Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandhiya
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SandhiyaYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr. My girlfriend is not giving me sufficient blowjob. I want it more than my food or oxygen please tell me what should I do to live Is there any other way to feel the same sensation which I get during blowjob or oral sex please help.
Having fever since 25 to 30 Lost weight of 7 kgs Weakness and no hunger Doctor told GI infection even after using antibiotics no change.
Pregnancy is a 9-month exhilarating journey, but the road to it is full of bumpers. There will be a sea change in your physical, mental, and emotional health. When you are pregnant, not only you but your entire family becomes conscious of what you eat, whether you are getting proper rest or not, whether you are taking your medicines or not, and many other such minor things. Your lazy husband—a TV buff earlier—who used to spend his energy only in changing channels of TV, suddenly becomes very active in extending help to you in kitchen, in his every possible way. He is willing to run in the middle of the night to fulfill your craving of having a chocolate ice-cream. You mother-in-law who had been busy all the time finding faults with you, suddenly starts showering love upon you. Your nagging boss who would delegate you a new work at 6 in the evening, now takes care that you leave for the day on time. So, count your blessings that you are pregnant!!!
Every mother dreams that a baby born to her is healthy. Healthy diet is one of the important factors towards fulfilling this dream. Time and again you might have been advised that now you should eat for two. It literally does not mean that you have to double your food intake but certainly you will have to double your vitamins and minerals intake. While deciding your diet for this journey, listen more to your brain than to your tongue.
Keep the following principles in mind:
- Increase your frequency of meals rather than taking in at a time. Take 6 meals instead of 3 which becomes easier to digest. If you do not eat frequently, it is likely that your blood sugar may drop which will result in cravings.
- Go for organic food if your pockets permit. Organic food is free from pesticides and toxins and that is what you can be happy about. If not possible, use normal food but make it a point that you wash all the fruits and vegetables at least three times before eating them.
- Avoid canned food – Canning reduces nutrients by 20%, so avoid it. Try to take fresh vegetables as much as possible.
- Balance Vata – Vata is the energy of the nervous system in the body. To balance it, use warm, freshly cooked foods with healthy oils of ghee and olive oil. Avoid eating leftovers as much as possible.
- Foods to Avoid – Avoid hot and spicy food, raw vegetable, undercooked beans and pulses, food with artificial flavours and preservatives.
- Enjoy the three tastes – The three tastes that balance Vata are sweet, sour, and salty. During pregnancy, the sweet taste should be most emphasized, because it is more wholesome for the baby.
- Eat sattvic food like milk and ghee which build ojas in the body – a very important element for nourishment of the baby.
Ayurveda texts mentions the diet regimen under “Garbhiniparicharya” which proposes month by month diet for would be mother.
- First month of pregnancy – The mother should increase the quantity of milk to ensure calcium intake.
- Second month – Herbs like Shatavari should be added to the milk before consuming.
- Third month – Warm glass of milk with honey and ghee in unequal proportions should be taken.
- Fourth month – Start adding little bit fresh butter to your diet.
- Fifth month – Increase the intake of cow ghee in your diet.
- Sixth, seventh month demand that you start taking buttermilk with your meals.
- Eighth month – Take a bowl of milk-based rice pudding daily.
- Ninth month – Take a nutritious and balanced diet, and do not forget to massage your body with oil to have an easy delivery.
Note: This diet should not be taken without consulting an Ayurvedic Physician.