Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SandeepYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, I am feeling minor pain in left chest and same ways in the back also. I feel acidity all day. Most of the time I feel pain on my upper back Left side. It feel better if I take back rest or lay down on my back. This pain is minor but all day it is bothering me a lot.
Does it hurt ladies feet to wear heels all day? its normal For a 498lb women to wear flip-flops to help with her foot pain and swelling.
My mother is 55 year old and is suffering from acute neck pain since 3 years. Has back pain & knee pain as well. Please advise.
Hi doctor. I am suffering with back pain including lower and upper back from last two years. Could you please suggest the possible treatment method?
My sister 60 years old she is suffering chiken gunia (joint pains) for the last one year. Kindly choose the medicine without side effects (like pain killers)
I am a 16 years ofl boy feel backache during study hours I also gets less energetic what should I do?
I am having savior pain down the left side shoulder. Which goes till little or ring finger through rear of hand ie. Byshape place. It increases when I hold mobile phone laying on bed. please give some solutions.
I am suffering from pain in my back side on both sides. It feels like burning inside around the kidney areas. I feel tired, non energetic, fatigue every time. Pain in my arms, legs remains every time. I am not able to walk far and after walking 50-60 meter I feel very tired and not able to walk any more.
An injury runs its course of a few days to weeks depending on the size and heals and closes. There could be scarring or mobility issues in some though. However, this does not happen in all cases, and a wound that has not healed for more than 6 weeks is termed as chronic. They are most common in the hands and feet. In those who have mobility issues, hips, buttocks, and thighs are also common areas.
Read on to know more about why this happens and how they can be treated.
Reasons: Though there could health conditions aggravating the healing, most wounds heal late due to 3 reasons:
- Poor circulation: A healing wound requires nutrition for the cells to repair, and if there is improper circulation, then healing is definitely delayed. This can happen due to diabetes, malnutrition, reduced mobility, vascular disease, etc. In many unsuspecting people, nonhealing wounds have led to diabetes being diagnosed. Diabetes also affects nerve supply, so delayed healing may go unnoticed too. Post injury, it is also important to completely stop movement, as circulation needs to be maintained for proper, quick healing.
- Infection: By preventing tissue regeneration and interfering with blood clotting, they can prolong bleeding and cause chronic inflammation. This leads to delayed healing and in most cases, worsening of the current situation.
- Fluid accumulation/edema: Any injury causes leakage of cellular fluid into the surrounding tissues. This causes edema and the surrounding tissue is often swollen. This leads to poor circulation also, which is another cause for delayed healing. Edema also reduces tissue repair difficult, not allowing skin to form over the wound.
Symptoms: While the wound per se is an indication, there are also other symptoms which indicate a non-healing wound.
- Pain, which has not subsided
- Swelling, discharge, odor, and skin color changes due to the ongoing infection. A thin discharge is not worrisome, but a thicker or foul-smelling discharge is definitely a cause for concern
- Open wound: Most wounds heal within the 30-day period. If the wound is open beyond that, it is always advisable to seek medical support.
Management: This would include generic and local treatment.
Generic treatment would include a nutritious diet, good sleep and rest, adequate exercise and rehab program to ensure adequate mobility, and frequent monitoring. In addition, conditions like diabetes have to be monitored and brought under control.
Local treatment options would be:
- Wound debridement and skin or tissue grafting
- Medications to improve wound healing
- Hyperbaric oxygen to provide more oxygen to the wound in particular
- Vascular repair to improve circulation.
Delayed healing of wounds should not be ignored; timely medical help can avoid complications.
I am 23rd old male from Mombasa kenya. I have a knee injury with acl tear and have done a mri scan. What should I do now?
Sir please help me to recover to stand and walk my aunty because he is suffering from a hip broken bones in an a accident sir please say how to recover this problem
Are you suffering from joint pain which is causing a lot of distress in undertaking your daily activities? Homeopathy is an effective treatment measure for joint paints which is completely natural and does not involve side effects of any kind. Joint pain is experienced after one of your joints get damaged, and may also result in joint inflammation. The most common causes of joint pain include medical conditions like osteoarthritis, gout, general injuries, sprains, and rheumatoid arthritis. There are several types of homoeopathic medicines that are used for treating joint pain. Here is a list of the best homoeopathic medicines used, along with the symptoms experienced based on which they are prescribed:
Sanguinaria Can and Ferrum Met
- Sanguinaria Can is used for treating joint pains which occur in the shoulder. This medicine is usually used for treating joint pains on the right-hand side of your shoulder. The right shoulder is likely to feel stiff with pain that worsens with movement. The pain is indicated to worsen during night time.
- Ferrum Met, on the other hand, is used for curing left sided shoulder pain. Stiffness and cracking are experienced by a patient in his left shoulder, along with intense pain. The pain is subjected to increase on raising your arms.
- This is a very effective medicine that is used for treating joint pain.
- It helps in the management of both acute and chronic joint pains.
- It is prescribed when marked stiffness and extreme pain are experienced in the joints.
- It is effective in treating joint pains of all forms such as rheumatoid reasons, and joint pain from overexertion. It is common for the pain to worsen when you are immobile and it improves with mobility.
Bryonia and Ruta
- These homoeopathic medicines are used in case of joint pain which occur on the elbows.
- Bryonia is prescribed when the joint pain worsens even when there is no movement. It helps in providing ideal relief. Stiffness and swelling of the elbow joint are also indicated.
- On the other hand, Ruta is used for treating joint pains in the elbow when the pain is situated near your condyles. In such cases, raising and stretching of arms cause the pain to worsen. This medicine is also effective in the case of sore and inflamed tendons near your elbow joint that result in pain.
It is important for you to consult an experienced homeopathic practitioner before starting homoeopathic treatment for joint pains on your own. A doctor will be able to diagnose your condition the best and provide you with the most effective homoeopathic remedies.