Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. SakthiYour feedback matters!
My mom is of 45 yrs. She is too heavy (110 Kg). That's why she is having lots of problems such as joint pain, feeling uncomfortable, BP low patient, etc. Kindly suggest the diet at this age.
Hello madam, I am 27 Yrs old. Mujhe last 2 Months pehle chest ke left side me dard tha thoda sa jayse koi cheez chub rahi hai magar bahot kam or alag lalag jagha. Usi bheech hamaye compound me 2 log off ho gay attack se. Me ye soch kr bahot dar gaya or doctor ke pas gaya unhone E.C.G Kiya normal tha blood check kiya normal tha doctor ne kaha gais hai. Ab mujhe kahi dard nhi hota sirf 3 din hua. But ab problem ye h ki jayse koi sote hue insaan jo achanak jaga de mere sine me waysi ghabrahat or be chaini lagi rehti h or saans lene me bhi problem hai din bhar dimag me yahi ghumta h kahi mujhe ye to nhi kahi mujhe woh to nhi hartbeet khud hi mehsus hoti h 2 Months se bahot pareshan hun plzz help me. Thanks.
My mother 81 yrs old has developed one side tremors & her tongue became painful, heavy & unable to talk (very difficult to spell)& eat properly. She is having high B.P. ,heart problem, severe chronic constipation (without taking any laxative high dose she cannot pass on stool) &after taking it she becomes completely bed ridden she can not bear it. very much depressed. lost weight from 55 kg to 38 kg. acidity sleeplessness etc. she is taking medications for b.p. problem, heart problem,acidity problem. she wants to live life but now she has become hopeless.Is there any medication for her severe tremors & constipation. She is having two mentally retarded adult children one son aged 55 yrs & one daughter aged 62 yrs She is living very stressful life at Mumbai. Pl suggest her.
Kal mujhe pehli baar chakkar aaya me bahut zor se niche gir gya. Check krane par Dr. ne kaha ki blood pressure low hogya isliye. Kya aap bata sakte ho ki mujhe kya hua hai. aaj mera bklood pressure 110 tha and mei 20 years ka hu and 57 kg weight.hai
I am having chest pain. Exactly at the rib cage. Heart side. Just wanted to know what could be the reason.
I am 29 year male my chalstrol 241 and uric acid 5. 9 is it risky for me please suggest which food avoid and which food take I am alcholist any madicine for control uric acid and chalstrol
Hello, I am having pin pointing pain over my left chest. I have consulted with cardiologist and get TMT and echo test and everything is fine. I am having this pain from almost an year now. Recently a month ago I noticed than my left ribcage has come little outwards from the center and also one of the bone of my left ribcage has come out a little (below left underarm). I think pain is starting between these points where rib bones are disordered. I do workout daily but due to this pain I have stopped lifting heavy weights from last 2 months. Is there anything to worry about rib bones disorder, please share your view it would be really helpful for me. Thanks Sincere regards, Harshit.
My son age 5 month 15 days, weight:- 5. 3kg, he had suffered the whole of heart (size-6mm). So what I can do?
Recently after reading the ECG, Chief Physician asked us to consult a Cardiologist. He advised for taking a Echogram. Doctor said that there is nothing to worry at all about the Heart but the Heart is slightly larger due to the fact that my wife is a BP patient for over 15 years, taking amlopres L regularly. He said BP patients do generally have a slightly bigger heart. My wife is having gum problems as well she is not having arousal and desire. Do you want me to do any specific Test for Heart functioning and if so what are the tests to be carried out. My Wife is 58 years old.
I'm underweight , can I gain weight to 75 kg ? Some times , a thought is nagging at my mind and threatens me that if you put on weight more, you will be affected by cardiac arrest. For this reason, I'm struggling with it everyday unable to gain weight. Pls advise me.
I am 21 years old and I have low blood pressure then having head ache also. Its very painful and I fell sick so please tell me that solution.
If you're a smoker, quit. It's the single best thing you can do for your heart health.
Smoking is one of the main causes of coronary heart disease.
A year after giving up, your risk of a heart attack falls to about half that of a smoker.
Regular exercise helps to lower the build up of plaque in arteries by increasing the concentration of high density lipoprotein (hdl) the good cholesterol and by decreasing the concentration of low density lipoprotein (ldl) the bad cholesterol in the blood
Improved physical activity helps delay the spike in blood cholesterol level that commonly occurs with ageing
Exercise also prevents the onset of high blood pressure and lower it if one is already suffering from it
And enables the heart to work more efficiently
My father is suffering from heart disease and on had a operation regarding it. (2 start). Today I go to that hospital for regular check up of my father and the told me that his pulse speed is too slow around 42 and on ecg report their is mentioned it complete heart block. They suggested me 2 do a pacemaker operation to increase the pulse rate. What should I do. Please tell me I am financially too weak. Is their any option expect from this.
I am suffering from dry food last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I caught hard. Can you help me? And my stomach also pain by eating dry foods can you help me?
The new epidemic that has taken the world by storm is obesity. The proportion of obese people is increasing and the age of onset of obesity is decreasing gradually. There is an optimal weight for a given height of a person. Obesity is when a person's weight is 20% more than the optimal weight. It brings with it a host of other health conditions, as it impairs the body’s overall functioning.
- Diabetes 2: In a normal person, food gets broken down into glucose to provide the required energy for the body using insulin. The body’s inability to produce sufficient insulin to convert the excessive amount of sugar in the body leads to diabetes. Growing to be a leading cause of early death, diabetes brings with it a host of complications affecting almost all systems and parts of the body including stroke, kidney disease, blindness, and death. Diabetes and obesity have a direct correlation and can be prevented and managed by eating a balanced diet, losing weight, exercising, and having a healthy lifestyle.
- Heart problems: An increased BMI also ups the risk for coronary heart disease (CHD), where the blood vessels are narrowed due to constant accumulation of fat in their inner walls. This gradually reduces the blood flow through these and may when complete cut-off happens, it could result in heart attack or stroke, affecting the heart or the brain. There could also be cases where the heart fails to pump sufficient blood to the rest of the body, affecting their effective functioning. Obese people also have a higher blood pressure than people who maintain a good BMI.
- Breathing problems: One of the main causes of labored breathing is excessive weight. The condition called sleep apnea which is sudden bouts of absence of breathing during sleep is very high in obesity. It can cause snoring, daytime sleepiness, increase the risk of heart disease and stroke. In people with sleep apnea, weight loss is one of the first and most recommended therapies. Asthma and general breathing disorders are also higher in obese people.
- Abnormal body cholesterol: Obese people also tend to have abnormally higher levels of body fat, especially the bad cholesterol, which again leads to coronary disease. It is a vicious cycle with one leading to the other and aggravating the other.
- Osteoarthritis: Added weight leads to pressure on the hips, knees and lower back. There is added wear and tear and pain, which further limits movement.
- Cancer: Some cancers, of the colon, endometrium, kidney, pancreas, gallbladder, breast and esophagus are more prevalent in obese people.
These are just some, there are more. The best way to avoid all these is to watch your weight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.