Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sakundala Barathi M
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sakundala Barathi MYour feedback matters!
My gf had her last period on 15th july. On 23rd we engaged in foreplay where our genitals were rubbed against eachothers. I was naked but she had her underwear on. I did not ejaculate. She has not got her periods yet. We took a pregnancy test today morning and it was negative. What can be the reason for the delay? Can she get pregnant?
Mine 1 st day menstrual was normal in flow but 2 nd day flow was reduced and 3 rd day again it was normal, can any one tell me why it happened like that?
I am a 23 year old female and got married last year, can you suggest tablets for conceive we are planing for pregnancy?
The top 5 reasons to eat broccoli are:
1) A high intake of broccoli has been found to reduce the risk of aggressive prostate cancer and may also help prevent heart disease.
2) Averaging just four weekly servings of veggies like broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower slashed the risk of dying from any disease by 26% among 6,100 people studied for 28 years.
3) Broccoli contains a flavonoid called kaempferol which has anti-inflammatory properties. This makes broccoli potentially useful in assisting with chronic inflammatory ailments, such as arthritis or gout.
4) This dark green veg also helps your body absorb vitamin D. This is due to broccoli’s high levels of of vitamins A and K, which both aid in the healthy absorption of vitamin D.
5) Broccoli may have a positive impact on our body's ability to naturally detox. This is possibly due to three phytonutrients found in unique combination in broccoli - glucoraphanin, gluconasturtiian, and glucobrassicin. This nutritional trio is able to support all steps in body's detox process, including neutralization and elimination of unwanted contaminants.
How to eat broccoli?
Broccoli is usually boiled or steamed but may be eaten raw and has become popular as a raw vegetable in hors d'œuvre trays.
As the benefits of broccoli are thought to greatly reduce if boiled, light steaming is a far healthier way of cooking it. Scientists have also discovered that steaming broccoli lightly releases the maximum amount of sulforaphane.
Dry fruits undoubtedly are great energy foods that are loaded with vital nutrients like minerals and vitamins. Anjeer or fig is one of the most popularly used dry fruit, and has multiple benefits. So, it's essential to include this fruit in your diet. Anjeer or fig can be consumed in multiple ways.
First is, by sun drying it and having it raw. You can even store this dried fig throughout the year. People across the country love the milk shake of Kaju Anjeer. For which, you need to soak some figs and add them along with cashews to the milk. Alternatively, you can even roughly cut them and add to your salads. The most delicious way to have figs is by adding them in your desserts. You can also make sweets like barfi and peda (milk sweet) with this healthy ingredient.
Here are 9 health benefits of this super fruit:
- Controls blood pressure and ageing: Figs are rich in potassium, which negates the effect of sodium and helps in controlling blood pressure. They can also help in controlling ageing effects by providing you enough iron, estrogen, etc. This keeps your hormones in check and boosts your energy as well. Figs are also great for skin and hair and nails. Mashed figs applied on the face can prevent acne.
- Helps in weight management: Moderate amount of figs can help in controlling weight. They are rich in fiber, and therefore eating figs is a good way to keep junk and fried foods at bay. When in the mood for a light snack, pick figs and they will make you feel full, at the same time, but in a healthy way.
- Heart healthy food: Figs reduce the amount of triglycerides in the blood. Triglycerides are the culprit for inducing heart disease as they are fat particles which accumulate along the blood vessel and cause heart attacks.
- Reduces chances of cancer: Figs are rich in antioxidants and therefore help in controlling release of free radicals and chronic inflammation. The free radicals are the ones responsible for chronic inflammation including cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. Figs are therefore believed to have a preventive effect on these chronic health conditions.
- Controls blood sugar: The chlorogenic acid present in figs helps in reducing blood sugar levels in diabetics. Potassium which is found in abundance in figs also plays a good role in control of blood sugar levels.
- Improves bone health: Calcium is the main ingredient required for healthy bones, and figs are a good natural source for this. While dairy products are a good source, they are not alone sufficient, and figs can be a good second-line supplement.
- Aids in constipation: Being rich in fiber, figs are good for intestinal motility and can prevent constipation. The fiber provides roughage, aiding in good bowel movements
- Keeps the reproductive system in check: Figs are rich in minerals like magnesium, zinc, and manganese which contribute to vitality and fertility. Figs can be soaked in milk and consumed or eaten in other forms as mentioned above. So, if you're pregnant or planning a baby, do include this super food in your diet.
- Prevent kidney stones: Boil some figs in water and once cool, this water can be consumed for a few days to prevent kidney stones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I am 8 months pregnant and all my reports are normal as said by doctor. But still I do not gain any weight but the baby weighs normal. Why I am not gaining weight. Is that a problem.
Carboxytherapy refers to the cutaneous and subcutaneous administration of carbon dioxide gas [CO2] for therapeutic purposes. Carboxytherapy originated at the Royal Spas of France in 1932 with the treatment of patients afflicted by peripheral arterial occlusive disease. Studies have demonstrated that carboxytherapy improves skin elasticity, improves circulation, encourages collagen repair, improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and destroys localized fatty deposits.
How Carboxytherapy Works
For Dark Undereye Circles: Poor circulation and vascular pooling beneath the lower eyelids is the main cause of dark undereye circles. Carboxytherapy works by injecting a small amount of CO2 just beneath the skin to increase circulation and collagen formation in the lower eyelid.
