Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandeep
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SandeepYour feedback matters!
I am 60 years old male individual. I still do athletic activities like running more than 15 km five times a week. I participate in Half Marathon once a year. As a result, may be due to this strenuous workouts, my knees ache but I continue doing my work outs. What is the best way to get relief from this knee pain. I want to continue with my obsession to keep myself fit, please suggest how do I get a trouble free work out at my age.
Osteoarthritis and cervical spondylosis problems persists, is it better way to reduce pain through acupuncturists than physiotherapy treatment?
I am 25 years old and I lost my sleep since 2 months by this i am suffering from many health issues like headache, back pain, less hunger, fatigue.
I am 33 years old and I had a pain in my legs and hands from last few weeks and a headache too chakkar when I drive I am having a medicine of BP and a shivering too in my legs and hands basically it happens in morning when I get up.
Hi my mom is 45 years old she suffering from severe legs pain she consulted doc reports were normal but still it pains specially during night times. She has low and high BP problem. How can you help.
I am feeling very tired and sleepless all the time ? have pain in my legs, feet and even in my hands , arm ? Without doing anything I feel tired and restlessness . So suggest me sumthng to relief from it.
My left foot is swollen and there's been a massive pain, doctor said it's uric acid and I didn't hurt my feet, can it be any other thing other than that? And what should I do.
I had my c-section in March since then sometimes my body pains a lot and now my whole leg thighs pains a lot seems the nerves is pulled, what medicine shall I have to cure it instantly?
Body is paining a lot, Back pain and thighs pain. I do gym but because of work pressure I did not since 8 days. Energy is too low.
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative disease that affects the various bone joints, leading to painful movement and thereby limiting the patient's mobility. Knees, hips, joints of hands and legs are affected.
Symptoms of OA:
The symptoms revolve around the bones and joints including:
- Pain and stiffness of the joints
- Swelling of the joints
- Inability to form a clench
- Difficulty holding things
- Stooped posture
- Weakness of legs and hands
- Reduced height over time.
In most people with OA, the options in allopathy are limited to nonsteroidal analgesics to control pain and in severe cases, surgical correction.
However, homeopathy takes into account the triggering symptoms, the associated symptoms, and the status of the immune system before deciding on a treatment regimen. With this holistic approach, homeopathy achieve the following:
- Reduce the pain, swelling ,and stiffness
- Slows the pace of further degeneration
- Improves mobility of the affected joint(s)
- Improves the body's overall immune system, thereby allow the body to promote healing on its own
- Homeopathic intervention in the early phases is particularly helpful, as it will arrest disease progression
- It also enable better absorption of minerals and nutrients essential for bone health. This allows healing of existing bone fractures and avoids further bone damage by strengthening the bones.
- Homeopathic treatment also enables the body's chemical state to withstand stress and illnesses better.
- It vitalizes the body's natural healing and ability to repair itself, to create a better state of health and well-being
Some of the popular homeopathic medications based on areas and associated symptoms are listed below:
- Bryonia Alba: Pain worsened with movement, relieved with rest; associated with swelling and stiffness of the joints; difficulty in climbing stairs.
- Calcarea Carbonica: Swelling and pain that is worsened when getting up from a seated position. The joints feel cold and painful.
- Sulphur: Worse with climbing stairs, prolonged standing, feeling of warmth in the knees.
- Colcynthis: Cramping pain improved by pressure.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: Pain when getting up from a seated position.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans: Associated with muscle stiffness and cramping.
- Antimonium Crudum: The pain pain gets worse in cold weather, improved by applying something warm)
- Benzoic Acid: There is an associated crackling sound when the fingers are moved or if there are nodes in the area of joints. The urine is highly offensive in these people.
- Calcara Fluorica: There are stony hard nodes formed in the joint area, greatly reducing the mobility.
These medications are safe, completely natural, do not induce habit formation, and are approved by FDA. They don't just treat the symptoms but help manage the patient as a whole. This justifies why homeopathy is definitely a good option in treating osteoarthritis.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!