Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SandhiyaYour feedback matters!
My girlfriend is 19 years old. She stays away from my place. When we meet. We have a lot of physical touchings. Romance but not sex. I just play with her breast. Liplocks etc. But after this she will have a delayed menses. So what she should do for normal menses to occur.
I had my period on 20th May and again on 4th of June is it possible I have it again on 20th of June. Please help me out.
How often have you heard the aphorism "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" and wondered if it is any close to the truth? Well, studies reveal that eating this delicious fruit everyday day may not cut the number of visits you make to the doctor. However, it definitely helps in keeping your pharmacy bills at bay due to its numerous health benefits. Read on to find how apples are true to the modified saying 'An apple a day keeps the pharmacist away'.
1. Fights type 2 diabetes: Apples are known to alter circulating glucose levels to a minimum amount. This helps in controlling your blood sugar level. What more, researchers have reached the conclusion that biting into an apple everyday results in one third less chances of developing type 2 diabetes among women.
2. Provides protection against cancer: Apple is rich in natural pigments known as anthocyanins, flavonoids including quercetin and rutin, phenolic acids like ellagic and ferulic acids and the antioxidant glutathione. These components are very beneficial in preventing cancer. Moreover, apple peel contains triterpenoids, which prevents the growth of cancer cells in liver, breast and colon.
3. Reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases: A recent study reveals that inclusion of ample amounts of soluble fibre into your diet slows down cholesterol-rich plaque build up in your arteries. Plaque build-up in arteries are one of the causative agents of coronary artery disease. Apple, being rich in soluble fibre and containing quercetin (which protects lining of the blood vessels), diminishes the chances of cardiovascular diseases.
4. Prevents cataracts: Apples are good sources of antioxidants. Long term research on peoples’ food habits show that satisfying your appetite with this ripe fruit can make you 10 to 15 per cent less prone to developing cataracts.
5. Helps to maintain your weight: Tired of being overweight? Then you should definitely switch to apple bites everyday as they keep your weight on check. The high fibre content of apples is responsible for this as they serve as a filling food option without being loaded with calories.
6. Aids liver detoxification: Horrified of the toxins that get into your body daily with the intake of any kind of food? Just relax, as doctors say that the best liver detox diets for your body comprise different types of fruits including apples.
7. Reduces cholesterol levels: A medium apple is known to contribute five grams of fibre to your daily diet, which exceeds most cereals. Besides, apples contain the cholesterol reducing soluble fibre pectin in abundant amount. Cholesterol build up in the lining of blood vessel walls is prevented by pectin which lessens the likelihood of getting atherosclerosis and heat diseases.
8. Gives you better immunity: The presence of an antioxidant named quercetin has been proven to be effective in heightening the efficiency and strengthening your immune system. Also, biting into a succulent apple regularly frees your body from various infections.
So, you age old myth did not become so popular without reason. Now that you known apples can be major contributors to your good health, go get a basket of them quickly for you and your family!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Sir I am 23 year old and married but I do not want to beget childern now so I am using contraceptive tablet unwanted 72. I have given 8 tablates so far. Is there any adverse effect to my childern as side effect of this tablat.
I had sex with my boyfriend without any protection. But next morning I took i-pill as contraceptive pill. The expected date of my period was 9 may. But I didn't got period. Plus I also have abdominal pain. What should I do.
Is syphilis curable? If a person is suffering from syphilis what precautions or habit need to be done? Please help.
Hello Madam, My wife didn't had regular periods since Feb 2014, we were married in July 2014 following which she consulted a local gynecologist who citing weakness recommended a tonic for regular periods. She had proper period till she stopped taking he tonic. Following which we consulted another doctor who suggested us to work towards becoming parents and gave ovulation injection in Feb 2016. But to her surprise the egg didn't burst bu gradually reduced in size, following which she stopped treatment and gave medicine for normal periods. During this period, we also consulted patanjali ayurvedic doctor who gave few Ayurveda medicines for normalizing period and create healthy eggs. But in september, my wife suffered heavy periods for a period of almost 20 days (we consulted doctor in between who gave medicine to stop bleeding, after which we went to govt hospital where USG was conducted and doctor informed us about PCOS and a big lump in right ovary. Doctor gave a course of overall-G for 3-months and few pain killers which stopped bleeding and regularized the periods. After 3 months USG showed that the multiple small cysts were gone but a large lump (size 60mmx54mmx62 mm) on right ovary was still their. An ultrasound conducted in Feb 16 suggested a slightly large right ovary (18 mm.) but radiologist said it is normal. Few days back we visited bansal Hospital, bhopal where sexologist and doctor diagnosed a lump in right ovary, but were unable to decide whether it is a cyst or some neoplastic? What should we do now? What is the best way to diagnose the nature of this lump in right ovary?
Can breast bleeding indicate for pregnancy. After know about breast bleeding. What should be do for next to stop bleeding. After pregnancy can any effect on vagina. Lastly during pregnancy can we stop sex daily.
I am 24 years old female I was suffering PCOD for last 2 years but last month I consulted my gynaecologist she scan and said I have still some cysts in my left ovaries, she suggested me contraceptive pill for 2 two months to regularise my periods. So, if I stop taking pill are there any chances to get pregnant?
I m a female of age 30, And having thyroid, my height 5'4" And weight 78, M over weight and having menstrual problem with Pcod. My periods are irregular and to get them on time I have to take med. Like meprate 10; Pls guide me to solve my menses problem and I m following your weight loss tips too to reduce my weight
I am experiencing dark brown bleeding the day my period was supposed to start, am I pregnant? I got my period while still taking my active pills, do I still take the place when It comes time?
