Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Samuel DinakaranYour feedback matters!
Sir my name yash I am feeling pain in my oesophagus from last 4 months I have consult so many doctors and have ECG and xRay also please tell some please save my life.
Dear Sir, My Name is Mallesh, I am leaving in Vizag, and I am having the problem of my shoulder pain, I am doing marketing job for that reason I will journey daily 100 Km by my bike. Regards, Mallesh.
I am a housewife and have been doing housework sin26 years. I have lot of pain in my shoulders and feet along with heel. It is so severe that I can't walk in the morning. Also otherwise not able to walk. Shoulder pain is also severe from many years. Taking painkillers to subside pain but in vain. Pl help.
Dear Dr. My husband is suffering from fever since yesterday & his all joints have pain. Today he was went to MD Dr. he took CBC & one more test which I send you in Attachment. These test has negative. But Dr. told all symptoms shown that it is chikungunya or dengue viral so he prescribed total bed rest. Dr. sir is it any danger fir my hubby. I am very worried kindly give ans little bit long I am very afraid. What precautions we need now.
SIR, I HAVE LOT OF PAIN IN MY WRISTS. I FEEL IT IS DUE TO USE OF COMPUTER. ALSO I FEEL MY MUSCLES ARE SLIGHTLY WEAK. I AM USING SOYA AND EGG PROTEIN AND DOING GYM REGULARLY. PLEASE SUGGEST REMEDY OR MEDICINES.
I have lot of pain in calf muscles which radiates till ankle, especially left leg. This has started after my second child, 4 years back. Night sometimes I can't sleep because of this pain. When massaged I feel temporary relief. Should I take multivitamin or calcium or vitamin d3 tablets?
I have pain in my right side shoulder, what type of exercise I have to perform for getting relaxed from this?
His knees and his hands bones are weak. He feels pain whenever he wake up in tbe morning what should he do?
Shoulder is paining a lot from last 4-5 months. Consulted with mbbs many times and did every possible things but result is nothing. even at working, sleeping, stretching it pains a lot. And it had automatically started. Please suggest.
Inflammation and resultant pain in the joints are usually the basic tenets of Arthritis. This joint disorder can be painful and often, a debilitating one. It can also make the joints stiff. There are many ways of dealing with this problem, but with Ayurveda, one can get to the root cause of the ailment and its presence. This helps in taking a well rounded holistic approach towards treating it with ancient know how that revolves around herbs and other natural substances which have great medicinal value, lifestyle changes, diet, exercise and Yoga, oil massages, and other methods. Arthritis is known as Sandhivata in Ayurvedic jargon.
Read on to find out how Ayurveda can help in dealing with Arthritis.
- Herbs: One can make use of various herbs that contain Linoleic Acid to help in providing lubrication to the joints so as to prevent pain and stiffness. These herbs include Borage seed oil which is extracted from Borage seed, Evening Primrose oil, Blackcurrant seed oil, Capsaicin, Curcumin, Feverfew, Flaxseed oil and a standard Ayurvedic concoction that combines Ashwagandha, Gugulla, ginger, cumin and haldi or turmeric. These substances can help in treating the joints that are suffering from the pain of Arthritis.
- Diet: In Ayurveda, to treat ailments like Arthritis, it is usually recommended that a patient should start by flushing out the body toxins from within. Diet is one of the ways in which this can be done. A detoxification diet to clean the colon would be one of the foremost ways of doing a cleanse. Further, in one's daily diet, there should be a good dose of vegetables, fruits and other juices. Also, one must have plenty of herbs and spices, which can be used to season the food. Curd should generally be avoided and garlic should be used liberally. The various properties that help in an inside out cleanse that will help the system function in a better manner so that the treatment of ailments is also effectively supported.
- Exercise: In Ayurveda, a certain amount of daily exercise, which spans at least 45 minutes to one hour, is a must. A pattern of healthy eating, restful sleep and exercise is what usually helps in treating ailments like Arthritis. For this ailment specifically, light exercise like walking is recommended. Various Yoga asanas that involve sitting, standing, balancing and lying down poses as well as restful poses will also help in treating knee, shoulder and lower back pain specifically. Also, mustard oil massages can help in reducing the pain.
These are the few ways in which Ayurveda can help Arthritis patients live a more normal life with minimal pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I want dislocation specialist doctor My left shoulder recurrent dislocation so at present I'm doing physiotherapy exercise actually operation should be done but operation causes I miss some moments permanently of my left hand so how can I proceed? Please give reply..
Iam 35 years old I have shoulder pain since last 2 years, whenever I sit in a. C. Room for 1 hour my shoulder pain starts, tell me what to do ?
Hi my mother she is 45 years old for last 1yr she have right hand nerves pains up to neck, what should I do?
