Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. SampathYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from back pain since 1 month and can't sleep comfortable. Can y suggest me what shall I do?
I am a 60-year-old male having severe back pain. The muscles do not carry my body weight and I lose balance. I can hardly walk for 30 odd metres and then I have to sit down and take rest before continuing my journey. The pain is so severe that I can not sleep at might. Pain seems to be travelling down to upper thighs though it concentrates in my lower back. I can not do any exercise. I am a heart patient - had aerotic valve replaced and quadruple bypass surgery in 2010. I am on warfarin, beta-blockers and bp controlling tablets. Please suggest remedy ?
I am 27 years old male & having backpain/neckpain since more than 2 years. Please suggest some solutions other than surgery.
Sir I have problem regarding joint pain since 2 years that why I unable walk properly and unable to stand properly.
I am 20 yrs and I have lower back pain since 2 days and what care do should take to cure this problem and what precautions should I take to avoid this any further and also I have cold and head ache along with that. Thank you.
I am 26 year old and I have backpain from 1 month and I have used some medicines bt I do not get relief tell me what should I do?
I have serve back pain, may it because of my sitting habits I feel so. Pain is utter, please provide me so remedies for the above pain.
Sir when ever I bend my neck forward I get pain in lower right side of my back is there any exercise for that.
I have been getting mild low back pain & Neck pain off & ion since last few months, Earlier it was only after walking for some distance. Now it is even present at rest. I have no fever or injury. My weight is 71 kgs . Age 54 years. Height 167 CMs . The pain occurred for the first time at rest when I was going in a Taxi from Pune To Mumbai last year. in between the Back & neck pain disappeared but has come back about a month ago.
I have immense pain in my lower back since the previous 6 months. Please suggest what to do over this. The pain is exponentially increasing with time.
Mosquitoes, though tiny, can wreak havoc on the human health. Malaria and dengue were common enough, but now another disease doing the rounds is chikungunya. This is a viral disease that spreads by the bites of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. The disease lasts for 5 to 7 days and the catch is that there is no identified cure for the disease.
Symptoms of chikungunya are very non-indicative and include high temperature, rashes and multiple spots on the body, multiple joint pains, headaches, conjunctivitis and insomnia problem. The presence of joint pains associated with a high incidence of mosquito breeding is indicative of chikungunya. The fever usually subsides in a couple of days, but the other symptoms would persist for about a week.
Management of chikungunya includes a combination of prevention and treatment. Prevention is more important than treatment as it is easier done.
- To the maximum extent possible, avoid mosquito bites.
- Avoid using rain water-filled containers, potted plants that stagnate water and drinking bowls for domestic animals.
- Wear full-sleeved clothing when mosquito bites are likely to be higher.
- Use mosquito repellents in the forms of coils, creams, and mats
- Use mosquito nets where possible
- Prevent mosquito breeding by draining possible areas of water stagnation
Treatment: There is no specific allopathic remedy for the treatment of chikungunya. The prescribed medicines are only for symptomatic relief, and given the intense and prolonged joint pains, the patient ends up using a lot of pain killers. There are cases where the pains may persist for up to 6 months. This is where Ayurveda comes into the picture, as there are multiple effective remedies that have been proven effective over the ages.
- Massage your joints with a mixture of castor oil, drumstick, camphor, garlic, and coconut oil. This oil can be heated and stored in a glass jar for about 3 days. Warm this oil and use it for effective relief of the joint pains.
- A mixture of castor oil and cinnamon can also be used to massage the painful joints.
- A concoction of ajwain seeds, raisins or dry grapes, tulsi leaves, and neem leaves boiled in water is an effective remedy for the joint pains. This is to be used when it is warm after food and the residual ingredients chewed upon.
- A diet rich in fresh fruits, greens and vegetables is highly recommended.
- Drinking sufficient amounts of liquids (water, coconut water, lime juice, and buttermilk) to keep good hydration levels and recuperate from the illness.
- Ensure sufficient rest for the joints even after the initial fever has subsided.
Ayurveda has references to something called “sandhijwara” which is “fever of the joints”. Sandhijwara is very similar to chikungunya and these remedies used for this can be very useful in treating chikungunya. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.