Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sai KishoreYour feedback matters!
Does your baby’s skin taste too salty when you kiss him or her? Did he or she not poop after being born? These symptoms indicate cystic fibrosis in your baby, which is a condition that changes the way your body makes sweat and mucus. It also affects the functioning of the lungs and digestive system. The condition occurs from a flawed gene. If you have cystic fibroids, your mucus may be too thick or your sweat can be too salty. Heavy mucus clogging in your lungs may affect your ease of breathing. This is a serious and life-threatening disease, but it affects different people in different ways.
The gene known as CFTR is present in everybody. It makes a protein which controls the amount of salt and water that are moved in and out of the cells of the body. In case of cystic fibroids, the CTFR gene is broken, which occurs if you inherit two bad copies of the gene. A bad CFTR gene may lead your cells to make the wrong amount of water or salt. This makes the body incapable of getting sufficient oxygen and nutrients, as the body loses them via sweating.
Apart from the primary symptoms, several other symptoms are also likely due to cystic fibroids. The common symptoms which your child may experience are as follows:
- Coughing up thick mucus, wheezing and shortness of breath
- Sinus infections, pneumonia, or very frequent bronchitis
- Development of polyps in the nose
- Bulky, oily and foul-smelling stool
- Low bone density, widening and rounding of the fingertips and weight loss
- In later life, cystic fibroids may cause liver disease, gallstones or pancreatitis.
There is no specific treatment for cystic fibroids. Several treatments are followed for relieving the symptoms and help patients feel better, breathe easier and have lesser infections or stomach problems.
- Airway clearance technique can help you with breathing as the mucus from the lungs is cleared in the process. There are several ways to undertake airway clearance and special devices can be used for assistance.
- Several inhaled drugs such as salt solutions, steroids and antibiotics are used in thinning the mucus, clearing the lungs and fighting infections.
- Several medicines are used for fighting the inflammation and reducing swelling in the lungs.
- In case your pancreas are not working properly, you can take enzyme pills for digesting proteins and fats for absorbing more nutrients from the food you take.
- Vitamin A, E and D supplements provide the nutrients, which your intestine cannot absorb.
In case you experience the symptoms of cystic fibroids, you should consult a doctor immediately. This will allow you to go for an early diagnosis and effective treatment.
I am 33 year old male, by profession in sales marketing, have to under go more than 100 Km journey everyday in bike. I feel sleepy through out the day, even though I have good sleep at night of 6 hours. Normally I don't take any medicine daily for any disease. I am pron to sneezing , running nose, cough and cold frequently for that I some time take medicine.
Hello doctor I am 20 year old and I have suffering from fever and dry cough problem last 5 days. What should I do?
Hello. Doctor Am having a breathing problem and while breathing am getting a hard pain at my backbone can't walk and sleep, it is paining a lot.
I have sinus problem. For a long time. I am using fluticasone nasal spray. Doctor advised me to use before 4 years. I have started using since last week due to repeated sneezing in morning. Is there any side effects? Will that impact eyes?
I am suffering from dry cough since 20 days. Severe allergic responses are also there in the form of sneezing and redness of eyes. How can I get rid off this?
What tests to be conduct for last 6 months cough. Chest x ray done but everything is fine but still cough is there. What we can do?
Sir I am suffering from cough and right side chest pain since 20 days I have taken x-ray also in that normal is there but its nt curring sir its cause tb r anything else so plzz tell me sir what is the disease so what can I do sir give me suggestion.
Parents of young ashmatics do ask,whether their ward will grow out of this disease or go in remission. If their ward is male,have less severe asthma,is atopic and not allergic to feather,then the ward is more likely to go in remission
Dr MOOL CHAND GUPTA
MD RESPIRATORY MEDICINE