Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Sakunthala Suresh Kumar.Your feedback matters!
Tell me homeopathy medicine for stress n headache. As I am having stress from three months. N due to this an unbearable headache I am having. Kindly reply me soon.
Depression is a psychological condition, which can develop in men and women of any age. No one can identify the cause of depression. It can be excessive stress, failure in relationships, academic pressure and various other issues of these sorts. But depression in itself is a serious condition and needs to be treated as soon as possible, lest it aggravates.
Before trying to deal with depression through medicines and counselling, it is important to recognise the signs and symptoms of this condition and try as much as possible to come out of it on your own. There are certain natural remedies, which work during the initial stages of depression. It is only when these fail or it aggravates that the patient must be rushed for immediate counselling. Here are certain natural ways of treating depression.
- Sleep well: A sign that you are suffering from depression is lack of sleep. One does not get sleep no matter how hard he/she tries. Even after having sleeping pills, one does not get the correct amount of sleep that he/she requires. This triggers insomnia, thereby causing other health problems to develop. Thus, sleeping is mandatory. If needed, you must force yourself to sleep.
- Eat well: It is often said and seen that depression leads you to binge eat or over eat. Overeating would include indulging yourself to too much chips, chocolates, junk food and the like. This would unnecessarily make you gain extra pounds and can trigger obesity. Alternately, it has been seen that the patient lacks the desire to eat anything. This too can lead to adverse effects as the body balance gets disturbed.
- Exercise: Regular exercise helps in diverting your mind to something else for a little while. It also helps in keeping you fit and healthy. In case you do not like to exercise, you can opt for jogging or running or even simply taking a walk out in the open. Going out and inhaling fresh air, makes you focus on positive thoughts for a while. A daily dose of positive thoughts can do wonders for you.
Experiment with yourself: Try something new each day that you have not tried ever before. This might include cooking, knitting, riding a bike and the likes. This keeps you busy and keeps your mind off the negative thoughts. What’s more, you might discover some of your hidden talents.
These are some of the natural remedies that you can opt for to fight depression before consulting a psychologist for the same.
A large number of skin problems like acne breaks, dull complexion are a result of unnecessary stress. Try doing yoga or meditation as they are known to be effective stress busters.
I had depression from Aug 2013 and six month before I stopped antidepressants. Till today I don't have any difficulties. But whenever I talk to people I get worried automatically. I seat in people very less and it is very difficult to wake up in morning. I always have tension to meet depression in future. I gain 25 kg weight in 2 years because of treatment.
Hi doc My life was full of failures so I fear to trust people my age is 23 and I don't have any kind of interest on sex or any kind of feelings I feel career is imp than all these my friends tease me as I am childish yet is there any kind of problems with my hormones. Pls somebody help me.
Hi I have anxiety problem it's not often but whenever I am in situation when I need to compose myself to resolve any issue or a high kind of problem especially in office suddenly my nervous system breakdown and my brain stop working I lost my control over my body. You can say panic attack or anxiety even today morning it happened when I got an issue and I required to Perform. Kindly suggest your valuable suggestion what should I do to overcome this problem.
I have been through depression and the doctor has prescribed medicines like respiridone 2 mg, 3mg , clonzepam 1mg , flutop 15 mg , mirtazapine 15mg , olanzapine 10 mg - 4 tablets combination for about 8 months - and on second appointment with nimhans i slowly stopped taking the pills and not taking any pill right now, but i still have some side effects like my stomach bloats up and still have sleep issues, for minor depression as forced to take a hell a lot of tablets, do you suggest any tablets to overcome the side effects of these tablets, i was told the toxins will remain in the gut for about 8 to 10 months. If so how do i detoxify my body, i guess i have put on good weight and not able to bring down my weight and i used to eat a lot and sleep a lot when i was on tablets, how do i retain my normal life back with no stomach bloating and proper sleep- improper sleep is causing acidity and finally leading to stomach problems and again that is not causing proper sleep so just want to know how to get rid of these side effects?
How to get rid from depression cause by many competitive exams. How to make prepared ourselves with positive thinking.
Dear Dr. I have tension an I got suffer a lot can you please give a direction how I total relax from my tension I am so depressed please help.
I am feeling like having something clumps like thing in the tips of the fingers. Something feeling like pinching or or its painful. Is these are the symptoms of corns?
Am getting Night fall ejaculations usually once a week even though am not masturbating .will it reduce weight and memory power already am under weight am worried of this .am 26 years old.
Depression is defined as a mental state, which is typified by pessimistic sense of insufficiency and a hopeless lack of activity. This state could be so severe that it may require clinical intervention. 'Relapse' is the term coined for the reappearance of signs of depression within six months after the patient has been cured of depression. The time period of depression relapse may be smaller than depression recurrence, but it is equally frightening in both the cases. It becomes very difficult for the patient to combat all the signs of depression and cope up with gloom, fatigue, bad temper etc. The person starts alienating himself from the rest of the world. So, it becomes necessary for him to follow an apt strategy to survive a depression relapse.
First of all, the patient suffering from depression relapse should immediately consult his or her therapist or psychiatrist and get an adequate treatment for the same. The treatment procedure may include intake of antidepressants and psychotherapy. While the treatment is carried on, you may require some tips to survive that time interval. Below are some guidelines for the same:
- Accept the Truth: Though it is never easy to acknowledge the state of mental illness, but it is the key to cope up with depression relapse. Accepting that depression would strike again and again would help you to deal with it.
- Identify the Symptoms of Depression Relapse: Instead of neglecting the initial signs of depression relapse, it is necessary to accept that depression has hit you again. It is better to leave your shame or guilt aside and consider it as a normal event. Immediately go and make your therapist aware of the symptoms you identified, so that remedial action could be taken accordingly. The first sign of depression relapse may differ from person to person. It may be lack of sensation or any sudden surge of energy. Although these changes may appear subtle but should be noted down and conveyed to your therapist.
- Seek help from others: Depression relapse gets easier to survive with the help of friends, family and loved ones. Open up about your mental state and talk freely to others. You will find that you are not alone. Constant support from your nearby people will prove very beneficial. They will keep reminding you the fact that, 'this too shall pass away'. Do not alienate yourself, instead try to socialize. Hang out with your friends and indulge in activities which bring you pleasure. Primarily it will be hard to seek joy by socializing but it will prove fruitful in the long run. Pursue your hobbies and try to relax.
Depression relapse occurs again and again, no matter how hard one tries to run away from it. So, it is better to accept this harsh truth and start following the above measures to survive Depression Relapse.