Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Present she is pregnant. Upto how many months I can have sex with her? If I participate any problem?
Dear Doc, I've a query w.r.t pregnancy. My wife had her last mensuration cycle on 5th may 2016. Her pregnancy was confirmed on 20th June 2016. We had her first scan on 6th July 2016 and the report showed a discrepancy as (baby growth is @ 6 weeks 3 days as against normal growth rate of 8 weeks 4 days). Upon what I've read, my baby would have got its life on 14th day from the date of mensuration cycle which is 19th may 2016 and on 6 July it stands at 6 weeks 3 days which is normal. I would request you to clarify why the report showed a discrepancy. Please tell.
I have two miscarriages 1st miscarriage date 2nd October 2015 2nd miscarriage date 19th February 2016 All reports are normal I want to ask you wen I have to plan for baby? How much gap after miscarriage.
Hi. Every month 14 days before period I get breast tenderness a lot. It's really very uncomfortable for me. And also I get depression and angry as well. Breast tenderness more than worse for me. We are trying to get pregnant since three months. But I did not get pregnancy. Is this hormonal imbalance or not? I have regular periods.
We all crave for that glowing, healthy skin which is easy to maintain and are willing to shell our exorbitant amounts to achieve the same. However, we need not look far. There are some magical products right in our homes which can do the trick for us, without spending time or money. Besan (gram flour) is one such wonder.
Read on to know some of its most significant benefits.
- Anti-tanning effects: If you have just come back from a holiday and are wondering how to get rid of the tan from your face, then try this. Mix a couple of spoons of besan with some lime, yogurt and a pinch of turmeric. Leave it on your face for a while and wash it off to see your skin become radiant and glowing. In about a week’s time, your tan would be a thing of the past.
- Decrease oily feeling: For people with oily or greasy skin, a simple face pack made by mixing gram flour with raw milk or yogurt applied for 20 minutes will do wonders. It can even be mixed with rose water and honey and used as a face pack. The residues and the dirt that oily skin tends to accumulate would be gone.
- Anti-acne agent: While acne continues to remain one of the dreadful skin issues, the besan comes to the rescue here too. Mixed with sandalwood powder, milk and turmeric powder, besan can be used to fight pimples. Apply it on the skin and dry it off once it dries.
- Anti-sagging effect: Whip up an egg white and add gram flour to it and apply it on the face for about 30 minutes. The skin will be firmer and will have a youthful glow.
- For instant fairness: When you have a function coming up or have to go out and do not have time for a visit to the parlour, head to the kitchen. Take the besan flour and add orange peel powder if available or just add milk cream. Use circular motions to help it soak into the skin. When you wash it after about 20 to 30 minutes, the skin will be soft, supple, and flowing.
- Controls unwanted hair: With regular use, besan mixed with fenugreek seeds (methi) or sandalwood powder, lime, and milk cream helps control unwanted hair growth.
For those who remember, besan is the only cleaning agent used, which leaves them with soft, supple skin which is free of oiliness and unwanted hair. So, what are you waiting for? The best art is that this can be used regularly without having to step out of the house while continuing to do the regular household chores. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Hello docters mujhe bahut dar lag raha hai mere periods 3 ko regular aate hai but 6 ko meine check kia to result positive tha but second line bhut halki thi to mujhe docter ke pass kab jana chaiye aur kaun kaun si precaution leine chaiye aur mere navratre bhi chal rahe hai please give me right decision.
For some women, a period can be more than just uncomfortable. There are a number of menstrual problems that could affect women. These range from irregular periods to excessive bleeding and premenstrual syndrome. The good news is that homeopathy can be used to effectively treat these problems. Homeopathy is a holistic form of treatment that addresses the root cause of the problem instead of the symptoms. Additionally, it has negligible side effects.