Hello. Me and my gf wants to have sex bt her vagina is so tight as she is still virgin so I'm not able to put my penis inside her pussy so give Me some advice how to make her hole loose and we can enjoy. Thanks
I am married one year back, I am trying for children s. Please help us in this. How we can make it fast.
Indian traditions are more like the first lessons which are taught by the elders of the house. These traditions are often followed without any doubts and questions. These traditions are not just followed for the sake of religious rituals but have deep rooted scientific reasons associated with the same.
Some of the interpretations of these rituals are as follows:
- Namaste: When we greet someone or meet someone for the first time we join both our hands in for Namaste. This is done out of sheer respect for the person. Doing Namaste activates the acupuncture points of the fingertips and helps us to remember the person.
- Ushapan: This is the practice of drinking water from a copper utensil. This helps in absorbing the extra heat of the body thereby maintaining the body temperature. The water should be kept overnight in the copper pot before drinking it. It is believed that drinking water from a copper pot helps in bowel movement, cleaning of the stomach and creating digestive juices.
- Sukhasan: When ones sits on the floor with crossed leg is referred to as sukhasan. When having food in this position then a person has to bend and eat as they might have to move up and down while eating. When this happens the stomach is pushed while bending and the back is straight before taking the next bite. This movement leads to muscular movements thereby helping to produce digestive juices and aids in swallowing as well.
- Vamakukshi and shatapawali: Vamakukshi is referred to as the afternoon nap post lunch. Sleeping on the left side helps in the digestion of the food. Though prolonged sleeps can make a person lazy, a quick 10 minutes nap is recommended as it allows a person to be fresh. Shatapwali means taking 100 steps, to be more appropriate it is the walk after dinner. This helps in the digestion of food as the gas created after consuming food is moved and the pressure in the chest is reduced. The above terms literally explain the famous praise, "After lunch sleep a while, after dinner walk a mile."
- Ear piercing: Though ear piercings are looked at as a fashion ornament, but as per the Hindu traditions these help in decision making, thinking abilities and intellectual development and also to some extent an acupressure point. It is ideal to get a baby's ear pierced by the 12th day of her birth, as it is believed that getting ears pierced early leads to acquiring the quality of minimal speech.
- Touching feet of elders: This is known as one of the best exercises as it aids in blood circulation, helps in stretching and pushing the organs, improves excretion and digestion and strengthens the physique. It is also believed to transfer an aura and positive energy from the person whose feet are being touched. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I was 6 weeks pregnant It was you wanted preg I got a medical abortion But after follow up they said there is still some clots left After they gave me mistoprsal vaginally But now when I got an ultrasound they said still its not gone We need to do d&c So is d&c safe for my future pregnancy? And how long should I wait to get pregnant after this?
I always have regular cycle of 26-33 days. I had unprotected sexual act on the 19th day of my cycle. There was no penetration. But there was stimulation with hands. And there was precum.in the hands. And then he stimulated me. With the hands. Though he had peed before the sexual act. And throughout the act there was no ejaculation. And after the incident after 8 days .i got my periods for 2 days. With lower abdominal pain and lower back pain. I changed 5 pads. But there was dizziness and breast and nipple pain this tym. Today is the 4 day of the period and I hav almost stopped bleeding with only few spotting. Also today a hpt was taken with the morning sample with the help of prega news which turned out to be negative. So it is possible that I am still pregnant. As I do not want to be pregnant now. Please help me with your advise. Please please please. I do not want to be pregnant .
A mammogram is an imaging test where an X-ray is taken to recreate the internal imagery of your breasts. This is a screening test that is widely used to find the earliest signs of cancer. There have been instances where the early signs of cancer have been found up to three years before the actual development of the same. There are a number of benefits and risks in this screening method. So let us find out more about getting a mammogram, and whether or not you should get one.
- Procedure: A special X-ray machine is used for conducting a mammogram. There is a clear plastic plate on which the specialist will place the breast while another plate will press on the breast from above. While both the plates serve to flatten the breast and hold it still, the X-ray will be taken. Some pressure will be felt and the same steps will be repeated so as to get the side view of the breasts. The same procedure will be repeated for the other breast. Meanwhile, once it is done, you will need to wait so that the technician can check for clarity, and whether or not the procedure needs to be done again. The results of this procedure cannot be relayed by the technician, and all the images will be different because all breasts are slightly different from each other.
- Preparation: You will need to remember that the process can be a slightly painful one, especially once the pressure gets applied. Many women complain of discomfort and pain. Yet, this discomfort gets over before you know it. The pressure and pain will depend on the size of your breasts and how much they will have to be pressed in order to get a picture. The skill of the technician will also come into play here. One must remember not to get this procedure done a week or so before or after the menstrual cycle, as the breasts tend to be tender around this time, and the pain will be much more.
- Radiologist: Within a few weeks after the procedure, the radiologist will usually deliver the result. This is the professional who does an accurate reading of the X-ray.
- Normal and Abnormal Readings: If your mammogram result has a normal reading, then you can resort to getting one done every once in a while. But an abnormal reading will require further X-ray and tests so as to be able to tell for sure.
- Why should I get one: If you are over 40 and have a family history of such ailments, then you will have to get a mammogram done regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
2. Do not rinse vigorously, suck on straws, smoke, drink alcohol or brush teeth next to the extraction site for 48 hours.
3. Do not forget to take the medicines as prescribed by the doctor.
4. If possible chew on the opposite side of your extraction site. Drink lots of liquids and eat soft, nutritious foods. Strictly avoid hard, hot food & drinks for first 24 hours.
5. Avoid excessive mouth opening, yawning, spitting etc