Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SaleemYour feedback matters!
I hav pcos. My periods r normal but very light like for 2 days. D only issue is I have lot of body hair & my head hair is getting thinner & hair fall. How to get pcos correct. please tell.
I am suffering from severe UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) which has developed further into Orchitis. Can you guide me for the precaution measures so as it will not happen again?
Hello Dr. sir I have a problem I think my sperm goes in to urine I see my sperm is going vry thin and my penis is not proper erect. But sometimes it's erect normally. You can tell me what's this problem?
Now I am 47 years old. I am facing gastro, constipation, fisher & piles problem since last one year. Can you give me the suggestions of medicines to be taken for removal of such problem.
How can we know that we are effected with diabetes with out undergoing any clinical test What are the symptoms of diabetes.
I am suffering from pcod prob what all issues will there on my future and what that exactly mean? Is this disease is so big and I should take precautions and medicines for it or it will get cure by itself? Please explain me in detail .I am very tensed for my future life as it is increasing my weight and my face is full of pimples now just because of this pcod problem.
How I can increase my sex stamina and my penis size also I want it tight and its vein is also weak please give me proper reason and remedy?
I am 23 years old, suffering from cold from last 4-5 months resulting in deep breaths and whistling sound, mainly in evening and early morning, till the time I was on antibiotics it was OK but again the same problem occurs (taking TUSQdx cough syrup now for dry cough).
I am suffering from Pharyngitis. I get irritation in my throat and sometimes it pains. How to get care and treatment?
I hv intense headache associated with eye pains. Intense headache at cortical region. Got fatigued even by simple walk.
Consuming too much alcohol can cause people a lot of problems like nausea and headache. Additionally, it can also mess up with your bowel movements and affects your motions by giving you loose motions or constipation. Alcohol hinders digestion, causes dehydration and drying out, discourages glucose metabolism and compromises the working of the central and peripheral nervous systems. The combined effect of these components is the primary reason for chronic constipation, identified with alcohol misuse.
Here are a few reasons why and how alcohol can mess up with your poop:
- Dehydration: Alcohol tends to dehydrate the body almost as much as a session in a sauna does. That is the reason your mouth feels so dry the next morning. Once your body gets dehydrated, it works extra minutes to recover the liquids and electrolytes from any place it can find them, including from the substance of your stomach. Accordingly, stools become dry, hard and difficult to pass.
- Powerlessness to move bowels: Alcohol smothers intestinal peristalsis and kills the urge to move your bowels. For the same reason, it kills your decision making ability. Inability to move your bowel when you want, expands, impacts and solidifies the already dried out stools until it gets too difficult to go out without straining and subjecting yourself to anorectal harm. These are the two issues that usually precede chronic constipation.
- Loss of electrolytes: Alcohol causes loss of electrolytes that are vital to hold dampness in the poop. Eg. Sodium and potassium. Water maintenance in the body and stools requires sodium and potassium, the minerals known as electrolytes. These are not stored in the body for the same prolonged way as calcium or magnesium and they require constant replenishment. Since alcohol stimulates urination and regularly causes diarrhea and nausea, these minerals are rapidly lost.
- Occupies digestion: Alcohol in excess causes extreme vomiting that encourages the majority of the above conditions. Liquor hinders stomach absorption and causes deferred stomach emptying. This condition is known as gastroparesis. After around 8 to 10 hours inside the stomach, undigested proteins begin to spoil. This can lead to loss of appetite and the inability to eat proper meals.
- Diarrhea: Alcohol affects your glucose level to such a degree that it might bring about loss of bowel capacity control and result in loose bowels, with symptoms like vomiting and nausea. Just like sometimes the knees go powerless on you from an excessive amount of alcohol, so does your bowel movement. In turn, diarrhea and vomiting are caused due to excess intake of alcohol may bring about serious irritation of the whole GI tract and digestive system, and fester in the body for quite a while. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.