Here are a few homeopathic forms of treatment for menstrual problems:
- Sepia: Sepia can be used to treat late menstruation as well as scanty blood flow. It is also helpful is the period is accompanied by pain and a sense of weight in the pelvic area and lower back. This can also be used to treat irritability and depression.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is helpful in cases where menstrual bleeding causes substantial weight fluctuations, bloating and water retention. It can also be used to treat irregular periods and scanty or excess blood flow. Pulsatilla is also used as a form of treatment for the severe griping pains that can accompany menstrual flow.
- Cimicifuga: This is used to treat irregular periods and painful periods. It also treats mental unrest, nervousness and irritability triggered by menstruation.
- Lycopodium: In some cases, delayed menses can last longer than normal and have an abnormally heavy blood flow. In such cases, lycopodium is an effective homeopathic remedy.
- Belladonna: Excessive menstrual bleeding and early menses can be treated with belladonna. This type of menses is also accompanied by intense pain that is relieved by standing and cramps in the back and arms. Belladonna is also extremely useful in acute cases of endometriosis and inflammation of the ovaries.
- Creosote: Excessive blood flow that is intermittent and preceded by abdominal bloating can be treated using Creosote. This blood flow is usually dark brown in colour and accompanied by an offensive odor. Creosote can also be used against ulcerations in the female genital organs, burning pain and soreness.
- Helonias: Pain extending from the back of the uterus and loss of muscle strength in the genital organs can be treated with helonias. It can also be used to treat leucorrhoea or dark, offensive vaginal discharge as well as displacement of the uterus.
When prescribing medication for a menstrual problem, a homeopathic doctor not only looks at the symptoms presented but also the personality and lifestyle of the patient. Hence what suits one person may not have the same effect on another. Hence, if you are facing a menstrual problem, it is best to consult a doctor at the earliest.
Me and my friend both are males we had kissing at last Friday evening unfortunately I had licked his blood I am afraid of is there any chances of sexual transmission disease so what test should I do is blood test enough.
Wounds and bruises are both injuries. However, they differ widely in terms of the causing factors, the nature of the injury, the pain they cause and the kind of treatment they require.
The following are a few of the myriad ways in which the two injuries differ from each other:
- A wound causes quick damage - the skin tissue is cut or punctured while a bruise (also called a closed wound) is where the skin is not torn.
- A wound is usually caused by a sharp object but bruises are the results of blunt force or trauma.
- A wound almost certainly bleeds due to ruptured tissue and blood vessels. Blunt injury also damages the blood capillaries of the skin and causes blood to accumulate under the skin tissue, creating a dark patch of skin. Blood vessels can also break due to lifting of heavy objects or overexertion of muscles.
- A wound carries the risk of infection because the skin is open but a bruise does not get infected.
- A wound has a burning or stinging sensation but a bruise is characterized by swelling and a blunt throbbing pain.
- A wound can be healed by antiseptic and antibiotic medication. Large wounds need to be closed by stitching them up to avoid severe infection. On the other hand, a bruise usually heals by itself. A cold compress and pain killers may be used to ease discomfort. Heat can be applied to the injured spot to normalize the blood flow and dissolve the blood clot.
- A wound can lead to complications like bacterial infections or the healing might be delayed by chronic diseases like diabetes. In case of a bruise, it usually does not cause complications but if there's a blunt injury to sensitive areas like the head, the tailbone or the eyes, medical attention is advised.
- Wounds and bruises can also be differentiated on the basis of their subtypes.
The different types of wounds are:
- Incision (sharp objects cutting the dermis layer of skin)
- Abrasion (the epithelial tissue is scraped off)
- Avulsion (a body structure is torn off)
- Penetration (a sharp object causes an entry and an exit wound)
- Puncture (only an entry wound caused by a sharp object)
The different types of bruises are:
- Hematoma (blood pools under the skin)
- Purpura (tiny spots of blood on the inside of the mouth)
- Contusion (similar to hematoma and caused by external trauma)
- Crush injury (caused due to a large amount of force on the body part for a long time)
Related Tip: "4 Surgical Alternatives For Burns And Wounds"
I have a boy of 5 yrs. Through caesarean and now I am 35 weeks pregnant with expected due date - 15 September but at present foetal weight is 2908 gm /- 425 gm and my scar thickness is 3.5 mm on which my doctor has advised me to go through caesarean near about 25 August. Do you also think that I should go for delivery near about 25 August?
