Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Sai SurenderYour feedback matters!
Can I eat mushroom during jaundice? And tell me what type of things should I need to avoid during jaundice? My S.bilirubin is 1.9.
I am 20 years old female I got headache after doing sex and a sever pain on breast and breast is becoming larger after doing sex can you tell me the solution.
I have severe pain in stomach from last few days and some irritation in chest it causes very much pain what should I do.
My friend is experiencing occasional pain on the back of his neck. He doesn't use his mobile that often too. What should he do?
I hav gastric problem,i wont fell hungry at lunch and dinner times. I m loosing my weight nowadays. What problem is that?
I am 25 years old I am from Mumbai last night I was doing some work unfortunate I fell down on the ground I had some kind of illness like headache.
M not getting proper sleep now a days due to which I cannot concentrate the rest of the day properly in my work. please help me.
I am 45 year old I have over fat and sugar problem last 7 month I know after check up please help me.
I have head ache and loose motion and stomach pain and fever. Previous night I have wrong food due this. It happens. Please provide me such medications. So I will be get well soon best medicine to cure the disease.
The area between my head and my neck aches a lot and it causes a lot of pain. I am not able to sleep for this reason and my head does not move freely. I tried traction but that did not work. What should I do?
My father is suffering from fever from last 2-3 month, in 1998 he is suffering from TB but he completed his course of medicine. We thought he again having TB we done sputum for AFB which is negative we done sputum culture gram stain it's also negative, but one doctor after seen CT chest and x ray declared that he have TB again, so my question is is it possible that without sputum positive a person can be tb declared and what happens if he not having tb and we given tb dose to him ,is it harmful.
Sir, I have a skin tag problem. So how to take treatment from this disease. And also how it happen or cause.
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.