason?
Breast cancer is one of the most feared diagnoses in women. When cancerous cells develop in a woman's breast, irregular lumps, changes in the shape or size of the breast and discharge of blood from the nipples may be experienced. There are lots of preventive measures that you can take to avoid breast cancer. It is important to live a healthy life with as less exposure to toxins as possible. Here are some tips and strategies that can lower your risk of breast cancer
- Plant based diet - Studies have shown that a high plant based diet, full of vegetables and fruits, is packed with antioxidants, minerals, and nutrients that lower the risk of breast cancer. Eat light, and avoid refined sugar and processed meat. Try to construct a healthy Mediterranean diet plan rich in olive oil and nuts.
- Maintain an appropriate weight - Do not gain extra weight as obesity and excessive weight gain are related to breast cancer. Cut down on fat and exercise regularly to lead an active life.
- Breastfeeding - If you are a new mom, breastfeed your baby as it has numerous health benefits for both you and your child, including lowering the chances of breast cancer in the mother.
- Sleep - It is important to get 8 hours of sleep every night to live a healthy life. Many studies have shown that a short duration of sleep and exposure to light at night that disrupts the circadian rhythm increases the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol - Do not smoke as it increases the chances of cancer in other organs and also leads to toxin inclusion in the body. Also, be sure to drink in moderation as excess alcohol consumption is cancer causing offender.
- Artificial hormones - Women during menopause often resort to hormone replacement therapy, and the extended use of this therapy can heighten the risk of breast cancer. Therefore, it is recommended to look for other options to smoothen your transition to the menopausal phase.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for cancer
Hii I want to know that if a girl have sex with one boy without protection and then does the same with another then will she get infected by HIV?
What happens to our bodies during sex
While most of us are sure that we like to have #sex, most of us also haven't spent much time thinking about what happens physiologically while we are engaged in the act.
When a person becomes sexually aroused and participates in sexually stimulating activities (intercourse, #masturbation, #foreplay, etc.).
The sexual-response cycle is divided into four phases: excitement, plateau, orgasm and resolution. There is no distinct beginning or end to each phase -- they're actually all part of a continuous process of sexual response.
Keep in mind that this is a very general outline of what happens to each of us as we become sexually aroused. There is much variation among individuals, as well as between different #sexual events.
Both men and women go through all four phases, except the timing is different. Men typically reach orgasm first during intercourse, while women may take up to 15 minutes to get to the same place. This makes the likelihood of simultaneous orgasm during intercourse a rare event
Phase one: excitement
This phase usually begins within 10 to 30 seconds after erotic stimulation, and can last anywhere from a few minutes to many hours.
Men: the #penis becomes slightly erect. A man's nipples may also become erect.
Women: vaginal lubrication begins. The vagina expands and lengthens. The outer lips, inner lips, clitoris and sometimes breasts begin to swell.
Both: heart rate, blood pressure and breathing are all accelerated.
Phase two: plateau
The changes that started in the excitement phase continue to progress.
Men: the testes are drawn up into the scrotum. The penis becomes fully erect.
Women: the vaginal lips become puffier. The tissues of the walls of the outer third of the vagina swell with blood, and the opening to the #vagina narrows. The #clitoris disappears into its hood. The inner labia (lips) change color (although it's a bit hard to notice). For women who've never had children, the lips turn from pink to bright red. In women who've had children, the color turns from bright red to deep purple.
Both: breathing and pulse rates quicken. A" sex flush" may appear on the stomach, chest, shoulders, neck or face. Muscles tense in the thighs, hips, hands and buttocks, and spasms may begin.
Phase three: orgasm
This is the climax of the cycle. It is also the shortest of the four phases, usually only lasting a few seconds.
Men: first, seminal fluid collects in the urethral bulb. This is when a man may have the sensation that orgasm is certain, or" ejaculatory inevitability" next, semen is ejaculated from the penis. Contractions occur in the penis during the orgasmic phase.
Women: the first third of the vaginal walls contract rhythmically every eight-tenths of a second. (the number and intensity of the contractions vary depending on the individual orgasm.) the muscles of the uterus also contract barely noticeably.
Both: breathing, pulse rate and blood pressure continue to rise. Muscle tension and blood-vessel engorgement reach a peak. Sometimes orgasm comes with a grasping-type muscular reflex of the hands and feet.