For Stretch Marks: Carbon dioxide causes the formation of new collagen and later thickens the skin to improve the stretch marks appearance and texturally damaged skin. Carboxytherapy will help to improve the colour of white stretch marks and helps to tone down the inflammation of new ones.
For Scars: Carboxytherapy triggers the healing process to produce collagen to the affected area, leading to faster and more complete healing.
For Hair Rejuvenation: When carbon dioxide is injected in areas where hair is thinning or shedding, it will help to improve circulation of the scalp. Carboxytherapy promotes blood flow to the area by causing vasodilation of vessels in the area to help hair follicles grow healthier and thicker.
For Cellulite: Carbon dioxide gas is directly toxic to the fat cells, causing it to burst. In turn, the liquefied fatty substance is removed naturally by the body. Carbon dioxide also helps to increase blood flow, which stimulates collagen production and will further improve skin tone.
For Fat/Spot Reduction: Carbon dioxide widens the blood vessels of the treated area. It will increase blood circulation which leads to a fast administration of oxygen and nutrients to the affected area. Carbon dioxide also mechanically breaks membranes of fat cells which are then eliminated naturally by the body.
How is Carbon Dioxide Therapy performed?
Carboxytherapy is a non surgical technique where by CO2 is infiltrated into the subcutaneous fat via the smallest needle available (30G X ½ in). From one injection point the carbon dioxide diffuses easily into adjacent tissues so you won't feel like a pin cushion. Treatments take 15-20 minutes.
How many Sessions are required
For Dark Undereye Circles: Depending on how sever the dark circles are 1 to 6 sessions are required spaced a week apart. The results usually last 3 to 6 months.
For Stretch Marks: Newer or mild stretch marks should be treated for 2-4 weeks once per week. For older or more severe stretch marks should be treated once per week for 3-12 weeks.
For Scars: 3-12 sessions are needed spaced once a week apart.
For Hair Rejuvenation: A minimum of 12 sessions are needed once every 7 days initially. Maintenance is required.
For Cellulite: Depending on the Severity of the problem area being treated usually 6-12 treatments are needed spaced a week apart. Maintenance may be required based on lifestyle and eating habits.
For Fat/Spot Reduction: Usually 6-12 treatments are needed spaced a week apart depending on the severity of the area being treated.
What is the down time?
Carboxytherapy is a technique with very little downtime. Injections are insufflating CO2 gas which is a natural gas produced by the body itself. The body has all the systems to eliminate this amount of CO2 in a few minutes. Although immediate visual effects of gas injections maybe important, almost 100% of patient leave the office with nothing anyone notice. No downtime for Dark undereye circles, stretchmarks, cellulite, Fat reduction, scars, and hair rejuvenation. Patients must know that 20% of the sessions may results in bruises which may take 4-8 days to resolve completely. Compared to laser procedures or other aesthetics treatment, carboxytherapy is probably one of the treatments with shortest even null time.
When Can You see results
For Dark Under eye Circles: You will see results after 1 treatment. A series of 6 treatments spaced a week apart is required to achieve great results.
For Stretch Marks: Results are immediate. The tissue improves and the skin becomes firm and smoother.
For Scars: Results may be apparent after every treatment however most clients are satisfied after a series of 6 or more sessions.
For Hair Rejuvenation: After the treatment, immediately it increases the blood supply right away and patients will notice dramatic results when combined with other hair loss treatments. Optimal results are seen with maintenance after 6 to 12 months.
For Cellulite: Noticeable results are shown within 3 treatments
For Fat/Spot Reduction: Immediate results are noticeable after the first treatment. For optimal results, 8-10 sessions are required for localized fat reduction with carboxytherapy.
Is the Treatment Painful?
The treatment is not painful. Some patients can experience a light tingling sensation near the injection site. It disappears within a matter of seconds. As a result of the increased circulation the area surrounding th injection site may feel warmer for 10-20 minutes. Clients usually do not feel anything when treating scars as there are no nerve ending in scar tissue.
The only potential side effect is bruising at the injection site. This is most common on the arms and legs.
I am 31 yrs old woman, I have 3 yrs of marrige period but unable to conceive due to pcod. Kindly suggest
The natural process of childbirth and/or aging can result in damage to the vaginal walls and muscles; all around the vaginal, urethral and rectal tubes. Similarly vaginal and pelvic tissue is also affected due to aging process and incontinence is a normal part of aging.
Women want a solution to rejuvenate and tighten the vagina and achieve improved sexual function. Even women with no children can experience these problems because of aging, hormonal issues, history of smoking, and weight gain or weight loss.
Femilift with its excellent patient satisfaction record and shows long lasting successful outcome. It is totally safe and recommended by hundreds of women. Femilift stimulates collagen regeneration through the heat of a pain free laser giving immediate effect. Femilift is one of the best procedures in cosmetic gynaecology but needs repeated sittings.
Many women come to us tell us that their lives has been changed in a way that they never knew was possible. We are very proud to lead the way in this vaginal tightening revolution.
- Tighten and tone loose and sagging vaginal and labial area
- Proven technology for safe, accurate and effective results
- Pain free vaginal remodeling and stress urinary incontinence
- Lunch break procedure at the gynecologist clinic (15 - 30 min)
- Long lasting results
- No need for anesthetics
- Improves vaginal dryness
- Pain free treatment
- 3 to 4 treatment sittings for more than 90% treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.