Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SagunthalaYour feedback matters!
The frequent, passionate portrayal of shower sex in movies gives most people the idea that it is an everyday occurrence. That couldn't be farther from the truth. While shower sex helps stimulating fantasies as well as disinhibiting and developing your sexuality, mentioned below are a few reasons why one should take precautions while performing this sexual act or avoid it all together. Lastly, a lot of people find it difficult to have sex in the shower, so if it doesn't work for you, don't blame yourself.
Cons of Shower Sex:
1. Slippery floor- All of us know that slippery and damp places are accident prone areas and the shower is no different. Both the partners must keep in mind a few precautions before getting all hot and heavy under the shower. Owning a non-slip rug is essential and goes a long way to avoid twists, cramps, shocks and painful fall glides that may break or seriously injure your arms or legs.
2. Condoms- It is best to stay out of the shower while having sex if you still use condoms because no tests have been conducted to see if condoms can withstand soap, shampoo or any other type of cleansers mixed with hot water. It could get away with water, increasing your risk of pregnancy.
3. Lubricant- Shower sex can be very uncomfortable for women because the water washes away all the natural lubricant produced. Moreover, for women (usually those who opt for birth control pills) who cannot produce enough lubricant, shower sex can be painful.
However, there are silicon based lubricants in the market that make having sex in the shower easier and more comfortable. Do not use water based lubricant because the water can wash it away easily.
4. Security- Being secure is a very important factor when it comes to having sex in the shower so that one doesn't harm or injure himself or herself while in the throes of passion. Only the wall should be used as support. During such sessions try to hold on to something that is firmly attached to the wall to improve support. Do not seize railings, pipes, shower curtains, etc. as they may break or come apart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I have 1 month old baby & I regularly feed him but the milk produce by my body is not enough for him. Is there any way to increase it without any side effect to baby or me. I feel it is not enough due to reason that when I press the nipple or aloe, milk does not come out it come only when baby suck as I can see it in the some portion being collected in artificial nipple (initially I have small size nipple so using artificial nipple / nipple shield for feeding)
Research has shown that sitting for prolonged durations has many dangerous effects on our body in the long term.
1) On your back -
The problem: sitting for long hours can cause muscle aches and pains. It can also lead to abnormal bending of your spine which may make one more prone to have long term back pain.
The solution: keep your back straight and maintain proper posture.
2) On your weight -
The problem: according to a recent research, people who say they watch television frequently are 40 per cent less likely to exercise than non-tv watchers.
The solution: get up and get moving.
3) On your brain
The problem: researchers recently found that prolonged session of watching tv before going to bed makes it harder to fall asleep, reduces sleep, and makes one groggy the next day, even after clocking eight hours of sleep. The reason is that the blue light which the television emits, inhibits the release of melatonin, a hormone that helps you go to sleep.
The solution: limit your tv viewing to two hours after work.
4) On your lungs
The problem: among the many health hazards it causes, sitting for long hours can also shrink your lung capacity by a third, so you get less oxygen, which causes a decrease in mental focus the second you sit on the couch.
The solution: sit on a chair with a pillow behind your lower back. It is a position that helps open your lungs.
5) On your heart
The problem: An international study found out that on an average, every single hour of television watching after 25 reduces life expectancy by close to 22 minutes.
The solution: researchers have discovered little mortality risk for people who watch less than an hour a day. Pick a show that's a real brain numbing deal, so you're more likely to need time between episodes.
I got married in march month and trying to get baby every month I got periods properly without any issues 28 days cycle is proper but this month still I don't get periods three days past away. I waiting for get pregnant. I don't know whether I m pregnant or not. Please guide me.
I am a 17 years old girl. I got my periods when I was 15 years old but I was never continuous. I got my periods in 2 months or so. Now I am not getting my periods from 4 months. I am healthy and I dnt feel like I am weak. So why it is so.
I am suffering from burning sensation on my left abdomen for last 6month and my evacuation is irregular; sometimes have constipation and there r no other associated symptoms like abdominal pain; fever. Investigation-USG whole abdomen-no abnormalities was seen Treatment-I take Rabeprazole20mg about 2 month then sucralfate prescribe by MD medicine doctor but there is no any improve still I am suffering from burning sensation.
What is ment by hormonal imbalance bcoz My Fiance is suffering with that problem. I came to know that is was in early stages. Is there any problem or further complications with this. Could you please me out.
My wife taken I-pill after 66 hours of Sex. Is there any risk of pregnancy. I-pill says 72 hours after sex. Please guide.
Hi. I am 23yrs female n married. My menses was on 3rd Oct. Since then I have vaginal itching and burning sensation. Initially it was bearable. I had anti allergy twice. But no help. And now I am very much uncomfortable. Can you help for instant relief.
I have pcod problem .recently I came to know about it. Please tell me about the diet to take and what to avoid to recover from the problem early. I am taking medicines as suggested my gyaeno.
I am 21 year old and some times I experience pain in one of the breast. Both in the right and left side as well. Why is it caused?
I am 18 years old and I am releasing squirt unnecessarily without any intimation or without any feelings. could you tell me is this is natural or is this a problem? Why girls squirt unnecessarily?
I am 21 yr old. I am suffering from pcod from last 5 year. I am just sick of weight gain and hairfall. What can I do to treat this?
4 Reasons you SHOULD have your meals with ghee
Full of nutrients, ghee or clarified butter comes with an assortment of health benefits. Despite its vast nutrient content, most people avoid ghee, believing that it is fattening. This is in fact not entirely true! Here’s why you should consider adding a dollop of ghee to your meals.
1. Good for your brain: Ghee is an excellent source of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids, which help in the proper functioning of your brain and nervous system. Furthermore, these fats can also decrease your risk of getting brain disorders like Alzheimer’s and dementia.
2. Strengthens your immunity: Ghee is rich in nutrients like CLA and K2 that give it its anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. Also, the presence of these nutrients helps ghee in strengthening your immune system so as to keep diseases at bay.
Additionally, several studies show that the butyric acid (acid that helps in controlling metabolism) content of ghee also helps in fortifying your immune system as it enables the creation of killer T cells (a type of white blood cells) in the stomach.
3. Promotes weight loss: Contrary to popular belief, the inclusion of ghee in your diet can also help in reducing fat cells in your body, leading to loss of weight. It does so by improving the functioning of your gall bladder, so that the bile that is produced is able to break down the fats that are digested. As your meals get easily digested, your body’s metabolism levels also increase significantly.
Moreover, it contains medium-chain fatty acids (MCTs) that are responsible for augmenting your body’s metabolic processes. Several researches indicate that these fatty acids have the ability to burn calories and bringing about weight loss. While decreasing hunger, they are also responsible for oxidation of fats that get accumulated in your body.
4. Helps in digestion: Ghee regulates the secretion of stomach acid, which gives you a stronger appetite, while helping you to properly digest your food. Furthermore, when added to foods like khichdi or puran poli, it could help you to digest these better. If you suffer from low levels of butyric acid production, it can significantly perk up your butyric acid production by improving the functioning of your digestive tract. Butyric acid is highly important as it strengthens the walls of your intestines, while being an energy source for your body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.