Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Prp Hair Transplant
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sainath MatsaYour feedback matters!
A beautiful, glowing skin is something all of us desire. However, due to several conditions such as the sun, weather and other health complications, it is not very easy to maintain a glowing skin. There are several ways using which you will be able to get a healthy, radiant skin. Here is an everyday beauty regiment you must follow:
- Exfoliation: Without proper exfoliation, a dead skin cell layer forms on the skin surface, making it look dull and lifeless. By exfoliating, new skin cell development is encouraged. You can exfoliate your skin using moisturizers, toners and cleansers for making it glow naturally. Natural exfoliating agents such as oats, orange peel, lentil powder and Bengal gram are also considered effective.
- Detoxification: When the body gets overloaded with toxins, the skin is affected in certain ways. You must carry out detoxification by decreasing the amount of sugar and alcohol in your regular diet to get a soft and glowing skin.
- Nourishment: The skin requires proper nourishment with enough vitamins and minerals for a glowing appearance. Vitamin C acts as an antioxidant and repairs the skin from within, making it healthy. As a result, you get a soft, supple and glowing skin. Iron is also essential for the proper functioning of the antioxidants. Essential minerals and vitamins should be externally applied to the skin surface. The skin cells absorb these nutrients and as a result, you get a glowing complexion.
- Diet: Digestive problems cause skin impurities, and thus a proper diet is required for maintaining a healthy, radiant skin. You should consume food items such as nuts, fish, white meat, grains, brown rice and vegetables like tomato and broccoli for a glowing skin.
- Hydration: You must drink lots of water for proper flushing out of toxins and their elimination from your system. The skin cells get pumped, resulting in a fuller and glowing skin. You must consume more than 2 litres of water regularly.
- Proper sleep: The body requires seven to nine hours of regular sleep for overall rejuvenation and repair. Insufficient or interrupted sleep affects your body, and the skin gets affected as well. It loses its lustre and glow. Hence, proper sleep must be a part of your everyday regimen.
- Antioxidants: Natural antioxidants fight free radicals and give you a beautiful and radiant skin. You have to consume substances, which contain natural antioxidants like vitamin C and vitamin E. Damaged skin is repaired when you get enough antioxidants, giving it a glowing appearance.
You should try to keep away from stress as much as possible and undertake some form of physical activity regularly. Proper pimple and acne care is also necessary if you want to maintain a glowing skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I am 44 years old female. My face and neck skin is sagging. Is it normal or early. Whom should I consult and what treatment should I take?
I have a lot of pimples on my face from 2-3 years and now a months they removed but cause of dark spots. What will I do.
My mouth a lot of acne. Because of this my face appear unsightly dead. What you can tell me why and what are the measures & what should I do?
I had used so many creams for become fair but instead of fairness I became dark Pls Tell me if there is any cream that make me fair.
Hii. Suggest that which hair removal cream is better to use for under arms and for pubic area? How to get rid of darkness for this same? And also once I have done hair remove its hair growing very fastly, am fed up this so please suggest me for this.
I am 40 years old man. I am living in bangalore I have hair fall problem from past 8 years. Know I am bald. At the age of 32 my hair was began to fall so please tell me how should I regrow my hair.
I am 37 year old and my skin is oily I have pimple mark on my face how can I get rid of this and also have dark spots.
My pimples growth is just exceeding. Inspite of the medications I followed as the Lybrate-Docs suggested me. Drinking water, using a pimple free face wash! And the growth of my pimple is completely going high on my chin, my fore head and on cheeks! Please, help me cure it. I have ma Fashion show in 2 weeks!
I am facing itching problem since last three months in latrine place. No symptoms of piles but I am havingbody heat problem very much. What to do please suggest me.
I have stepped now into my 18th year but I have many pimples on my face and acne prblm with that the pimples r leaving the marks n my face looks more older than my age there are also those tiny holes on my skin what should I do to this?
Stopped having sex since 2 years passed. Masturbating daily. Feeling weak and facing hair loss and thin hair. My hair is not growing long as it used to grow when I was virgin. Even after doing exercise I cannot control myself having masturbation. Help. Thank you.
Does gastric problem creates hair loss, my hair is thinning almost last stage. Please help me with your kind suggestion for hair regrowth and stop hair fall.
Ayurveda believes that the human body is made of 3 doshas kapha, pitta and vata. Most illnesses are a result of imbalance between these three doshas and dominance of patterns and symptoms of one of the three doshas.
Melanin is the pigment that gives the skin its color; higher the pigment levels, darker the complexion. Hyperpigmentation is caused due to excessive melanin deposition, commonly in certain areas of the skin like the face leading to blemishes and dark spots. In fair complexioned people, this could be an aesthetic issue, affecting the personality of the individual.
The following are some common causes of hyperpigmentation:
- Overexposure to sunlight: Direct exposure to sunlight without use of sunscreen.
- Environmental pollutants: Dust and other chemicals, especially in areas with high levels of pollution are more prone to hyperpigmentation.
- Cosmetic products: If they contain chemicals like silicone and hydroquinone, over a long period of time, can produce dark spots.
- Antibiotics and hormone treatments: As a side effect, some antibiotics and hormones used as oral contraceptive pills can produce spots.
- Viral infections like herpes: The scars from infections like herpes and chickenpox would take time to heal completely and can be a cosmetic issue.
Hormonal issues may cause hyperpigmentation and in that case, we need to supplement herbal tablets for better result and better skin health and glow.
Now, let us look at some simple, herbal ways to manage these:
Natural exfoliation of skin: Wash the skin regularly with plain water before heading out and after returning.
Aloe vera juice can be used as a cleanser and toner followed by applying vitamin E oil.
Use the following natural face packs:
- Turmeric: Known for its skin lightening properties, turmeric can be mixed with milk or aloe vera pulp or ghee and applied on the skin. Alternately, plain turmeric can be rubbed on the skin once or twice a day to reduce blemishes.
- Lemon Juice: Application of plain lime juice is considered as an excellent way to reduce dark spots and blemishes.
- Sandalwood: Believed to have great benefits on the skin. Mixed with honey or milk or plain sandalwood as a paste is very beneficial to the skin.
- Tomato juice: Mixed with honey is also believed to be good for skin complexion.
- Water: Drinking lots of water keeps the skin hydrated and helps the skin keep pigmentation at bay. There would be a natural glow and elasticity of the skin, which is very visible.
In addition to these food substances, there are a lot of topical applications like oils (kumkumadi oil, nalpamaradi oil, eladi oil, and kanaka oil). The treatment should be holistic in that along with topical applications there should be overall reduced exposure to sun and sufficient water consumption to wash off toxins and dead skin cells. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.