Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Sakunthala Suresh Kumar.Your feedback matters!
Now a days, my wife was doubt on my phone calls and messages. We both love together and successful our married life for the past 27 years but this type of behaviour she started doing for the last two months and we have fight on almost on a daily basis. I have deleted my all applications includes facebook, whatsup and all female contacts (for my official - both office and suppliers and friends). I am normally very jovial and my wife was very much possessive on me. Kindly give your valuable feedback and treatment for my wife. I don't know how I can satisfy my wife. Thanks.
Hello all Dr. I am suffering from depression. Taking medicines. I want my life .Will I get Dr. I am crying right now .I love one girl. I want to spend time with her. When I'll get my life.
2. Stay away from drug or alcohol abuse and smoking
3. Drink plenty of water
4. Do regular exercise /yoga and meditation
5. Make positive friends and always think positive
6. Do some social work and stay social
7. Never sit ideal, engage your brain
8. Sleep timely
Since last 5-6 months or more, forgetting things easily, some sort of short term memory loss in day to day work. For example while going home or office or any place if in between any work has to be done, I forget it most of the times, same happen in work.
I face difficulty in concentration while studying. I am unable to concentrate for even 10 minutes. Things of past and future start coming to my mind and I get distracted. I am very worried about myself. I can't give myself quality time in study. Please help me and take me out from this weird and annoying problem. Thank You.
My husband (30 years) has sweaty palms and feet. He says he has this issue for the last 15 years, but never took it seriously. These days I have noticed quite often that his palms are full of sweat, and this is NOT just in case of anxiety. It's a normal thing for him. Why is it so? Is it a thing to be concerned about? Please guide. Thanks in advance. Nisha.
I am suffering from a mental conflict i. E. What to do or not. Beside, my mind is very unstable. I feel mentally disturbed. How can I get rid of it?
Respected sir, Mai pehle depression ka patient tha. Kuch mahine pehle mujhe neend aane me pareshani hone lagi Achanak se. Uske Baad ab Mujhe kuch v theek se yaad nhi rehta turant ki baat v bhool ja rha Hun aur ab Mujhe neend v bahot lagti hai 24 ghante neend bahot tez aati Rehti hai jaise ki bahot Dino se nhi Soya Hun aur kuch feel v nhi hota. Mai kitni v der so lun neend aata hi rehta hai. Office me kuch v nhi ker pata. please help.
I have depression initial stage and my mind. Is always try to suicide And quiting my life And I am unable to understand normal Problem and I just want to live life And I want to be a successful person I don't want to die Help me!
Why I have sweet saliva? And from 3 days I am not sleeping well. I wake up 3 or 4 times during sleeping in night. I have also tension of upcoming exam. Is it the reason?
Hey I was a smoker for last 5 yrs, consuming 5 cigarettes per day. But now I have quit smoking since one month back. But I'm really scared of the disease called lungs cancer. Do I undergo any diagnosis for my suspicion? If yes then please tell me what kind of diagnosis needed to be done? And is there any exercise or artificial way through which tar can be pulled out from our lungs. If yes then do put light on those methods. Thank you.
Need suggestion on family related issue. I am 35 year old working women. Five year back, I got married. It was love marriage with acceptance of both families. Now, I have two kids. We have joint family. My husband is having a brother and a sister and he is the eldest among them. All of them are married and have kids. My husband's sister, her husband and of course their kids used to live with us at our home with his husband and kids. They have allotted a government quarter in the same city. Earlier, sometimes they used to go to their quarter, but for more than one and half year she has not moved towards her quarter for a single day. After my marriage, initially up to about 2 years I was quite happy to live with them, but the problem arises when she always used to control the each and every house hold things, decision etc. Even she always used to give her advice to me also. Though I am elder than her, I am working, more educated than her, more updated with the technologies. Actually I don't need anyone's free advice, if I need I'll ask to them without any hesitation. Now, the situation is that almost all the decision (related to house) is by her. Even our cook used to ask her that what and how much is going to be prepared for lunch or dinner. She is everywhere. In our any small celebration, picnic, outings, shopping everything. She is very dominating also. She influence my mother-in-law. Because of her existence my mother-in-law and I have built-up a good relation. She is main reason of dispute between me and my husband. My in-laws and my husband support her to do everything. Now, I cannot tolerate her at all. Still after five years of marriage I have found my place in the home. I don't feel that it is my home. At this home, I am happy and can manage with everything, except the presence of them. Sometimes, I feel that I should leave the house with my kids and stay at any rented house. Still we don't have a single argument yet, and it is just because I never say anything to her and my mother-in-law. My husband all the situation and always appreciate me for being quite. Sometimes he also feel that their presence put many nuisance at our home, but overall he is happy with them, after all she is his sister. I just fed up with all those things, and always be in stress. Please give me good suggestion to solve the problem by not hurting anybody.
