Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Samuel GnanamYour feedback matters!
I am 24 female and m pregnant. I have been suffering a lot since a week and could not have anything as I end up with vomiting. My legs are too weak. and as a whole my whole body is suffering. What to do.
Good morning sir I am 40 year old have a pain in one knee due to cartilage loss It is because my leg is little bit tilt In daily working I am comfortable But some time it get start paining Can you help me so that it does not get more damage in future.
My friend had an accident some years ago. Somehow she felt that she is nt able to stand up. She went fr the treatment. After MRI and XRay. All the reports found to be normal. Bt she still have the pain from the tail bone to the neck regularly. sometimes the pain aggravate so much so that she is nt able to walk properly. Through the reports problem is still nt identified. Wat could be the problem or issue. As there is regular pain to her because of this. please reply.
I am suffering from knee nearly 3 years I am using knee regularly but there is no solution for it paining same.
Dear sir, I am suffering from Back pain since 1 month I have been to many doctors but found nothing in the xray and medical reports. Please suggest some tips. Doctor said that it is just a muscle pain. I will be eagerly waiting for your reply Thankyou.
Previously for my left disc some extra growth came and it touches to spinal cord because of that I was getting leg and back pain. In 2011 doctor did some operation and removed extra growth after that till last week I haven't faced any problem. But now I am getting pain at operated place and full leg pain and low back ache. My height is 5.7 and weight is 90kgs.
I am suffering of spondylosis due to that my muscles as well as back shoulders gets freeze due to this I am very uncomfortable, kindly suggest medication or home remedies.
A broken bone is medically termed as a fracture.Fractures are linked with age as bones tend to become weak as one ages, so, the chances of a fracture occurring also increases. Fractures are usually classified into four types-
1. Closed fracture - In this type of fracture, the breaking of the bone does not result in an open wound
2. Open fracture- The opposite of closed fracture, the bone breaks through the skin. This may result in infections
3. Non-displaced fracture - in this type of fracture, the bone cracks but is not shifted out of its regular position.
4. Displaced fracture - A displaced fracture occurs when the affected bone is shifted out of its natural position.
Fractures can be caused by a number of factors, they are
1. Road accidents
2. When someone falls from a height
3. When the bone is directly exposed to a strong blow
4. When the bone is exposed to a repetitive force from activities such as sprinting
5. Osteoporosis, which is a condition where the bones become weak
6. The bones in the body tends to weaken with age, so at this time they become highly susceptible to fractures
1. Swelling in the area accompanied by pain
2. Limited movement of the affected joint
3. Muscle spasms
4. The affected area may also become numb
The first step to diagnose a fracture is the knowing about the medical history of the patient and conducting a physical exam. The diagnosis is further confirmed by using imaging tests such as -
1. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) - In this procedure, images of internal body parts are taken with the help of a magnetic field and pulses of radio energy. MRIs can pick up signs of fractures very quickly, that is within the first week of injury. It is also easier to distinguish fractures from other related injuries in case of MRI.
2. X-rays -X-rays are a procedure that involves sending x-ray particles through an area to detect a fracture. Signs of a fracture may take several weeks to show up in x-rays.
3. Bone scan - In bone scans, some radioactive material is put inside the body through intravenous methods. These material tend to accumulate in the fractured area which then shows up in the images as a bright spot. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.