Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sakthivel ManickavasaganYour feedback matters!
My wife is 33 year old female and she have a throat infection with heavy cough for past 2 days please give some medicine what should we do.
I'm 33 years male from delhi one year back I had done deviated nasal septum surgery. I was suffering left side nose blocked problem after surgery my left nose is open but during sleep one side nose is closed or left side or is right side and bcoz of that I can't sleep deeply. I had use all nasal spray for short time and all anti histamine but I didn't got any benefit. I had talk to ENT Dr. about nasal septoplasty but they said to me is not hundred percent solution of my problem bcoz mostly nasal surgery are bound again. I am specially feel that problem in cold season or in air conditioner in warm season. I m very much desperate to my condition. L am before sleep always carry a water bottle near to my bed with me for dry mouth. Bcuz one side nose blocked I breathing through mouth and I wake-up between sleep and drinking water 4 to 5 times. That's happening with me since 5 years. Plzz suggest me what I do next for my nasal congestion during sleep?
I am suffering from minor pain in my left ear from last 4-5 months. It feels like something is there in my ear. I haven't got any injury though its paining. I also consult to doctor, but no conclusion. What to do, please elaborate. Can I use Mustard oil in my ear.
I have two tonsils like nodes on the both side of neck. When I woke up in morning I got sore throat for only 3 to 4 hours which heals by itself everyday. I have reddish skin inside my mouth. Those nodes just like pea in size. There is no pain. I have little bit of cough also. Does these nodes are tonsils.
My daughter is suffering from Tonsils infections. Dr. asked us to operate but I think not to operate. She is just 6 Years old please advise.
Hi, I have throat pain from last two days can't able to eat or drink easily. Everytime when I used to swallow anything It'll start paining. Last night I had done gaggles but still the situation is same kindly help.
Perforated ear. Had ear drum operation. But not successful. Hearing reduced to moderate. Now doctor says sinus is the reason for operation failure. Tired of operation and pain. One hospital says have sinus operation directly accompanied with ear on the same sitting. What should I do what r the success rate of these operation as hospital says ear drum operation never fails.
My wife is having sinusitis since 5 y we tried almost all kind of medicine but in vein, she undergone nose scrapping surgery also but again did not help much, so please advise interim of food habits, medicines, and life style changes.
More times I am getting tonsils in a month like 4 or 5 times. What is the reason about this problem??
Hello Dr. I am vishal from Delhi. I have tonsils in my nack. So tell me the top medicine tonsils is finish.
I am 35 years old male I have the problem of something blocking in throat, is it because of throat problem or is throat pain related with heart disease.
Ear aches are a common complaint for many children. An ear infection can be explained as an inflammation of the middle ear. Unlike other aches, this one cannot be soothed by scratching or applying pressure and hence makes children cranky. Ear infections are usually triggered by bacteria or viruses. This causes inflammation that narrows the tube in the ear and allows fluid to build up. This fluid buildup is responsible for the pain.
However, not all ear infections need to be treated with medication. When it comes to treating ear aches in children, picking a natural remedy is a much better option ,since it has no side effects and can address the root cause of the infection. Here are a few natural remedies for earaches:
- Compress: Hot and cold compresses are very effective ways of treating pain and can be used for earaches as well. Place an ice pack or a warm, moist compress over the ear to soothe the ache. Heat relaxes the muscles and stimulates blood flow while ice controls inflammation and swelling. Hot and cold compresses should not be applied for over 20 minutes at a time.
- Water: Some actions can help open up the eustachian tube to the middle ear. Swallowing is one such action. To encourage your child to swallow, offer him lots of fluids.
- Oil: Before using oil to treat an earache ensure that your child is not suffering from a ruptured eardrum and there is no fluid leaking from the ear. Pouring a few drops of warm olive oil or sesame oil can help soothe the pain by opening up the eustachian tube. It can also prevent the buildup of excessive ear wax and form a protective layer on the outer ear against bacteria and other infections.
- Elevate the head: Elevating a child's head can help improve sinus drainage. When it comes to children, instead of using a pillow below their head, place the pillow below the mattress to create a gradual slope.
- Onion: Onions can be used in many different ways to treat earaches. You could either juice an onion and put a few drops of the same in the ear or slice an onion in half and heat it before placing it over the ear like an ear muff. Onion contains anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help soothe earaches effectively and quickly.
If the earache does not reduce or if there is a discharge from the ear, do not continue to self treat it and consult a doctor immediately.