Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. SamuelYour feedback matters!
Research has shown that sitting for prolonged durations has many dangerous effects on our body in the long term.
1) On your back -
The problem: sitting for long hours can cause muscle aches and pains. It can also lead to abnormal bending of your spine which may make one more prone to have long term back pain.
The solution: keep your back straight and maintain proper posture.
2) On your weight -
The problem: according to a recent research, people who say they watch television frequently are 40 per cent less likely to exercise than non-tv watchers.
The solution: get up and get moving.
3) On your brain
The problem: researchers recently found that prolonged session of watching tv before going to bed makes it harder to fall asleep, reduces sleep, and makes one groggy the next day, even after clocking eight hours of sleep. The reason is that the blue light which the television emits, inhibits the release of melatonin, a hormone that helps you go to sleep.
The solution: limit your tv viewing to two hours after work.
4) On your lungs
The problem: among the many health hazards it causes, sitting for long hours can also shrink your lung capacity by a third, so you get less oxygen, which causes a decrease in mental focus the second you sit on the couch.
The solution: sit on a chair with a pillow behind your lower back. It is a position that helps open your lungs.
5) On your heart
The problem: An international study found out that on an average, every single hour of television watching after 25 reduces life expectancy by close to 22 minutes.
The solution: researchers have discovered little mortality risk for people who watch less than an hour a day. Pick a show that's a real brain numbing deal, so you're more likely to need time between episodes.
When I do squat there is bubble like sound coming from my left knees. M just 24. I hope its not major.
I have got injured during football match. My right side ribs got severe pain. I felt down during match by hand. What will be the reason behind the pain and what will I do to recover my pain.
Sir my Mri findings ,right knee-mild medical degeneration in post horn of Med meniscus, grade 1 chondromalacia patella, mild quadriceps tendinitis Left knee-mild medical degeneration in ant and post horn medial meniscus, subtle quadriceps and patellar tendinitis ,grade 1 chondromalacia patella. Finished 7 days of oral medication ,what is my prognosis .the scan was taken 14 days after.
Hello there! Mere daddy ko above 25 to 30 years se Knee mai pain ho raha hai. Bhot Dr. kre but koi fark nhi pdha. Aur ab jab bhi knee mai pain hota hai toh oh chal bhi nahi sakhte. So please koi solution bataoh.
The problem of morning back and neck pain may be due to the position of sleeping or it may be related to inflammatory arthritis which can be familial. Morning back pain is largely related to wrong sleeping posture and less commonly due to arthritic conditions like Ankylosing Spondylitis or Rheumatoid Arthritis. Whatever be the cause- this condition requires attention by an Orthopedic doctor as it may worsen in due course of time and should not be taken lightly.
Some common factors causing this are:
- Mattress: Too soft or too hard a mattress might induce back ache after sleep. For people with waist and hips of equal proportion, a firmer mattress would do well. For those with narrower waist than their hips, a flexible and softer mattress that can move with the pelvic weight would be a perfect choice. Refrain from using old hardened mattresses.
- Pillow: The pillow you use must be able to render support to your neck naturally. Instead of using excessively firm or soft pillow, try substituting it with memory foam pillows, refillable water pillows or cervical support pillows.
- Posture: Not changing your position while sleeping or sleeping on the belly exerts strain on the back muscles, causing pain. On the other hand, sleeping on the back or on the sides causes comparatively less strain on the spine.
- Other causes such as strenuous workouts or physical activities or sitting at a stretch during the day might cause pain while sleeping or after getting up from bed.
Remedies for Morning Back Pain:
Fortunately, there are some home remedies to cure the morning back pain.
- Switching your mattress is a more expensive remedy for back pain, but may often be the ultimate cure. Most people sleep the best on medium-firm mattresses. Be sure to try out the mattress before you buy it.
- For occasional back pain after sleeping, apply heat to your back to relax your muscles before you go to bed and when you get up in the morning.
- Massage your back with pain relieving creams and apply heat on it with a heating pad for quick relief.
- Specific spinal stretching exercises and Planks (a type of exercise) can greatly help in easing back pain, if done on a regular basis.
- It is always recommended to CONSULT an Orthopaedic doctor if you suffer from morning back pain.
Hello, I'm 20 years old. Actually, I'm feeling a very sharp pain in my heel from 2 days without any injury. I always use to go by vehicle anywhere and rarely use to go by foot. I feels this pain whenever I go by foot. May I know the reason?
I m 24 years old girl nd I have cervical prlm frm last 3 month nd that's why I can't ride by bike so what should I do fr relief.
A painful, common condition that affects the lower part of the spine is termed as back pain. It is mostly caused by strain (muscle injury) or sprain (ligament injury). Some other causes include poor posture, improper lifting, fracture, infrequent exercise, arthritis or a ruptured disk. Usually, pain in the lower back is the only symptom.
Conventional treatment for back pain often includes
2. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
3. Weight control
If these treatments fail, then the only option left is surgery. Either discectomy (surgical procedure to relieve pressure in the disc by removing the gel-like substance in the disc) or foraminotomy (surgical procedure to expand the gaps through which the nerves pass) is performed.
However, conventional therapy usually has side-effects and only manages to suppress the problem, not cure it. If you seek a cure, Ayurveda is an excellent option. Usually, Ayurvedic remedies are non-invasive, natural and can be arranged at home.
Here are some great Ayurvedic treatments:
1. According to the principles of Ayurveda, imbalance in the doshas can lead to problems in the body. The goal of Ayurveda is to balance the doshas and heal the body from the inside. So a lot of Ayurvedic treatments comprise of foods that need to be consumed for the body to heal. For example, you can blend wheat, coriander powder, khuskhus powder and milk together, boil it for twenty minutes and then consume it at room temperature. This will relieve your pain.
2. Another thing you can do is fry garlic in coconut oil and then use the oil to massage over the affected areas on your back.
3. To restore the damaged dosha, daily purgation is suggested.
4. Practicing Yoga can go a long way in managing your pain as well. In Ayurveda, pain is seen as a result of exerting yourself too much, either emotionally or physically. If your spine needs strength, your mind must be strong first of all. So, firstly, your mind needs balance before you can focus on the affected areas. When doing Yoga, start with easy postures such as back-bends. Consult a yoga therapist or teacher before you start doing any yoga posture.