Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. SalesesYour feedback matters!
What is the cause for the disease keratoconus? What are its effects in our eye? If I undergone for treatment how long it Will take to recover my eye sight? What is the procedure for the operation? If I take in a treatment how long it will take for me for lasik surgery without keeping spectacles?
A girl who feels everything about sex but she doesn't like or enjoy intercourse and I tried so many things like lubricant n all. But nothing happened. And I got to know it's a psychological problem but at this stage what should I do. To whom should I contact? Kindly suggest.
Hi Doctor. My daughter 17 years . Sleeps around 2to3 am. Wake's up around 1 pm. She will not study . Chat with friends and watch internet. I got fed up by saying.
Laser operation is best for our eyes or not please advise me how it useful for our eyes or not I need advice from specialist doctors.
Sir. I have eye problem. Sir. No clear in night time. What can I take decision. Any problem sir. Will I hs jsjhsgks jzgsh khsg.
Diabetes can wreak havoc on the eye and the foot. Proper care is necessary in order to refrain from any serious consequences. It can damage the blood vessels and the nerves of the feet resulting in numbness and permanent disability. Some of the alarming foot symptoms include bruises, cuts, cracked skin and hard spots. Some of the common measures that need to be taken for foot include checking the temperature sensation of the foot by immersing it in hot water, drying the feet gently in between the toes and using agents such as lotion, lanolin, and petroleum jelly.
- Some of the other preventive measure includes cutting the nails when they are young and straight to ensure no injury to the foot takes place. It should be ensured the toe is not touched by the nail of the toe. A pumice stone can be used to get rid of the corns immediately after a bath. No medicated pads or sharp razors should be utilised to cut corns. The feet should be soaked in warm water before trimming nails.
- A shoe should be put on at all times to save the feet. The shoe sole should be thoroughly checked for foreign objects such as stones and nails to ensure that the foot is not hurt. Tight shoes should be strictly avoided in order to refrain from soreness and blisters. Dry and clean socks should be put up to ensure the foot is clean. For people living in cold area, wearing thick socks should be practised. This will help the foot protect from cold. Finally, a doctor should be called in case there are any visible signs of swelling, redness, cracks, pain or sensation of burning.
- Too much blood sugar can cause harm to the eye in four ways: It can cause damage to the retina, lens, optic nerve and vitreous gel. There could be serious repercussions of diabetes to the eye including low vision and complete loss of vision. Diabetes blocks the retina and is capable of cutting off the total supply of oxygen.
- Some of the common symptoms of retina related problems include double vision, a pressure in one eye, problems in corner vision, flashing lights, pain in the eye, blank spots etc. A simple check up by an oculist can reveal any eye problems related to diabetes.
- An ophthalmologist can treat the diabetes-related eye problem by medicine that blocks the protein responsible for fluid leakage and blood vessel growth. He can also go for laser treatment to treat macular edema. Even scatter laser treatments are also used for this purpose. If all else fails a doctor chooses to perform a procedure known as vitrectomy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I am 21 years old female and I surgeries for one eye because of cataract. I used lap for 8 hrs daily and some times eyes are pain. How to reduce that pain. Please suggest me about eyes.
I am experiencing strain in my eyes since 2-3 days. Even though I wear spectacles while studying still this is happening. I am studying for prolonged hours these days and oftenly my eye sight turn weak when I see other objects rather books. My lens power is 0.25 and 0.5. What to do?
Hello everybody, I am Dr Charu Tyagi. Today I will talk about Computer vision syndrome.
Computer has become part and parcel of our life. We are spending lot many hours on the screens. The screens are associated with some eye problems. Patients who have eye pain, redness, watery eyes, blury vision, headache often associated with long hours on computer. They are classified as Computer Vision Syndrome. So, we would like you to be spending time but have a mix and match activity when you are working on computers. Take time for breaks and look at distances.
People who have tendency to stare, who do not blink well, (we are suppose to blink 16-18 times in a minute), and who are in the AC atmosphere are more prone to Computer Vision Syndrome. Not wearing glasses is one of the important factors for headache and strain.
- People are adviced to blink 16-18 times in a minute.
- Maintain a good posture
- When feel tired, do palming
- Wash eyes
- Have proper hydration
- Follow the rule 20-20-20, which means that after every 20 minutes look at 20 feet or more and blink 20 times.
- Have your computer set 15 degrees and below your eye level. No bright light should be behind the computer
- Maximum contrast and minimum brightness in the computer setting
- Have anti-glare on your computer and anti-glare on your glasses.
- Proper lighting should be there above for proper vision and to avoid strain.
- Do not rub your eyes frequently as keyboards are the source of infection.
- Do not over wear your contact lenses as they can cause dryness in your eyes.
- Avoid kajal and soorma which are not very good for your eyes.
If you see that your symptoms are not improving then you need to see an eye specialist for the complete eye examination.