Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Samundeeswari.S
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Samundeeswari.SYour feedback matters!
I have dysentery and going loose motion so far (till 7 P.m) 3 times. I feel little vomiting sensation and haven't had lunch as I used to have regularly. Please let me know the medication ASAP. Thanks.
Suggest me how can I free from the irritating headache. It happen always especially when I come from sunlight.
I am 20 year old and I daily masturbating at the night time. Is that any serial problem for me to do everyday masturbating? Prefer me standard duration for masturbating? Is that any serious problem in future? Please suggest me in briefly.
i am suffering from Maxillary sinus sir I do not do not know about sir please explain and proscribe some medicine.
My sister is 21 and she has an unusual problem with her nose. She has a runny nose since her childhood and we thought it will go with the age but it is becoming serious day by day she suffers from cold 365 days and associated with this she feels tired all the time, she sleeps lot of the times as if she has insomnia, she is not feeling hungry at all, recently she is getting some sort of pimples on her eyelid edges, the liquid coming out her nose is thick and dark in its colour, it has some unpleasant odour also. What is she suffering from?
I am suffering from very poor digestion my opening is so tight ,i cannot evacuate fees also I can't breath easily every time hard constipation persists in my body and the abdomen remains always hard the problem suffering me from 4 years it gives me relief only when I take medicine and when I leave medicine the problem again reappear so please give me the permanent solution to come out this problem.
With changing times the nature and effects of virus and bacteria are also changing and due to this, one of the biggest risks of unprotected sex is catching a sexually transmitted disease or STD. An STD can be contacted by any form of intercourse including oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STDs are serious diseases that should not be ignored and require treatment and medication. Some common STDs are:
The only way to protect yourself from an STD is to abstain from unprotected sex and always use a condom. Sometimes STD infections have no symptoms and can remain dormant for years, hence it is essential to get yourself regularly treated for STDs if you have more than one sexual partner.
On the other hand some STDs have visible symptoms such as:
- Skin rash: A rash in the genital area is most often a sign of STDs. This can be in the form of bumps, sores or warts. It may or may not be accompanied by itchiness. A rash caused by a STD usually results in redness and inflammation. Herpes sores may subside within a week or so but just because the rash is gone does not mean the infection has been treated. Hence even if the rash disappears before your doctor's visit, ensure you mention it.
- Painful urination: A burning sensation or pain while urinating is a symptom for a number of STDs. There may also be a change in the colour of urine. Some STDs associated with painful urination as Chlamydia, gonorrhea and trichomoniasis. However, this may also be triggered by kidney stones or a urinary tract infection.
- Painful intercourse: Pain during intercourse is one of the most overlooked symptoms of a sexually transmitted disease. While a little pain may be normal, any sudden increase in pain or new type of pain should not be ignored. This should be kept in mind especially when having intercourse with a new partner or if there is a change in sexual habits. When it comes to men's sexual health, pain at the time of ejaculation can be a symptom of a STD.
- Abnormal discharge: Abnormal discharge from the vagina or penis can be a symptom of a number of infections not all of which are STDs. Strangely coloured and odorous vaginal discharge can be a symptom of yeast infections or a Sexually transmitted disease like trichomoniasis or gonorrhea. Bleeding in between periods can also be a symptom of a STD. Abnormal discharge from the penis can be a sign of Chlamydia, gonorrhea or trichomoniasis.
Sir I had sex with a prostitute today without using condom (vaginal intercourse only), now I am afraid of having HIV? What should I do to prevent it? Please give me a clear idea about it, whether I have a chance of getting HIV? If so, what should I do now? Is there any way to prevent it?
Diabetes is often considered as deadly as cancer. It is a disease that requires lifestyle changes and diet modifications. It is also a disease that affects almost the entire system of your body. Whether you have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, it will do you a world of good to understand the effects of diabetes. Neurovascular damage is one of the most common effects, this means that diabetes will affect the nerves and blood supply of the body.
While Type 1 diabetes makes its presence felt much earlier and is hereditary quite often, Type 2 appears later in life with age and cumulative stress. The effects of diabetes are related to the duration of the disease. Therefore, people with Type 1 diabetes are more likely to have the symptoms early on and need to learn to manage them. Type 2 makes its appearance later, but needs good monitoring for the effects to not surface or prolong the severity of symptoms.
