Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Samith Babu A. ShettyYour feedback matters!
I am 35 years old. Uric acid is 8.2. Multiple joints are paining severe. Is it possible to have severe pain due to slightly high uric acid level?
She is pregnant from 2 months she has also take a medicine 75 mg of thyroid what's your suggestions at this stages.
I am a diabetic patient last 7 years. Many doctors said that not to eat rice and some said you may eat. Now tell me what is right eat or not.?
I am 36 years old, recently detected thyroid. Please tell me how to care my health. Food, exercises etc.
I am 62 year having diabetes under control. Having pain in body for last three days, I stopped drinking a fortnight away, burning sensation in feet sole.
My fasting sugar in blood is 98, Is It the sign of diabetic person? How can I reduce my sugar below 90 without medicine?
Does stress or anxiety causes blood sugar levels to shoot up. If yes, what is the remedy for avoiding harmful consequences of that.
My wife is 32 years and is having thyroid. She suffers from allergic running nose every morning. What is the best way to reduce the thyroid and also the allergy.
According to some professional doctors, if I am not pre diabetic patient, Fbs show show 70 to 110, for me it will show 114, 112& some time it show 97 and PPbs normal showed be 80 to 140, mines it shows 135, 138 & 125 like that, but HbA1c - 5.6,really I don't have pre diabetes? Bcoz of this tension I am suffering from headache, not only me becoz of my behaviour my kids are very sad, even my husband is fully tension. Now what had happened means every intake in take after that I want test the reading, it has become habit since from one week. I am became nervous due to this change in my body. Next week we planned to go for vocational, even I think I won't enjoy their also due to this fully diet. I am fully confused what to eat r not to eat.
What are the benefits of hot fermentation to lower back for diabetic patients. I am 66 years lady suffering from diabetes since last 6-7 years but controlled.
I am a blood sugar patient now a days I found that I am retaining water in my body my foots are swelling whereas my creatinine level is under control what should I do at present I am taking dytor plus to get rid of water retention.
Docs I want to know that as ramzan has started so it would be ok if I take thyroid tablet at night or have to take one hour early before taking morning food? Thank you.
I am 48 year old man, having diabetics last 20 years. Now I am having the stomach pain since one week. Did the ultrasound scan and lab tests for blood and motion. All the results are ok, but still the pain is there and its developing to back side of the stomach also. Please advise me the next course of action.
I am 23 years old female. I have hypothyroid. My tsh is 8.20, t3 is 0.9 and t4 is 5.3. Is it curable? what should I follow?
My daughter is having hypothyroidism and is currently on thyronorm 100 mcg per day, her current tsh reading is 8.04 uiu/ml, kindly advice if the dose needs to be increased.
Diabetes is a very common lifestyle disease, which happens when your body is not able to produce the insulin hormone or does not know how to use it in the right way. In such a scenario the glucose remains in the blood, and causes your blood sugar level to shoot up. It is a common knowledge that diabetes is a home for other diseases. Therefore managing it or preventing it is of utmost importance and in order to the same, one has to focus on the overall health and fitness of your body.
But managing diabetes is a challenge that most patients face every day. This is because there are so many aspects to be kept in mind right from workout to food to stress and general health, all of which work together to help you maintain the right blood sugar levels.
Here goes a holistic approach to aid you manage diabetes:
- Keep a record of the food you consume: When you are learning to control the level of blood sugar in your body, it would be very helpful if you maintain a journal of what food items you are eating every day. This will make it easier for you to monitor your diet and even if you indulge in some delicious savory, you can easily bring about a balance by eating the right amount of healthy fruits & vegetables for the following days.
- Exercise daily: Make exercise a part of your daily routine and empower yourself to fight diabetes. Types of exercises you can follow are brisk walking, basic weight training to boost your strength, swimming and yoga. Yoga postures which are highly beneficial in managing diabetes are Pranayam (deep breathing exercises), vajrasana, chakrasana, etc. which either enhance the insulin secretion or glucose utilisation.
- Be careful about your feet: Diabetes can lead to neuropathy and in the worst case, it may cause injuries in feet that go in-noticed because low pain sensation. Therefore, proper foot care is critical. You should wash your feet regularly with cold water and pat dry with a clean, dry towel & do make it a point to inspect the feet in front of a mirror. If there is a nerve damage along with numbness, you may notice blisters, sores, bruising, swelling, calluses or skin breakage. Thus, you will have to be very careful while inspecting your feet every day.
- Get rid of extra belly fat to reduce insulin resistance: It is a vicious circle, as extra belly fat can eventually lead to insulin resistance and insulin resistance can eventually lead to weight gain, but in order to manage and control diabetes it is important that this chain must be broken. Therefore, daily exercise of minimum 20 - 30 mins is very much required. to help you get rid of belly fat and control diabetes.
- Control Blood Pressure & Cholesterol if high: Diabetes is a host of diseases and diabetic people will eventually suffer from high blood pressure and cholesterol problem. Diabetes is a major reason of artery damage, which in turn leads to high blood pressure. In order to, maintain a healthy heart and to prevent yourself against any cardiovascular diseases it is important that you keep you cholesterol and blood pressure in check.
- Get the right treatment for sleep apnea and sleepiness during the day: Sleep apnea refers to a condition that causes breathing interruptions numerous times in a day. It is triggered by faulty signals coming from your brain or due to blocking of the airway by soft tissues present in your throat. People affected with sleep apnea are more likely to have this disorder, which leads to insulin resistance and may also be called a roadblock for controlling diabetes.
- Brush and floss on a daily basis: When you are not able to control your diabetes level, it can lead to high level of glucose in the blood. Also, it can increase the level of glucose in the saliva, which in turn paves the way for a surge in tooth decay. Also, having diabetes makes it difficult for an infection to heal and thus, if you develop a gum disease, it may become very hard for you to get rid of it. So, if you make a habit of brushing and flossing regularly, you would be able to maintain good oral hygiene and save your teeth and gums from developing any disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.