Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandhal Varagan
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sandhal VaraganYour feedback matters!
I have stone in kidney with size of 6 mms, doctors suggested for surgery. Is any alternative without operation in ayurveda.
I am 40 years old man and is facing a problem of frequent urination. I am not diabetic. I just want to know the reason for frequent urination especially during stress or excitation. I think it is related to prostrate gland as in my teen age I have done one ultrasound and it says acute prostates. Please advise.
I am 19 years old. My problem is that even I didn't eat anything. I want to go wash room many times. please suggest me a solution.
I am having the condition known as BPH.Initially the prostate was classified as grade III. I was put on Rapilif D for 3months and later the prostate was classified as Grade I. I stopped the medicine and after two months the urine flow got reduced and again I took thesame medication for one more moonth. This continuous intake of Alfa blockers has reduced mysexual urge. I am 66 years old. I am also taking medicine for Type II Diabetes and Hypertension. Can this BPH be cured through medication by Ayurveda?
I have stones problem from 4 years as I consulted so many doctors it did not cured what should I do for it?
When your kidney function falls below a certain point, it is referred to as a kidney failure or renal failure. Fortunately, you can still continue to lead a normal life with the right treatment for renal failure. Here are the three best treatments that you can choose depending on your condition and lifestyle:
1. Dialysis: Dialysis is the process that takes over the function of your kidneys to filter out the waste from your blood and maintain the proper balance of chemicals in the blood. You may use dialysis for many years or as a short-term treatment while waiting for a kidney transplant. Dialysis is not a cure for kidney disease, rather it helps you deal with renal failure. It is life-saving and without it, the kidneys will no longer function.
There are two types of dialysis treatments that you can choose from:
- Hemodialysis – This type uses a machine to remove waste from the blood and sends it back to your body. It can be done at home or at a dialysis center.
- Peritoneal Dialysis – This type uses the lining of your belly called the Peritoneum to do the work of your kidneys. A catheter and dialysis solution is used to carry out the function.
There are benefits and complications for each type of dialysis. The treatment decision will largely depend on the patient’s illness and their past medical history. Discuss with your doctor to decide the best option for you.
2. Kidney Transplant: Kidney transplants can provide a better quality of life than dialysis and can be seen as a potential cure for kidney failure. A healthy kidney from a live donor or deceased donor is surgically placed in your body as a replacement to the failed kidneys. Although this may be a better option for you, it has certain shortcomings. There is an element of rejection and you may have to wait for a long time to get a donor. Extensive testing and anti-rejection medications are prescribed with this treatment.
3. Palliative Care: Rather than cure, it is the care that people with serious illness need. With so much to deal with, the patients have an array of tough questions and challenges to deal with. Patients need to take into account all medical options and care options based on their condition and severity of the renal failure.
Making the right treatment choice is difficult and that too when you are ill. It is normal to be fearful and worried about the risks involved. Get support from your family and doctor to help you make the right treatment choice. It may also be helpful to visit a dialysis or transplant center to talks to others who have been through these treatments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.