Phase four: resolution
This phase is a return to the normal resting state. It can last from a few minutes to a half-hour or longer. This stage is generally longer for women than men.
Men: the #penis returns to its normal flaccid state. There is usually a refractory period, where it's impossible to orgasm again until a certain amount of time has passed. The amount of time varies among men by age, physical fitness and other factors.
Women: the uterus and clitoris return to their normal positions. Some women may be able to respond to additional stimulation with additional orgasms.
Both: swelling recedes, any sex flush disappears, and there is a general relaxation of muscle tension.
Understanding what's happening to you and your partner's bodies during sex can only aid in the full enjoyment of the experience. Combine this with some good communication skills, and you've found the key to unlock sexual pleasure and your heart's desires.
My wife is suffering from last 5 month, Consulted Gynecologist Dr. She suggested Twice Ovacet tablet. Last month periods delayed by 10 days and this month also delayed by 10 days. Symptoms: only hungry, stomach Pain after eating and Tender, swollen breasts. When Can we take Pregnancy test? She is Pregnant?
Breastfeeding is advocated to be the only best thing for a newborn. But while it is the most natural thing to do, it isn't an easy process. It is challenging and full of surprises. Researches throw up facts that surprise all. For example: breastfeeding is like a shield against breast cancer.
Here are 3 such lesser known facts:
1. The milk contents - ever wondered what your baby thinks of the taste of your breast milk. Well, the fact is that your breast milk is tailor-made for your baby. From the taste to its benefits, it is a full course meal. When the feeding begins, the milk is watery. This is to quench the baby's thirst. Then the consistency thickens and the milk becomes higher in fat content. This meets your baby's electrolyte needs as well as energy requirement. Want to know something more amazing? through the day, your breasts milk's properties keep changing. By evening, it has higher sedating properties and helps the baby's body meet nutritional demands. This should explain that satisfied smile babies have when they sleep right after their feeds.
2. Variation in milk production - it is okay and natural if you feel you are lopsided. Many breastfeeding mothers feel that one breast is heavier than the other since it produces more milk. This is possible and happens a lot. Our body is not perfectly symmetrical between left and right. This applies to breasts as well and shouldn't be worried about. Because of this, milk production can also vary between both the breasts.
3. It causes weightloss - some women are known to lose their pregnancy weight by breastfeeding. Yes, this is also a lesser known fact. Breast milk happens to be a high calorie food which the baby literally sucks off the mother's body. This leads to shrinking of the mother's body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I am 28 years old lady.My marriage happened before 6 months and my husband is now 33.We are trying to get preganant from beginning of our marriage itself,but still I am not conceived.I checked with gynaecologist.She checked and told prolactin is little high(24mg/l) and pcod also little bit der,but my periods are regular and I am lean also.My question is,during intercourse,do my husband needs to push very fastly so that the sperm will go inside.If he push slowly also,do the sperms reach uterus.Please help us
I was detected with TB few months back and taking medicines regularly. But during this period I have gained weight which is perfect to my age and height.(Male, 22yrs, 5'6" 70kg) Now I don't want to lose the weight I have gained and have couple of doubts: 1. Will I lose the weight after completing the medication? 2. If I start Running regularly then what are the ways which will ensure that due to running I do not lose the weight I have gained and simultaneously making my body fit and flattering the belly through Running.
After having sex for 3 years now I am facing problem in my periods. From last one year I am not in any sexual relationship but still I am having periods for only 2 days. Due to this I am getting fat. Or will I get any troubles in pregnancy?
Doctor I have problem in my monthly cycle. It's very irregular nd m Fed up of this please suggest me Wat to do.
I have irregular periods .....I wanna make it regular for me.....because I feel something heavy ......
Fitness tip for working woman # 1: Stay active throughout the day
Walk and talk with a hands-free as much as possible, stand up maybe during meetings, or keep standing while working if you do not have much typing work to do. Take a short walk during your lunch break, take short breaks every half hour where you walk around for a minute and then get back to your desk. The options are there, you just have to make up your mind and do it.
Fitness tip for working woman # 2: Store your house with healthy snacks
Even if you have the habit of snacking throughout the day, healthy snacks will come to your rescue, instead of harming your health. So, stock up with all the healthy snacks to stay away from various lifestyle diseases.
Fitness tip for working woman # 3: Create an effective exercise pattern
Choose an exercise pattern according to your own convenience. Try adapting to strength training, for at least 20 minutes at least twice a week or interval training like walking or running which will help to tone your entire body.