- Heart: smoking is the biggest risk factor for all heart diseases. It accelerates the process of fat deposition in the inner walls of arteries (atherosclerosis). It increases blood pressure and heart rate. Not only these, smoking increases tendency for the blood to clot. It reduces the capacity of a person to exercise.
- Lungs: smoking destroys small hairs present in upper parts of airways. In normal persons these hairs protect lungs from germs, dust and other harmful particles. When this natural cleaning system is damaged germs, dust, smoke and other harmful chemicals enter lungs causing infection, cough and lung cancer. The air sacs of lungs (alveoli) get permanently damaged causing difficulty in breathing.
- Digestive system: smoking causes heart burn, delays healing of peptic ulcers, increases risk of crohn’s disease and formation of gall stones. It affects liver and increases chances of stomach cancer.
- Legs: smoking affects blood vessels of legs causing chronic pain in legs. This may further progress to cause gangrene of toes or feet.
- Eyes: the sensitive blood vessels of eye are easily damaged by smoking. This causes blood shot appearance of eyes and itching. In heavy smokers it may lead to degeneration and loss of eyesight. Smokers are at an increased risk of cataracts.
- Skin: due to smoking the skin is deprived of oxygen and it loses its texture. An average smoker looks 5 years older than his healthy non smoking counterparts. The skin loses its healthy glow and takes on a yellowish-gray cast. The more cigarettes smoked, the worse skin will look. Wrinkles start appearing very quickly as smoking affects elastic tissues of skin.
- Bones: it accelerates the process of osteoporosis
- Cancer: smoking causes cancer of lungs, larynx, oral cavity, pharynx, oesophagus and bladder. Tobacco smoke contains more than 60 substances which cause cancer. 87% lung cancer death occurs due to smoking.
- Reproductive system: smoking reduces fertility in both men and women.
- In women: smoking imbalances estrogen hormone in women. It causes dryness of vagina and reduces blood flow to genital organs. Women who smoke can get diseases of fallopian tubes and their egg production is affected. Smoking can cause abortion. It accelerates aging process and can cause early menopause.
- The growth of baby retards when mother smokes in pregnancy. It affects the brain development of baby and reduces iq. This happens even when mother is a passive smoker. The chances of miscarriage, premature birth and fetal death increase.
- In men: smoking impairs erections and can become a reason for erectile dysfunction. It also reduces sperm count and impairs sperm motility. But these are reversed after stopping smoking.
Hence quit smoking. Quitting smoking has immediate as well as long-term benefits for you and your loved ones
I am 45 years old female I am suffering from body pain specially when stood after long time what type of these symptoms are? Your valuable advice please. Thanks.
I am a bds student so lot of are for studying but I can't remember much more what I am studying. And inside my head sometime a vibration is feeling.
A depressive disorder is not just a passing phase of the mind; it is a condition which involves your body, mind, and thoughts. It comes in the way of your daily life, thereby preventing you from carrying out your regular routine, even making it harder for you to concentrate or work properly. The exact causes are still not known, but as certain studies suggest, it might be hereditary, due to changes in the neuroendocrine functions, or due to other psychological and social factors.
Some of the depressive disorders are:
- Major depressive disorder
- Persistent depressive disorder
- Other specified or unspecified depressive disorders
Others are classified by their causes:
- Premenstrual Dysphoric disorder
- Another medical condition induced depressive disorder
- Substance/Medication-induced depressive disorder
Depressive disorders can set in at any point in time, but primarily, symptoms are visible in your late teens, 20's or your 30's.
For major depression the symptoms are:
1.Feelings of depression throughout the day
2.Significantly diminished interest in all your activities
Related Tip: Homeopathy and Depression?