Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 25 yrs old girl. I have crossed my expected date of period. Help me out to get it as soon as possible.
I took unwanted 72 for five days before after forplaying with my husband I'm very tensed about my pregnancy we did not intimated but once his penis touched my thigh region and hence I took the pill I just want to know when my period will come and is there any chance of pregnancy?
Respected doc. I am obese, and in April, I miss my cycle too. Doc prescribed me medroxyprogesterone acetate and it bleeds on 10 may to 15 may. Now, I do jogging, walking, running squatting regularly about 30 mins. I avoid junk food, soft drinks, sugars, chips, I eat only home food. I studied about thyroid effects on menses. Pls prescribe me way how to keep healthy thyroid. Do I avoid rice and potato too. Thankyou.
Ageing is always traumatic. One gets weaker, develops wrinkles and falls prey to degenerative changes and diseases. But cosmetic science has one or two useful tricks up its arm to make one's face look young and full, even when age is playing catch up-like cheek implants.
These are also ideal for thin-faced people looking to acquire a rounded facial profile.
Other Cosmetic Options For a Fuller Face:
We all know that there is a loss of fat, especially from the cheek area due to ageing. This leads to a flattening and hollowing out of this part with wrinkle folds also becoming very prominent.
Fat grafting where fat from the same patient is grafted under the skin in cheek area to give one a fuller looking face, injectable fillers and facelift, a surgery in which excess skin is cut off, tightening the face and rejuvenating it, are some of the options available.
However, fat grafting can distort facial features, fillers are temporary and face lift is a big surgery. Hence synthetic cheek implants using silicone are becoming very popular these days.
More About Cheek Implants:
Cheek implants vary widely not only in shape and style but also in the material with which they are made. Solid implants made of silicone and polyethene, like the ones which were used in breast augmentation, are quite popular today.
Cheek implant surgery usually takes about 30 to 45 minutes. A cut is made either inside the upper lip or through the lower eyelid. A pocket is formed here and the implant is inserted. This is held by muscles, stitches or natural screws.
The inside of the mouth is then stitched up.
The incidence of things going wrong are less but the downside of this procedure is that one may have to get cheek implants again and again based on one’s rate of ageing. Silicone is also not a completely safe material. One may also develop infections which require implant removal. Implant migration can also happen and will require a removal. Bone resorption (bone loss) has also been reported below solid facial implants.
Some cosmetic surgeons also opine that fat grafting gives a more natural-looking fullness to the cheek area than synthetic implants.
We advise that one tries out non-surgical options like injectible fillers first before going for cheek implants and consult a reputable surgeon.
Another thing to keep in mind is that one may have to go for cosmetic removal of under-eye hollows, jowls and nasolabial folds around the nose, along with silicone cheek implants. These 3 areas become more pronounced with age and it’s very important to focus on them first before getting implants. If this is not done, the face can take on a very artificial look.
My wife had taken I pill before 72 hrs after unprotected sex. Her period has to come on 15 may but not. She feel fatique not feeling hungry for the last week. She done test with pregnancy test kit using urine and it was positive. Wht should be done to stop the pragnancy. One month is completed.
I am getting bored of sex, please let me know what I can do for getting interest in sex. I am 24 year old and married 9 month ago. And I want a family planning. What other ways are there except copper T, condoms and pills. Your help is highly appreciated.
I am 28 yrs old and my current weight is 51kg. So because of that I look fat from upper half of body. I also have a problem of mensuration from last 7-8 yrs. As it is not regular so I have to take medicines. I start doing exercise to loose weight. Please provide me a diet chart so that I can get back a perfect body shape. Thanks.
I'm 26 year old female my last LMP was on 17th April & my doctor advised me to take Lupi HCG 5000 on the initial stage dated on 29th May but I take only one injection and avoid 2nd injection which has been given to me on 5th June but from 14th June night I suffered from severe fever that range from 102-104 so from 17th June she has given to me xone, metro and laminate injection as I suffered from urine Infection unfortunately my baby's last growth show on 16 June according to ultrasound report so my abortion happened on 20th July. I want to know the reason behind this why it happens.
I am 18 years old I have a problem of irregular menses. Please I want your suggestions? What should I do?
Hi my wife age us 25. She is in 17 weeks pregnant. Baby weight is only 190 g. Please advise this is worry able. Advice how she can increase baby weight.
Hello Doctor, My age is 31 years. I am trying to conceive for more than 2 year but no luck. I did 4 follicle cycles but no rupture no ovulation even after Hcg Injections. My Hysteroscopy was done yesterday as per the report some small poly was there which is removed through laser and some blood flow was not happening which has been corrected. I am asked to go for IVF with donor egg due to low Amh. Will some yoga or any other treatment help me to improve my Amh level. My height is 5’2 and weight is 59kg. I have started walking early morning for 20 mins and I am doing some fertility yoga exercises as I want to conceive naturally. What else can I do to improve fertility as I want to try naturally for 6 months before going for IVF option. Pls help me with diet and other steps that I can do to improve infertility.
Hello doc. I have taken preg test it S positive but m not getting much symptoms except hungry. Nd today it's 48 th day. Of my last period. So wen Should I go for scanning. Shall I wait for another 1 week. please suggest me.
Every shape is pretty until it stays in shape. Take a healthy diet to stay in perfect shape n to live a healthy life.
For eg I am 21 yrs old I have big boils on inner vagina part. I dono wat to do please suggest something.
Trichomonas Vaginalis, a virus, which affects almost 7.4 million men and women each year. This virus can cause a sexually transmitted disease upon contact with a person who may be carrying the same. This condition is more common in women than it is in men and causes a variety of symptoms. Let us learn more about this infection.
- Symptoms: This disease does not have any obvious symptoms until the problem becomes pretty severe. The symptoms for men include irritation inside the penis, discharge, and a burning sensation upon urination and ejaculation. The symptoms for women include a strong odour filled discharge that may also be greenish yellow in colour, pain in the lower abdomen in case the infection is extremely severe, itching and irritation in the vagina, and pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse.
- Diagnosis: The gynaecologist or the general physician will usually carry out the diagnosis with the help of blood and urine samples that will be sent to the lab for testing. These tests will help in determining the spread and severity of the infection. The doctor will also use vaginal or urethral fluid in order to diagnose the issue with the help of further lab tests. Most doctors will tell you that it is harder to detect the presence of the virus in women, than it is in men.
- Treatment: The treatment of this disease is done with the help of metronidazole, which can be used to treat trichomoniasis in case the patient is pregnant. It is usually recommended that the sexual partner of the patient should also be treated for the infection so as to stem its spread. Also, the doctors will recommend abstinence from sex for the duration of the treatment. Antibiotics will also be prescribed for both partners. Usually, one will be asked to wait for all the symptoms to disappear before becoming sexually active again.
- Complications: There is a risk of contracting the HIV virus in case pregnant women do not get treated for this disease on time. It can also cause premature rupture of the various membranes that protect the foetus, which can in turn, lead to premature delivery of the baby. Further, women who are suffering from this disease are at higher risk of passing on the HIV virus to their partners. This happens when the woman is also infected with the HIV virus.
- Prevention: There are various ways to prevent this disease including the proper use of condoms and limiting the number of sexual partners. Genital inflammation and pain should be checked by a doctor immediately to rule out the possibility of this STD. Also, one must take the necessary precautions to avoid catching and spreading this disease and getting a full body check up done is an important part of prevention.