I am 28 years of age. I always use to have problem with my periods. It delays for a period of 2-4 months.
If there is yellowish green discharge and itching. With the antibiotics on phone consultation, I got my stomach disturbed. What has happened?
Dear Doctor, I'm 3 months one week pregnant. Used to get blood spotting and very little bleeding from 2nd and half month onwards. I have to my ST scan on 5th nov. Everything is normal but again I'm getting little bleeding and today was more as compare to other day. I'm so worried. Doctor have me tablet for bleeding which I need to insert in vagina and I'm doing that but still there is some bleeding. Please help me what to do. Hope nothing happen to my baby. This is my first pregnancy. Waiting for your kind advice please.
I am 22 year old, I have problem with periods, every months getting 2-3 before due date , please tell me how to cure this, what medicine has to take.
Completed one year of marriage. Married life is not good. As the sexual too. My hubby likes me but don't want to perform sex with me. But maybe I am more excited about this thing. What I do? Even my hubby sometimes agree to do it but never I reached at the stage of orgasms. Coz of it maybe I am in bad habit too. Even a sharp water pressure from toilet seat excites me and I reach at orgasms. This thing neither I can tell anyone. After hubby's regular denial no to perform sexual activity I become in acute anger. And start weeping. The whole night goes spoiled. Every morning evening I promised myself k no tonight I will not weep I will not tell him to sex or love. Will sleep tonight well. But I can't keep control myself I can't calm myself What I do Please help me please.
Are you concerned about your current diet and want to shift to a healthier diet, which will keep you fit? In that case, you have to make several modifications in your regular eating habits. You need to stay away from fried foods and foods containing too much of carbohydrates and fats. There are several food items, which are very beneficial for the body and help you to stay fit and healthy all the time. They are as follows:
- Milk: Milk is very important for people who perform rigorous activities in their daily lives. Milk contains muscle healing proteins and calcium, which are good for the bones and refuelling sugar; all essential for the body to keep fit and healthy. Milk contains serotonin and melatonin, which enable you to get enhanced sleep.
- Dried fruit: Dried fruits contain natural sugars and concentrated carbohydrates, which re very good for boosting your energy levels. You should consume dried fruits like raisins, apricots and mango. They are also rich in fibre, potassium, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, all of which enhance your overall health.
- Broccoli: Broccoli and several other green vegetables contain free radical antioxidants, fiber, which promotes digestion. It also has several minerals and vitamins. You should consume broccoli, kale, green cabbage and spinach. They contain folate, which is essential for pregnant women. They also contain calcium, which is good for making the bones strong.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain vitamin C and an antioxidant known as lycopene. Lycopene is considered to be a very powerful nutrient, which helps in the prevention of prostate cancer in men. Tomatoes also help when you are undergoing a weight-loss program as they contain weight loss hormones like leptin. This hormone helps in maintaining our body’s metabolism rate.
- Curd: Curd has a number of health and nutritional benefits, and eating curd every day helps your system stay cool, improves your digestive system, and helps get rid of stomach problems. The nutrients present in curd are easily absorbed by your digestive system. Not only that, it also helps in absorbing nutrients from other food items that you have eaten. It can also be used along with spicy food, as curd cools down and neutralises the heat that these foods create.
- Salmon: Salmon contains Omega 3 acid, which helps in keeping the heart healthy. The effects of memory loss are slowed down. The protein-rich fish helps in muscle repair and gives energy.
There are several other foods, which you should include in your daily diet in order to maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle. You may consume Brazil nuts, blueberries and cocoa as well. It is advisable to consult a dietician to get an ideal food chart. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.