Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sajira BanuYour feedback matters!
Iam 27 years I got married for 1 year Iam trying to get pregnant chance but I didn't get. What should i do?
I got married before 10 months. I consult a doctor and now I am taking tables to get pregnant, the doctor told me to follow a medicine for 12 days, they gave me a two separate tablets one for first 7 days 2nd one for next 5 days, they told me that me and my husband should not have contact until you using this tables, ,i have a doubt on this whether we shout not have contact for the first 7 days tablets or hole 12 days tables, can any one give me tha answer plz, this r the 7 tablets 1.tab.doxy (100 mg, 2.tab. Flagyl (200 mg, 3.cap. Domstal-O (b.f), 4.cap.bifilac, 5.cap.candiforce (100 mg), 6.tab.beconzyme C forte, 7.tab. Histac, 8.cap.clingen forte. The following tablets for after 7 days, 1.tab. Atm (500 mg. 2.tab histac.
I am 23 years old.Married since in later 2014. I have mild PCOS problem. Facing irregular periods from last 2 mnths. Weight is 74.5 kgs & height is 5'6. We want baby. Please help me out.
I am 26 years old married woman. I have PCOS from last April 2016. I am not ovulating properly. Now I am trying for conceive. Today is my 2nd day of my period. Doctor prescribed me to take Good ova 100 mg 5 capsules from 3rd day of my period to 7th day. I just want to know that after taking Good ova how can I know when I am exactly ovulating? And when I should do intercourse that I can be pregnant?
I am 20 years old girl n having irregular menses with nymphomania. I have a aken allopathic treatment. But I don't have any relief. What should I do.
Due to sex, my wife feels her breast became large and heavy, as compared to her normal size. What should she do to get her normal size back?
I am facing a problem with the periods. Last month, November, I faced it twice within 5 days of gap. 1st one finished on 5th November and then started again on 10th November. (last month I donated blood too). This month, after few days my periods got over, it started again, but the amount of blood is very less. Last month I used "Unwanted 72" after unprotected sex. But this time I didn't. Please help me with this.
I was born in the month of 7, hence I got a small hole in my heart. But after 10 years doctors said I am alright. Now I am 30 years old. And want to conceive. Please tell me will it be a trouble in my pregnency. Or trouble to coniceve?
An elementary knowledge of biology tells you how important joints are for the overall functionality of a human body. If not for biology experience teaches us the inevitable importance of joints. The link between a tooth and the jawbone is also a joint. Without joints the human body would have been in bits and pieces.
Having known that, you should also try to remember or understand how disabling joint pains can be. They hardly let you move a limb and can also cripple you for life. Knee joint pain can hinder a person's free movement. Knees bear the entire load of your body; they support your frame. Knee joint pain should therefore be a cause for alarm.
Going by the following ways can relieve you of knee joint pain:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Carrying extra pounds can exert additional pressure on your joints and contribute to knee pain. If you're overweight, losing as little as 5 percent of your body weight can help relieve the stress on your knees. Talk to your doctor about developing a healthy eating plan and exercise program to help you lose weight sensibly.
- Find a low-impact exercise you enjoy: Talk to your doctor before beginning an exercise program. Good choices for people with knee pain include walking and swimming. Be sure to warm up before and cool down after exercising. Avoid hilly terrain and high-impact activities like running and jumping, as these can worsen knee pain.
- Give physical therapy a try: Physical and occupational therapy often are helpful for people with knee pain. A physical therapist can help design an exercise program that fits your individual ability level and teach you proper techniques to spare your joints. Occupational therapy can teach you how to reduce strain on your knees in your daily activities.
- Get enough rest and relaxation: Sure, physical activity is important, but rest and relaxation can go a long way to promote good health - and reduce pain. Achieve a healthy balance in your life by learning stress-relief techniques like deep breathing and meditation.
- Make sure you're getting enough sleep: No question-arthritis pain can interfere with a good night's sleep. However, proper sleep is necessary for overall health, so if you are having trouble sleeping, talk to your doctor. Proper pain management can help break the cycle to help you slumber soundly.
- Use Ice and/or Heat: For many people with arthritis pain, ice can help relieve pain and swelling and heat can help ease stiffness. Ask your doctor about how to safely use an ice pack and/or a warm towel or heating pad. A hot shower in the morning or warm bath before bed at night also may be helpful.
- Apply a topical pain reliever: A number of over-the-counter and prescription creams, gels, sprays and patches are available to help relieve arthritis pain. These pain relievers contain ingredients like capsaicin, salicylates, menthol, or a combination of medicines. Ask your doctor if one of these products might be right for you.
- Consider Injections: Persistent arthritis pain may respond to treatment with injections. Available options include corticosteroids, which can be used up to 2 or 3 times a year to relieve severe pain, and hyaluronic acid, which can help replenish lubricating substances in the knee. Talk to your doctor about the benefits and risks of injectable treatments for knee pain.
- Talk to Your Doctor about Surgery: If you have severe osteoarthritis symptoms that interfere with daily life and do not respond to conservative treatment, surgery may be necessary. Ask your doctor about arthroscopic procedures or total knee replacement, may be necessary.
I got married since 10th dec. I am not getting pregnant. My mensuration cycle is of 25 days this month and 30 days last month. It happens after marriage before that I was 28 days cycle. I just want to know is their any problem?
Doctor, at the end of 9 month of my pregnancy. How much weight is required to gain? at present I have completed 5 month n my present weight is 50 kg.
