Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sai MeenakshiYour feedback matters!
I am a 23 year old married girl. During the last 7-8 days and after sex too much in my genitals causing itching. please suggest me.
I am 26 year married woman I feel so irritation after sex . I am pregnant of 3 month. What can I do ?
I am 27 years old and I got married since 3 years nd me and my husband are cousins. Nd our blood group is same. So it is possible for me to conceive. because we are trying for past 1 year .nd my uterus is also slight retroved.
She is pregnant and has a habit of late nite sleeping from the very beginning. Actually she likes to enjoy it she likes to sleep in the morning. So I suggested her not to do that she can't changed her habit yet. Is it really a bad thing for for her and her unborn baby? She also likes to eat chat, alphonso mangoes. Give right guidance whether she can continue wit it or drop these habits.
Hai doc, my name is swathi, 3 months ago I had miscarriage but that don't affect my regular periods last two months it was normal but this month my periods got delayed and I only had bleeding on the 1st day of my chums and 6th & 7th day I had spotting? Is there any chances that I am pregnant? Is there even chances to get conceive during periods and does it effect baby? I mean abnormalities as such?
Increase in weight of 3 kgs in month and irregular periods, a delay of 4 to 5 days from the regular time it happens. Having a fear of thyroid but there are no symptoms. No constipation, no skin allergies, no frequent urination, no puffy eye lids, no fatigue. Please confirm if 3 kgs weight increase and delay of 4 to 5 days of periods can be due to Thyroid. Is this normal or abnormal.
Hi, I have PCOD and thyroid level is 5.55 (TSH, and my endometrium is thickened 12 mm, I am taking APCOD as suggested by gynecologist, Please suggest me.
I am 25 years old women and had one baby where am still breastfeeding am seeing so wean day by day went off down to weight from 65 to 45 within two months. What should I do?
Hi. My wife is not getting periods since last 10 months after she got a surgery on her first delivery and came close various times with protection also she did pregnancy tests various times but it was always negative. Is there any problem with her. What can she do.
This is for my sister who is recently married (2 weeks). She is facing slight stomach pain after intercourse. The semen not inserted but still she have pain. Wat is the cause? Is tat a serious issues? How can we resolve that? She is 25 yrs. 155 cms height nd 54 kgs.
I am 22 years old, I have irregular periods issue from past 2-3 months, my periods was due to come 9th which is yet to come, I follow proper diet, do exercise daily, what should I do? Please help me.
Quinoa is considered to be one of the world's healthiest foods. It is gluten free and high in protein. It is among the few plants which contain all 9 essential amino acids. Quinoa is also rich in fiber, iron, potassium, phosphorus, Vitamin E, vitamin B and other beneficial antioxidants.
Here are 11 health benefits of quinoa:
- Quinoa comes in red, white and black colors. It is an edible seed and becoming very trendy among the people who are health conscious. It is loaded with the richness of many important nutrients.
- There are many trace nutrients present which are very healthy for the body. These include flavonoids which are basically the plant antioxidants which have beneficial effects on the health. Quercetin and Kaempferol are flavonoids and are found in large amounts in quinoa. Both these molecules have anti viral, anti inflammatory, anti cancer and anti depressants effects.
- Very high in fiber, much higher than most grains: It is high in fiber, but boiled quinoa has less fiber in it as it is absorbed by the water. It has almost 17-27 grams of fiber per cup.
- Gluten-free and perfect for people with gluten intolerance: A gluten free diet is considered to be healthy as long as the starches are not refined as this causes a problem. If gluten foods with refined sugars are consumed they are equal to consuming junk food. Quinoa is a natural gluten free product and is used in gluten free recipes. This increases the nutrient value and the antioxidants of the gluten diet.
- Amino acids make up the protein. Some of these amino acids are known as essential as we need to get them through diet. Many plant foods are deficient in some essential amino acids like lysine. But quinoa is an exception, as it contains all the nine amino acids.
- The glycemic index is usually done to measure the blood sugar levels. On eating foods high in glycemic index, it can stimulate the hunger and leads to obesity. The glycemic index of quinoa is 53 which is low.
- Certain nutrients like magnesium, potassium, zinc and (for women) irons go missing from the diet. Quinoa is very high in all these minerals, especially magnesium.
- Quinoa can lower blood sugar and triglyceride levels thus improving metabolic health.
- Quinoa appears to be very high in antioxidants, which are increased even further after the seeds are sprouted.
- Helps in losing weight as quinoa is high in fiber, protein and has a low glycemic index.
- Quinoa is very easy to include in diet.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
For most of us it is important that we can give our female partners that much needed release, but it is not always the case that they attain it. An orgasm is a sexual release that is highly intense in nature and something a person reaches as a normal culmination of the act of having sexual intercourse. Yet, there are many conditions where women do not orgasm. This may be due to a condition known as orgasmic dysfunction or anorgasmia, or even due to stress and anxiety or other chronic health issues. Whatever the reason may be not being able to reach an orgasm after attaining the peak of your excitement and ample stimulation can be quite a dampener. So, here are the myths and truths about female orgasms.
- No orgasm is not abnormal: There is nothing wrong with a woman who cannot reach an orgasm merely through intercourse. This is a major myth that medical science seeks to debunk. To begin with, there are only about a third of women who can reach an orgasm with the help of intercourse. A third can reach orgasm during intercourse, but they do need extra stimulation. A third can reach an orgasm only with the help of manual or oral stimulation.
- It's all in the mind: Anyone who thinks that not being able to have an orgasm is a matter of being in a psychological space where it does not happen, could be mistaken. While stress could result in a few episodes where the female cannot achieve an orgasm, there is an actual condition that encompasses the problem of not being able to orgasm. This is called anorgasmia which could be global (never had an orgasm), or situational (cannot achieve orgasms in certain situations). This condition is tied to the mental and physical condition of the female in question.
- Frigid or suffering from relationship problems: This is yet another myth that many people harbour. A female may be perfectly normal and happy in her relationship. There may be many other causes for not being able to achieve an orgasm including side effects of certain types of medication, or due to the presence of other chronic ailments.
- Nothing one can do about It: Well, this one is a major myth. If the female is not being able to orgasm, then there is plenty that one can do about it. To begin with, the woman can try relaxation techniques. Also, her partner can encourage her to try other means of stimulation like manual stimulation, or oral stimulation.
It is important to address issues like intimacy and not being able to orgasm with your doctor and your partner with the help of counselling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.