Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sai LakshmiYour feedback matters!
में 13 साल का हूँ । मेरे ankle में दर्द होता है। ये पिचले 1 महीने से है। में 5 सीडी से कूडा । तबसे मेरे दर्द है। मेने डॉक्टर को भी दिखाया तो उहनोने मुझे crack bandage और दबाई दी । पर मुझे कोई आराम नहीं मिला । बताइये में क्या करू।
I am 22 years old female and married and I am suffering with pcod problem. What are the measures should I take to cure pcod? Please suggest something for me.
I have a wrist fracture 7 months ago. I am 16 years old. It now diagnosed that I have growth plate injury in distal radius. What should I do.?
From last few days I have sleeping for 15-16 hours per day, but still I feel like very much tired. Please help me. What to do?
Hello, I am drinking black tea these day's, I would like to continue, Is there any complications in future, please tell me benefits of block tea,
Hello mam I have sexual problem please mam help me related to this. I masturbate twice per day so this can have any effect on me.
I am 4months pregnant. Since the start of pregnancy my sleep has been disrupted. I hardly sleep 3-4hrs at night. Though tired I do not get sleep. I do not sleep in the day time also for fear of not sleeping at night. Before pregnancy I slept 6-7hrs without issues. Kindly advise what to do. Im also suffering from migraine due to this problem.
Am suffering from diabetes from last three years, am also patient of hypertension, joint pain in my knees, I want medicine,
How to get rid of ear wax blockage? I'm using DeWax ear drops from past 2 days but no result. Any complications?
I have dandruff in my hairs and when I have longer hairs than the hairfall is there and when I have small hairs dandruff is there and some type of khujli is also.
I've ear infection for several days. I've used ear drops and antibiotics but no result. What to do now.
I have been facing a issue that is head ache I have no ability to solve this problem I am a student and I gave to do study for my purpose so while study I face a lot of problems please tell me a way to remove my issue I will be thankful for you.
Having black spots on the tongue with feeling of burning for the last one year treated with fluconazole and candid mouth paint with no improvement for the last 5 months kindly suggest treatment age 43 years female.
A kidney transplant is a surgical procedure that patients of kidney disease go through in order to replace a non functioning kidney with a live one that is healthy and functions well. Other methods to treat this disease also include dialysis, which basically is an artificial way of doing what our kidneys are designed to do. When dialysis does not work, many doctors recommend a kidney transplant. A replacement or donated kidney can come from a living donor or a non-living donor. This new kidney will mostly work towards keeping the blood clean, which is a function that stops when the old and diseased kidneys fail.
So, here's a list of five essential facts that you need to keep in mind if you are looking at a kidney transplant:
- Donors: While there are living and non-living donors, the doctor will have to ensure that your donor is someone who has no medical history of complications, kidney disease or any other medical condition like diabetes or hypertension. Also, the donor would have to have two proper functioning kidneys. Further, one of the most important factors is the blood group. The blood group of the donor and the patient must match for the transplant to be possible.
- Procedure: During the surgery, the patient will be under general anesthesia. The surgeon will make an incision in the lower abdomen area and the blood vessels of the new kidney will be connected surgically with the vein and iliac artery of the patient. Thereafter, any excess fluid will be drained before wrapping up the surgery.
- Rejection: The patient's body may also reject the kidney. The immune system of the patient may mistake the new kidney as an attacking body and its natural defenses may work against it, which will lead to complications. For this, doctors usually prescribe immunosuppressant medicines that will help in preventing such an eventuality.
- Longevity: While a living donor's kidney may last longer, a non-living donor's kidney will not enjoy such a long life. In such cases, a second transplant can be conducted.
- Diet: After the transplant, the patient will be required to go through a number of measures like coughing to show that the lungs are clear, as well as administration of fluids and some amount of examination and dialysis. Also, the patient will have to have a special diet that includes raw fruits and vegetables, and plenty of non-fat dairy ingredients.
A kidney transplant is a major operation that can change your lifestyle in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.