I am 20 years old. I usually have menses on 14 of each month. But this time I had very slight bleeding on 6 Jan only for some hours then it completely stopped and again came on 8 Jan for few hours after which it didn't appear again. I was expecting complete periods (3 days in my case) around 14 Jan but it didn't happen. What should I infer from this? Is the bleeding for few hours on 6 & 8 Jan can be considered as menses? Please help. Please suggest me some medicines to have complete periods.
Meri wife ko Mmr injection 18/5/2017 ko lagaya gya hai. Rubella 53.250 hai. Me Dr. Santosh dhar M. D. Obstetrician & Gynecologist ke pass gya jinhone PUBERGEN 5000HP Aqua injection Curagest_100 lagaya hai. 1 injection 1 week after phir lagane ke liye Bola hai. Tab. Fol-xt 1 months tab. Evion-lc 1 month Tab. Duphastone 1 months. Mujhe Dr. Santoshji ne Bola ki aap baby ko abhi nahi kar sakte phir Dr. Santosh ji ne rubella expert ko call karke pucha to unhone kha ki koi dikkat nahi hai aap baby kar sakte ho. Usg. B karane ke liye kha hai 20/6/2017. Pl. Mujhe bataye ki kya my wife & my baby safe hai. Jo medicine meri wife ko di ja rahi hai usse koi dikkat to nahi hai.
Ayurveda is a proven ancient life science that has been curing long term and often, debilitating diseases with a focus on methods like Panchakarma (comprising of pre-Panchakarma treatments like snehan oiling of the body with medicated preparations and swedan medicated steam), oral herbal medications and other tweaks in one's lifestyle that can help in combating the symptoms and advent of diseases.
Shirodhara is one of the methods followed by Ayurveda, which is said to stimulate the pituitary gland or 'third eye' that focuses on pouring warm medicated oil or medicinal decoctions on a certain point on one's forehead for a focused form of therapy followed by a relaxing head massage.
Let us find out the various benefits of Shirodhara:
- Awakening: With this method of oil flow, it is said that the 'third eye' or the pituitary gland gets activated to a degree where awakening of the senses takes place in the true form of the term. Hormones secreted from the pituitary gland the master gland of the body, help control growth, blood pressure, certain functions of the sex organs, thyroid glands and metabolism as well as some aspects of pregnancy, childbirth, nursing, water and salt concentration and the kidneys, temperature regulation and pain relief. This encourages overall better health as the organs also respond and function in a better manner.
- Good for Nervous System: This treatment also helps in stimulating and relaxing the right nerves in the right way which restores the balance the Praan Vaayu . So, the cerebral system also works in a better manner and cognition thrives, leading to a good and healthy state of the nervous system.
- Mental Clarity: When there is clear headedness and a proper balance and flow of chemicals within the brain and the various parts of the body, then there is a better state of mental clarity that the patient can achieve. This can be done with the help of shirodhara as it activates the requisite glands which can produce a more favourable and balanced state of mind. As a consequence, the patient will find that the quality of concentration and productivity as far as various tasks are concerned, will also go up by leaps and bounds.
- Treats Hair Loss: This focussed treatment takes on the hair follicles as well, thanks to the concoction of herbs and oils which is allowed to flow on to the scalp. This can help in preventing and repairing hair loss and hair damage to a great extent due to the nourishment and prolonged treatment method with which the oil is allowed to penetrate deep into the scalp and provide good health to the roots.
- Improves Sleep: This form of oilation therapy is also known to help a person sleep better because the mental faculties work better during the day and this restores the natural rhythm of the body by night, when the right amount of fatigue is achieved thanks to the healing properties of this procedure.
Thus, Shirodhara is a wholesome treatment for the body, mind and soul. Practice Shirodhara on a regular basis for good overall health.
Orgasmic dysfunction, or inhibited sexual excitement, or simply anorgasmia, is a condition whereby a woman fails to attain orgasms even when sexually aroused. This can prove to be a major sexual problem and is the cause of disputes and conflicts in a relationship because of the lack of sexual intimacy and satisfaction.
In order to be sexually excited, both mind and body are involved in a series of complex processes which finally result in a peak sexual response. Thus, both need to be functioning well in order to stimulate an orgasm.
Causes of orgasmic dysfunction:
Here are various causes that may lead to orgasmic dysfunction:
1. Boredom or lack of interest in sexual indulgences
2. Hormonal disorders or changes brought on by menopause
3. Chronic illnesses that affect sexual interest
4. Acquired negative attitudes (usually from childhood or adolescence) towards sex
5. Previous traumatic experiences relating to rape or sexual abuse
6. Certain prescription drugs like anti-depressants
7. Stress or high fatigue
8. Medical conditions affecting the nervous system around the pelvis
9. Medical conditions causing chronic pelvic pain
Symptoms of organic dysfunction may include:
1. Inability to attain orgasms
2. Taking longer than normal to reach an orgasm
3. Not having satisfying orgasms
It is important to note that when treating problems associated with orgasmic dysfunction, you must maintain a healthy attitude towards sex, in addition to having sufficient knowledge pertaining to sexual stimulations and responses. Learning how to communicate and how to express your needs and desires clearly is another important step in the treatment of anorgasmia. Here are a few other ways to improve your sex life:
1. Eat well and get enough rest
2. Reduce your consumption of alcohol, drugs or smoking
3. Engage in Kegel exercises which involve tightening and relaxing the muscles of the pelvis
4. Use birth control methods that both you and your partner agree to
5. Engage in other sexual activities apart from sexual intercourse
6. Educate yourself more about reaching orgasms by focusing on clitoral stimulation or directed masturbation
7. Take up sexual counseling to learn helpful exercises. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.