Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. SandeepYour feedback matters!
Hiii sir, sir I am having one bad habit of hand pump of my pennis from nearly a 6-7 years now I am habituated to that and I can not able to stop or control that but now I am getting some symptoms of back pain and quickly forgetting some important things can I have solution for that how can I stop that and also I am feared of any infertility so pls clarify my doubt and give me some solution.
I have a neck problem due to birth injury, my neck alignment is not straight. Is there now any surgery or treatment for the alignment of the neck?
I have back pain since 7 days. I went to gymndone some heavy wights I think thats y this happen. Wat should I do?
Top 6 acupressure points for treating neck and shoulder pain: moving a little down from the head is the neck, a very important body part indeed, although the head is the site of the brain, but it is the neck that has the power to turn it whichever way it wants. But with modern day technology and computer-centric lifestyle we are more often plagued with pains and discomfort in the neck and shoulder region which is often the cause of throbbing headaches as well. All the points situated in the head and neck regions are yang points, with excessive energy flow through them and reflexology can be used effectively in providing permanent relief to discomfort and nasty pains in these regions.
Causes of neck and shoulder pain: the causes of neck and shoulder pain and stiffness are many and can range from silly reasons like sleeping in a wrong posture to serious ones like arthritis and meningitis which can leave us with a sore and painful neck for several days.
Some of the common causes of neck pain are:
Poor sitting posture
Poor sleeping posture
In all these cases it is usual to feel discomfit to numbing pains in the neck and shoulder region which is easily cured with simple exercises within a few days. But in some cases, the neck pain can be persistent, for several days or weeks with a stiffness that can spread to shoulders, back and even lead to headache.
Some serious causes of neck and shoulder pain include:
Meningitis: inflammation of meninges around the brain
Arthritis: cervical spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis
Such cases call for immediate medical attention by professionals.
Acupressure to soothe neck and shoulder pains:
Neck and shoulder pains can be quite menacing and hinder our day to day activities, but instead of restoring to temporary solutions like pain killers use reflexology to heal the ailment from within and move towards overall wellness and complete harmony between mind and body.
Acupressure is a complete healing therapy that is rooted in ancient eastern healing arts which help in curing the mid and irritating as well as the all-consuming throbbing pains that have become a part of modern life. It helps in relieving stress and bringing back balance in our life. These 6 simple acupressure points can be stimulated on your own or a therapeutic acupressure session can be given to a loved one in order to relieve pain and stiffness in the neck and shoulder.
Shoulder well: this point is located on the shoulder muscle, halfway between the base of the neck and the end of the shoulder muscle. Stimulating this point helps in relieving stiffness of neck and shoulder. It also helps in relieving back pain.
Completion bone: this point is located on the occipital ridge, in the depression behind the ear in the SCM muscle. Stimulating this point helps in relieving headache, neck pain and dizziness.
Heaven's pillar: this point is located on the occipital ridge, just at the side of where the spine enters the skull in the tendon. Stimulating this point helps in relieving neck pains, numbness, and stiffness of the neck. Stimulating this region also helps in relieving chronic cough.
Met with an accident 8 days ago and got 2 hairline fractures at pelvis area .i am advised to keep my leg straight and not move but I feel terrible pain by keeping my leg straight and not moving it. Can I at least fold my legs till my knees? Or move them hourly a little? And I have a habit of sleeping upside down I mean on my stomach. My back aches so can I with help of someone be upside down for some time?
Yesterday in the evening was sitting in the office and all of a sudden I started having anxious thoughts and fear. I was shaking and got panicked. Since today morning o am having pain on my right side arms and right chest near armpit. I am feeling nausea too. I did ecg and echo test last month and consulted cardiologist and he said it is normal. Why do I get this symptoms and start getting anxious.
I am 57 years old. I have been playing badminton for more than 28 years. Now a days there is severe pain in my knees - especially left knee while walking or seating. Is there any way by which the pain can be reduced without stopping badminton. A orthopedic doctor has advised to stop game which I don't want. Please suggest any remedy. Thank you.
I am 53 yrs old having diabetics type 2 since last 4 month I am having shoulder pain and getting clot in left hand doctor say it is frog gen shoulder what is remidy.
I'm 22 years old. Now I have a hand pain. And when I'm playing shuttle it's increasing. please recommend me a solution.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. It reduces knee pain caused by various illnesses including arthritis, inflammation of the cartilage and wearing of the patella among others.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa is medically known as Medicago Sativa. Alfalfa is excellent for making sure that your joint pain reduces, when taken in liquid form four times a day.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Bishop's weed: The medical name for Bishop's weed is Trachyspermum Ammi. The oil extracted from this herb is usually applied to the knees to reduce the intensity of such knee pains.
- Celery: The medical name for celery is Apium Graveolens. Celery is not only an effective treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and associated pains in the knees, but it is also helpful in treating gout. It is usually agreed upon that this particular treatment is usually long lasting because of its alkaline nature.
- Dandelion: Dandelion's biological name is Taraxacum Officinale. It is rich in magnesium and is crucial for the correct mineralization of the bones. This mineralization allows the bones to become stronger and also prevents knee pain.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
Related Tip: "All About Knee Pain"