Fitness tip for working woman # 4: Eat a good breakfast
Working women should also maintain a proper diet with the workouts in order to stay healthy. Include lots of fresh fruits in your breakfast, as fresh fruits that contain glucose will help to keep sweet cravings at bay. With fresh fruits you can also include some dry fruits in your breakfast for energy.
Fitness tip for working woman # 5: Turn on the magic of treadmill
Just do a 10 minutes treadmill session along with holding a 3-5 pound dumbbell in each hand. Set the speed to brisk walk. Do one-minute set each of biceps curls, triceps extensions, side laterals, and standing triceps one after another as you walk. This exercise will tone your upper body as well as pump your heart smoothly.
Fitness tip for working woman # 6: Crunches technique
Most of the times, women tend to use their neck muscles more than their abs when they do crunches. This practice is completely a waste of time. Instead focus back to your abdominal muscles by pressing your tongue flush against the roof of your mouth before starting your crunches.
Fitness tip for working woman # 7: Drink lots of water
Enough water is very essential for the proper functioning of your body. Keep drinking water at regular intervals, so that you don't de-hydrate yourself.
Fitness tip for working woman # 8: Chart your progress
To stay focused and motivated, make a fitness report card for your own reference. Jot down the subjects as various workouts you will be trying out, and grade yourself as you progress. This will help you to be motivated and will help you to notice various improvements.
Fitness tip for working woman # 9: Reduce refined carbs intake
Limit your refined carb rich foods like cookies, chocolates, honey and white rice. When you eat a refined carb rich food, it will spike your blood sugar level and further will produce more insulin which will increase the fat in your body.
Fitness tip for working woman # 10: Never overdo anything
Women need not more than an hour of health and fitness training. Hence, never over do any form of exercise as doing extra exercises or spending more time in the gym, will just make you tired and exhausted. Hence, focus on limited exercises within a certain time frame to make your training session fun and effective.
Fitness tip for working woman # 11: Recover from all desk jobs
Take a rubber band or hair scrunchie. Take the affected hand and touch all five finger tips together, forming a sort of point. Slip the band or scrunchy around all five fingers and draw them apart against the resistance of the band. It's like a reverse squeeze. Do this casually whenever you have time - in between emails, at home while watching TV, even while driving. This will relax your fingers, hands and can act as a stress buster.
Fitness tip for working woman # 12: Be flexible
Trying to stick to a routine may get impossible at times. So if you have dedicated your mornings to workouts, and something comes up, be open enough to take it in your stride. Instead of sticking to a routine, make up your mind that you will go to the gym, anytime in the day whenever you have a window of an hour. If you have to attend a meeting, start 45 minutes earlier. Go to the gym, change and then go on your way. Giving yourself some leeway is the key here.
Fitness tip for working woman # 13: Workout with a buddy
If you are bored to work out alone, then call your best friend or take your pet along with for a workout session. Working out with someone whom you know will help you to achieve goals and keep you motivated as well. Besides, working out in company is always fun and cool.
Fitness tip for working woman # 14: Carbs are important
Carbs are very important, as they fuel your body with energy. Hence, up your intake of fruits and other high-fiber crackers. Also include some protein in your diet, so that the carbs break down more slowly.
Fitness tip for working woman # 15: Stretching is crucial
Warming up your muscles before starting up your exercise routine is very important. Warm ups will prevent muscle injury during workouts. Thus, before starting any workout regime, start at the lowest speed and increase it gradually.
Fitness tip for working woman # 15: Never focus on weight loss
If you just focus on reducing the numbers on your scale, then ultimately you will land up gaining pounds. Instead, you goal should be to maintain a healthy and fit life, by eating right food and practicing right exercise.
Fitness tip for working woman # 16: Pre-workout snack is important
Munching on a energy bar before the gym can actually pump up your energy, as all those bars are high in fiber and sugar. If you're very hungry beforehand, opt for a banana instead which is digested super quickly and will also provide the necessary energy.
Fitness tip for working woman # 17: Keep an eye on your heart rate
Women should work out at 75-85% of their maximum heart rate. When your heart rate is too low, it's a sign that you're not working to your full potential. Too high a rate, on the other hand, shows that you're pushing yourself to a potentially dangerous level. Keep a heart rate monitor on hand or do a manual count incrementally during your workout to ensure that you're reaching, but not exceeding, your ideal target heart rate.