As we all know, all body systems are affected by diabetes, sexual health is no exception. Diabetes decreases blood supply and impacts the nerves in the genitals, thus causing a series of issues right from reduced libido and erectile dysfunction in males to vaginal dryness and painful coitus (perunia) in females.
Listed below are issues diabetic men and women face in terms of sexual health:
- Diabetes reduces testosterone levels, which is directly reflected in reduced libido. Altered nerve function does not provide proper signals to the penis and there is also reduced blood flow to the organ. Both these can diminish the chances of a good erection. Studies have shown that among men who have had diabetes for 10 years, about 50% have experienced erectile dysfunction. Pregnant
- The affected nerve function also leads to difficulties in reaching a climax. Diabetes in men can additionally cause Peyronie's disease, which leads to a curved penis, and this leads to painful and difficult erections and coitus.
- It leads to reduced sexual desire due to testosterone levels. Vaginal dryness is very common in females with diabetes and therefore, there is a definite decline in the urge.
- The above mentioned neurovascular damage also prevents women from reaching a good climax, as the nerve supply is affected.
- Diabetes also increases the predisposition to urinary tract infections, which can lead to painful sexual experience due to additional vaginal dryness and itching.
Finally, as much as it may sound as a cause for concern, it is not. People with diabetes know that making small lifestyle changes can go a long way in terms of onset of symptoms, their severity, and the leading of a normal life. Modifications in diet and lifestyle to include healthy eating, reduced stress, and exercising are very useful. It is also very important to talk to your doctor about how your sexual health has changed with diabetes. It is a sensitive and private topic, but if you are concerned about it, then do not hesitate to seek help. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am suffering from stomach infection for last two weeks. I lost 2 kg weight in a month. Please guide me proper diet.
I am facing" nightfall" for a long time and do not know the conclusion. I hesitate to share my problem with someone. Because of this problem I am losing body weight and some other related problems! Please provide some supportive measures!
What is best time to have green tea before meal or after meal. How green tea is helpful in weight and body detoxification.
I had chicken pox in the month of December 2015. After getting relief from it still I have a new problem. The problem is the marks of the pox is too much dark that it looks me ugly. Now I am getting pimples on to my marks now. I do not know what to do. What type of symptoms is it?
I had spine tuberculosis. Now after 9 months of medicine I had checkup and now reports and MRI signals the tb is now cured. Only issue in MRI suggest disc related issue which doctor said to consult physiotherapist. Doctor also suggested although tuberculosis is over but doctor said to continue 9more months of tb medication as per nizam institute of medical sciences guideline. My worry is if I continue 9 months of tb medication especially when tb is over, will it be good for my health or not .
I am 24 years old. I am very thin. My health is deteriorating. What should I do. What to include in daily diet for body building. Is some protein supplements I can take. I hav a bad habit of masturbation once a week.
When we speak of tea, it is commonly assumed to be black tea with milk and sugar. However, the word ‘Tea’ means any herb. This means even hot Tulsi water is Tulsi tea or hot mint water is Mint tea. Many herbs can be converted into tea such as jasmine tea, lemon tea, lemon grass tea, masala tea, sounf tea etc.
When the decoction of the leaves and the water is reduced to 50% on boiling, it is called Kadha. Black tea without milk and sugar is much healthier than black tea with milk and sugar.
Classical tea without sugar and milk has an astringent taste. But according to Ayurveda, this is good for health as it reduces Kapha imbalance. When sugar and milk is added, both of which have sweet taste, they neutralize the weight reducing and kapha–relieving properties of the black tea. Therefore, milk or sugar should not be added to tea. For the purpose of taste, one can add Gur or jaggery or artificial plant sweetener Stevia.
Black tea is also a mild diuretic and increases urination as it contains caffeine, which is also a stimulant. This is the reason why tea is used to remain awake. In this regard, coffee is stronger than tea. When taken in moderation, black tea is good for the heart and general health. If one has to choose tea then jasmine, lemon and lemongrass teas are better.
In Ayurveda, different teas have been prescribed for different personalities. Therefore, you can get vata–pacifying tea, pitta–pacifying tea and kapha–pacifying tea.