Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sajira BanuYour feedback matters!
I am 28 yrs. What are the side effects of 5 mg. My periods are irregular. Agar mai ye bolu ke mere periods aate hi nahi jab tak mai regestrone5 mg ya regulate tablet nahi leti to jyada sahi hoga. Pichle 5 mahine se mere periods hi nahi aaye hai. What do I do.
Actually me just want to know how me improve my body level energy and colour. ANd my 2nd I can not stop handling. I feel that day to day my sex life gone what should I do.
Laughter is a type of response that occurs to you generally when you experience a funny or a pleasant situation. All the doctors also believe in the theory that laughter indeed is the best medicine. Laughing not only helps to cheer you up emotionally by boosting your mood, but also has complementary physical outcomes that are desirable. Here are some interesting and fascinating facts about laughter.
1. You are more likely to laugh around others - According to a medical research, it is a proven fact that laughter is generated by a person rather than a funny situation or a joke that you hear. It is the image of that person in your mind which is funny and everything he/she does or says seems to be funny for you. This is why you will probably laugh among a set of people rather than laughing all by yourself.
2. Fake laughter - A medical research conducted by Professor Scott has readily proven that the human brain has the ability to differentiate between a fake laughter and a real one. So, if you are in a group of people and somebody is trying to laugh forcibly and deliberately, then your brain is able to identify that person easily.
3. Laughter is contagious - As per the famous saying, when you laugh then the whole world laughs with you. It is a true thing and laughter is actually contagious as it tends to regulate a part in your brain when you hear others laughing.
4. Burns calories - Laughter is a good source of a physical workout as well as it burns calories when you laugh out loud. Laughing for around 10 to 15 minutes a day burns about 10 to 40 calories.
5. Leads to healthier relationships - It is a proven fact that laughing together with any individual help to strengthen the emotional bond that you share with that person. People who laugh together usually are able to trust each other more and their relationship lasts for a longer period.
6. Mood and Energy booster - Laughter is an instant booster if you are emotionally wrecked or suffering from a bad mood. It helps to cheer you up and make you feel good and confident about yourself. Additionally, it also helps to boost the energy levels if you are low on energy.
My Lmp was 10th march. Then 20 april I took duphaston 10mg for 5 days as per Dr. advice but still I did not get period. Last year I had pcod but last 6 month I got regular period 30 to 35 days. Pls give me suggestions.
Am 28 weeks pregnant now. While am laughing too much my stomach is shaking? Am fear that it may affect baby? Is it safe laughing hardly during third trimester?
How many times you need to have sex before going to gynae in case your wife is not getting pregnant?
Hi Sir/Madam, I am male 30 years, and my wife 29 years. We are planning for a baby, so we consultant a doctor. It is like Pre-pregnancy consultation, after 3 months we plan for baby. My question is doctor given Folic acid and Eco-aspirin 75 as a supplements. It is safe to use Eco-aspirin 75?
I have PCOD n missed my period for 1 mnth my last period date is 8 june please help me out when my next period will come?
My wife is 32 years old. She is pregnant now .during these days of first trimester. She is suffering from excessive vomiting. M medicines doxyla+b6, ondansetron,all ayurvedic treatments etc not effective, even juices r also vomited. please suggest.
Knee replacement is a procedure where the weight-carrying surfaces of knee joint are replaced surgically to ease the pain or any disability. People suffering from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis undergo knee replacement. All these conditions revolve around stiffness and painful knee. This surgery is usually performed on people aged over 50.
Knee replacement is mainly of two main types:
- Total knee replacement where both the sides of knee joints are replaced
- Partial knee replacement where only single side of the joint is replaced
Procedure: In case of partial knee replacement with minimal invasion, a smaller incision, which is 3 to 5 inches, is required. This leads to minimal tissue damage and the surgeon can work between the fibres of the quadriceps muscles. Here, an incision through the tendon is not required. This may result in less pain, recovery time is reduced, and motion is better as scar tissue formation is less.
In total knee replacement, four steps are performed:
- Removal of damaged cartilage surfaces, which is at the ends of the femur and tibia, with a small quantity of underlying bone.
- Replacement with metal components, which help as a recreated surface of the joint
- Incision of knee cap with a resurface made of a plastic button, which is optional based on the case
- Insertion of a medical grade plastic spacer amid the metal components. This creates an effortless gliding surface.
After general or spinal anaesthesia, an incision of 8-12 inches is made in the front part of the knee. Joint part which is damaged is removed from the surface of the bones. The surfaces are then formed in a way to hold a metal or plastic artificial joint. The thigh bone shin as well as knee cap is attached to the artificial joint with either cement or a special material.
After Effects of the Procedure: After the surgery, patients may stay in a hospital for three to five days. Post surgery, notable improvement can be seen after a month or later. The patient is gradually relieved from pain with the construction of new gliding surface during surgery.
There will be slow progress in the movement. In the beginning, one may walk with a support of parallel bars and then with the help of crutches, walker, or cane. After full recovery in about six weeks, people can enjoy normal activities except running or jumping.
Presently, over 90% of total knee replacements function well even after 15 years of surgery. Hence, knee problem is no problem at all!