Fitness tip for working woman # 18: Pay attention how you sit
If you're sitting, you may find it most comfortable for your monitor to be at or even slightly above eye level. This helps you look straight ahead without requiring downward head tilt, which often leads the rest of the upper thoracic into a slumping pattern - especially if you're not vigilant and you're prone to lapsing back into bad habits. This simple habit change will go a long way in ensuring reduced back, neck and shoulder aches that are so common among the cubicle crowds.
Fitness tip for working woman # 19: Be happy
As the popular saying goes,' Laughter is the best medicine' and it is 100% percent true . When you laugh out loud or just are happy, your body will release feel good hormones and this will kill the villain stress hormone cortisol. Hence, giggle as much as you can to achieve good health by watching back to back comedy videos or by joining a laughter club. Besides, laughter is also a very good workout option to tone your face muscles.
# 20: Never hurry for results
Finally, remember that even if you follow all these tips, there will be ups and downs, setbacks and victories. Just be patient, and don't give up.
I had sex with a call girl & without condom but it discharges in her vagina is any fear of aids?Please tell.
Haemotysis without any reason Reported only after having proper meal All types of endoscopies and tests performed, everything normal Having thyroid and pcod.
Traditionally, the use of honey stretches back to time immemorial. It is still considered one of the most precious gifts of nature to mankind. Modern research also suggests that honey has unique medicinal and nutritional properties. Honey should be incorporated in your daily diet as it is one food which is naturally beneficial for your overall health and does have any side effects.
Following are the traditional uses of honey, according to ayurveda:
1. Prevents anemia: Honey contains high amounts of iron, manganese and copper which are very essential for building hemoglobin. According to ancient texts, honey is a traditional cure as well as prevention for anemia as it helps in maintaining the optimum level of red blood corpuscles and hemoglobin.
2. Promotes eye health: Honey has been used to treat various eye diseases since ancient times. It is known to improve vision with daily application. It is an effective cure against diseases like conjunctivitis, trachoma or even something as minor as eye itching. It is also beneficial to treat glaucoma in the early stages.
3. Skin care: Ancient texts on ayurveda mention that external application of honey is effective in curing sores or other wounds. It works like an antiseptic and helps to soothe pain and hastens the healing process. It is also used to treat skin burns or carbuncles.
4. Cure for coughs: Honey is extremely useful in treating coughs. It works as a demulcent which aids in soothing the swollen mucous membrane present on the upper respiratory tract. It relieves you from irritating coughs and associated symptoms like frequent spurts of cough while talking and difficulty in swallowing. It is a chief ingredient in ayurvedic cough syrups for the same reason. You can also try honey gargles to relieve pain from throat inflammation.
Hi, Six years back, I was affected by TB .i had akt4 tablets for eight months. I got cured. Recently I got married, im trying for a baby. Does the tablets which I had resist my pregnancy? Is it possible? Pls suggest me the solution.
Let's understand how these tiny-mighty seeds help the body and why you must adopt it instantly.
1) High nutritional content - Flaxseeds are energy pumps and a very rich source of dietary fiber, protein, calcium, magnesium, potassium, carbs, iron, phosphorus, zinc, good fats, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin B1 and you name it! It packs so much of nutrition that your body needs.
2) For Assured Weight Loss - Flaxseeds are famous for this! The seeds are full of healthy fats and fibers, they will keep your stomach full for a longer time. This lowers in-take of calories, thus resulting in weight loss. Also flaxseeds expand when ingested, so you can take it 30 minutes prior to your meals or add a couple of teaspoons to your salads, smoothies, oats etc.
3) For Healthy Skin and Hair - A habit of 1 to 2 tbsp of flaxseeds will keep your hair and skin shining with life. The omega-3 fatty acids benefit the hair and skin by providing them the desired fats.
4) Choice for Gluten Free Diet - Flax seeds are a great choice for the people who are gluten-sensitive or have Celiac disease. The seeds are anti-inflammatory and can be replaced by other inflammation causing grains.
5) Boon For Women and Elderly - Flax seeds help menstruating women by ensuring regularity in cycle. The seeds are also known to fight breast, prostate, ovarian and colon cancer. With it high soluble and insoluble fiber content, it enhances digestive health. Flax seeds can also reduce cholesterol levels.
If you have any further questions, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.