Have you undergone cartilage damage recently and are seeking ideal treatment measures? Cartilage damage is a common form of injury that involves your knees. Other joints such as the ankles, elbows and hips may also be affected by cartilage damage. Cartilage, the tough and flexible tissues covering the surface of your joints, acts as a shock absorber, allowing the bones to slide over each other. Cartilage damage may occur because of injuries such as a gradual wear, sports injuries and osteoarthritis. While acute cartilage damage may heal on its own, severe damage may need treatment via surgical measures.
- Physiotherapy is effective when you experience difficulty in moving your affected joint.
- It is also an important part of recovery if you have to undergo surgical procedures for treating cartilage damage.
- A physiotherapist will teach you certain exercises that are effective for strengthening the muscles that surround and support your affected joint.
- This helps in reducing pain and pressure on the joint.
- Severe and serious cartilage damage does not heal effectively on its own, and a surgery may be required for treatment.
- Usually, surgery is performed by using Arthroscopy. This is a form of keyhole surgery in which certain instruments are inserted into your affected joint via incisions or small cuts.
- In some cases, larger incisions have to be made.
- Such surgeries are carried out after giving general anesthesia to the patient.
The most common surgeries that are undertaken in cases of cartilage damage include the following:
Lavage and debridement
- In this form of surgery, your joint is cleaned for the removal of any loose tissues.
- The damaged edges are trimmed to be made smooth. Sometimes, the damage may also be repaired during the same time.
- In this procedure, tiny holes are made on the bone beneath your damaged cartilage that releases the bone marrow in it.
- The marrow cells stimulate the production of new cartilage.
- In this procedure, small plugs of healthy cartilage from areas of a joint that are non-weight bearing are removed and used for replacing areas of the affected cartilage.
- This procedure involves the alteration of the alignment of your leg for reducing pressure on the damaged area.
- It is effective in improving pain.
- A wedge of bone may be removed or added from your thigh bone or shin bone.
- The bone gets fixed with a plate till it gets healed.
In some cases, a joint replacement surgery has to be carried out. In this procedure, the entire affected joint is removed and replaced with an artificial joint. Hip replacement and knee replacement are common examples of this kind of surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
Hello doctor, I am 52 years old female. I am having pain and stiffness in my calf muscles. Especially during night. Also, I feel pain in my fingers joints and toes joints when I press them. Please suggest me the solution to this problem. Thanks and regards. I am getting cramps in my legs while I am sleeping.
When I use to walk for a 2 km or more I am getting legs pain so badly the whole day and can't get sleep at night. so, what to do?
I am 26 year female, have pain in tip of coccyx for past 5 months which aggravates on sitting. What could it possibly be?
Staying healthy involves a wholesome state of being where the mind and body are in perfect sync. A less than properly functioning body can leave you in a state of potential depression after a certain point of time, while a depressive mind can leave you feeling less than stellar where you end up imagining and experiencing pain. The health of your bones and joints is one such area that requires even more care as you start growing older. Wear and tear is just one of the reasons for degeneration while fractures and injuries can lead to a sudden halt of normal functioning of the bones and joints too.
So how can you ensure bone and joint health in the long run? Follow our tips!
- Eating Right: Pick calcium rich food like dairy products that have a low fat content, including milk and yogurt. Also, have a daily dose of green, leafy vegetables and plenty of citrus fruit and juices for your fill of calcium. Further, food like eggs and soybeans which have lots of vitamin D can also help in retaining good bone and joint health. Vitamin C rich fruit like watermelon, oranges, squash and tomatoes also help in natural tissue and cartilage repair. And finally, get plenty of vitamin K to retain good bone density for a prolonged period with ingredients like leafy green vegetables, eggs and cheese.
- Exercise: This is the key to good bone and joint health. Much like machinery and tools, the bones and joints of your body can also wither with disuse and prolonged inactivity. Make sure that you indulge in exercises like long walks and muscle strengthening exercises which will give your joints and bones good amount of strength as well. Remember to speak with your doctor before you start a new exercise regime so that you avoid anything that may be harmful in case you have any other ailment. Low impact exercises will strengthen the spine, while fat burning and weight loss exercises will ensure that there is less pressure on the knees and lumbar area. Swimming and resistance building exercises can also be practised for these purposes.
- Abstinence: A major factor in promoting better bone and joint health is abstinence from all those things that can create problems in the long run, like smoking, drinking excessively and even too much consumption of caffeine and fatty food. All these things can create depletion of the natural bone mass. Also, switching to a lower heel for everyday wear footwear and changing your position during your time at your workstation are a few things that will go a long way.
Take care of your bones and joints the right way today, for a healthier tomorrow.